Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: entry fee to friendlies by essex don25/7/2014 21:10Fri Jul 25 21:10:02 2014view thread

New Season Weekly Prediction Comp

By Paul Butler (legacy user)25/7/2014 11:32Fri Jul 25 11:32:23 2014

Views: 4823

RIGHT - Football Prediction Weekly Competition - this is how it works - it's a fiver a week, I pick the biggest live TV game every Sunday, you predict the correct score, and the time of the LAST goal (as a tie breaker)

80% of the entries are paid out
20% go to the Hendon FC Supporters Association

If you get the correct score and you're the only one - you win the pot.
If more than one person is correct - the nearest guess to the last goal minute wins the pot.
If no one wins, the money rolls over to the following week.
Rollovers are only available to every week players, not to occasional players.

I will create a private Facebook group so all predictions (including mine) can be seen before the match. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE FACEBOOK TO GET INVOLVED - YOU CAN EMAIL OR EVEN TEXT ME YOUR PREDICTIONS AND I WILL POST THEM UP FOR YOU. The Facebook group is just a way of showing everyone's predictions before the match so no one can accuse me of cheating.

Even with just ten people involved - you'll be playing for 40 quid a week, I'm aiming for treble that, 30 people would mean £120 EVERY WEEK to be won.

10 people playing = a tenner a week for the HFCSA, works out a fair chunk over the season.
My target of 30 people playing would up it to £30 a week donation.

Players can join at any time, it's essentially a brand new competition every week (excl Rollovers) so if you miss the start, don't panic, you can still join in, and I will be publicising it throughout the season.

The first match will be the Community Shield between Arsenal and Manchester City on Sunday August 10th.

Please post your email address if you are interested in joining, and I will contact you next week with payment information (I will be using a separate bank account for this and prefer standing order payments for players who will play every week)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Player Sponsorship 2014-15 by Hendon FC21/7/2014 22:57Mon Jul 21 22:57:10 2014view thread