Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Summer Trip to Weymouth - 12th July by John Rice18/3/2014 16:08Tue Mar 18 16:08:12 2014view thread

Incredible

By rwakeley (legacy user)17/3/2014 22:25Mon Mar 17 22:25:25 2014

Views: 4762

5th October - the last time the Stones failed to score in a league fixture. Averaging nigh on 2.5 a goals a game, they are vertually all but home and dry - and fair play to them. They have been knocking on the door for a while and deserve success.
As for Hendon - what can you say - another monumental physical and mental effort. Our experienced players are accumulating seasons under their belts and form the heart of our team. Newer additions add finese and guile.
Behind it all we have a management team with the appropriate knowledge to keep the show on the road.
Even our rivals over on twitter were complimentary of our endeavours.
Yet again, exceptionally proud of everybody at the club.
Onto somewhere in Essex.

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

Superb

By John Rice (legacy user)17/3/2014 23:03Mon Mar 17 23:03:45 2014In response to IncredibleTop of thread

Views: 4461

The team were magnificent tonight. A number of chances, none of which went in. The second half I thought was spent mainly in the Wealdstone half. Very good game all round. Was hoping we would nick it but it was not to be.

Our support looked slightly better than normal, numbers wise. However, we remained silent. Why?? Players and management giving their all, youth set up and possible new home bodes well for the future. Supporters need to do their bit. Not good enough.

Re: Superb

By SteveHFC (legacy user)18/3/2014 10:37Tue Mar 18 10:37:01 2014In response to SuperbTop of thread

Views: 4303

Despite watching nervously throughout - second half particularly as my guest will testify, I actually really quite enjoyed the game last night.

The squad put in another magnificent shift, but couldn't quite get the decisive touches to score - and it was the same at the other end for Wealdstone. Defence superb again, that's 5 clean sheets in 6 games, a huge improvement on earlier in the season.

It's the first time since the 1970/71 season that both league games against Wealdstone have been drawn. There aren't many, if any, sides that Wealdstone will fail to beat in the league this season.

We have 11 games left, 9 of which are against sides below us in the table. It's going to be very tough to expect the squad to keep up that level of effort over the next 5 and a half weeks, but I think we all know that they will give it their very best shot.

Another rubbish stat - 57 points is our joint highest points total after 35 games under Gary's leadership. Our best over a 42 game season under Gary is 72. Can we get 16 points in our next 7 games to beat that? Tough ask, but not impossible.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

By mike cox (legacy user)18/3/2014 12:07Tue Mar 18 12:07:02 2014In response to Re: SuperbTop of thread

Views: 4418

I was really proud of the team last night - a really wonderful all-out performance. Could not have asked for any greater effort. As for the Hendon vocal support, I must put up my hand to being silent (but I do have a valid excuse). However, I was ashamed at the lack of encouragement given to the lads - they deserve much more than that.
Incidentally seems the Ruislip mob fans were as unhappy with the ref as we were. Also overhead some saying they were very happy with a point given "the weak team they put out."

By John (legacy user)18/3/2014 15:25Tue Mar 18 15:25:03 2014In response to Re: SuperbTop of thread

Views: 4329

With Wealdstone missing 8 first team 'regulars', it's worth noting that we were hardly at full-strength ourselves without Berkley Laurencin, Scott Cousins, James Fisher, Tony Taggart and Elliott Brathwaite. Sam Flegg came off on Saturday as well with an ice-pack on his knee as he walked down the tunnel, so I was surprised that he started last night and Anthony Thomas was obviously exhausted during the 2nd half Saturday as well before he came off.

In actual fact, given the laboured performance for much of Saturday and Stones netting 5 against East Thurrock, I suspected we might have been in for a long evening. Credit, once again then to the players for digging deep against the best side in the league.

My point here is that which team had which players out is pretty irrelevant. We can all spin the facts however we like, it all adds up to a pretty pointless argument.

I think given events, neither set of fans would be unhappy with a point. The Stones can now concentrate on sewing up the title now whilst we can look to extend our decent run of form at the weekend at Rookery Hill.

Previous thread: Music Requests for tomorrow by SteveHFC14/3/2014 12:08Fri Mar 14 12:08:59 2014view thread