Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: London Bari by Jeff Hill2/12/2014 13:00Tue Dec 2 13:00:06 2014view thread

Ebbsfleet Away

By John Rice (legacy user)19/11/2014 20:21Wed Nov 19 20:21:19 2014

Views: 5300

I will be driving to the game. I have 3 spaces in my car at present. Please email me if you want a lift.

I would urge anyone else driving to offer up spaces in their car. Let's get as many people to the game as we can.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Ebbsfleet Away

By admiral46 (legacy user)26/11/2014 09:15Wed Nov 26 09:15:46 2014In response to Ebbsfleet AwayTop of thread

Views: 4568

Ebbsfleet fan here!

You have every chance on Saturday. We were dreadful last night (lost 3-0) and just look at our forum - lots of discontent with the manager and the players. With any luck our manager will have gone by the time Saturday comes around!

Hope you enjoy your visit (but not too much) - if you need any info about getting to us, just ask!

Ebbsfleet away

By richhend (legacy user)26/11/2014 11:00Wed Nov 26 11:00:05 2014In response to Re: Ebbsfleet AwayTop of thread

Views: 4615

Thanks for the offer. I recall from Ebbs fleet's Ryman days that it was one of the easier grounds to get to due to its closeness to the station. We also seemed to lose whenever I went there. I can particularly recall that very fine centre - back you had, Francis Duke. He was a terrific player.

Re: Ebbsfleet away

By admiral46 (legacy user)28/11/2014 10:02Fri Nov 28 10:02:23 2014In response to Ebbsfleet awayTop of thread

Views: 4577

Francis Duku, yep he was a legend! Played for Dulwich and a few others after us as I recall.

Even easier to get to our ground now as you can take high-speed link from St Pancras to Ebbsfleet.

And as you may have seen, our manager has indeed departed this week so we'll have one of the players as caretaker for the game tomorrow.

Ebbsfleet Yesterday

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)30/11/2014 13:28Sun Nov 30 13:28:16 2014In response to Re: Ebbsfleet awayTop of thread

Views: 4413

Never gave ourselves a chance. Strange formation, poor delivery when one of the few opportunities arose, easy passes going astray, blue away kit (?) and piss poor away support.
They tried to kick us off the park for the first 20 minutes or so until Ollie showed we could dish it out as well.
Definite handball in the scramble for their goal.
Very nice stadium in a toilet of a town.
Seemed like I was the only mug paying full price for everything, what with crusty concessions on everything from travel to admission, even comp tickets floating about. And a quid for a kit kat.
See you on Tuesday.

Re: Ebbsfleet Yesterday

By SteveHFC (legacy user)30/11/2014 14:24Sun Nov 30 14:24:47 2014In response to Ebbsfleet YesterdayTop of thread

Views: 4405

No text

Ebbsfleet Yesterday

By rwakeley (legacy user)30/11/2014 14:58Sun Nov 30 14:58:45 2014In response to Re: Ebbsfleet YesterdayTop of thread

Views: 4419

Tactical stuff to one side, we did look restricted in our options.
Both major cup exits to Connie South sides, so no disgrace there. I relished the opportunity of having a go at them. My frustration is that in both encounters we have failed to deliver a tangible effort on goal - so something is amiss. I thought we were very compact as a unit, just lacked penetration.
Given their lively link-up play through the middle - I didn't think they offered much else and we contained them very well. Barring one strange clearance into his own box, I thought Ollie was outstanding and showed maturity way beyond his years.
Both oppositions are fitter, stronger and supposingly more adept, particularly on their own turf.
The lads can take great solace that given their enhanced status there was no significant underlying difference.
Not wishing to downgrade anybody out there, but the absence of Casey in both games has been a factor.
My whole point of reference was if we were to get knocked out, then lets evaluate where we are and on that premise it has been an invaluable lesson for management, players and fans alike.
Continual strength as been incorporated into the mix and not getting carried away, I see this as a stepping stone in our continued evolution.
The lads should continue to feel very proud of their achievements, stay off the turkey and continue to work hard and enjoy it.
As for the Kit Kat conversation on the train - that was way to contentious!
Keep up the good work.

rwakeley

Re: Ebbsfleet Yesterday

By John (legacy user)30/11/2014 21:34Sun Nov 30 21:34:12 2014In response to Ebbsfleet YesterdayTop of thread

Views: 4464

I could see what Gary was trying to do with regards to his team selection. Everything about it pointed to playing on the counter-attack. For the first half, it worked well. Ebbsfleet created little, we had the best chance of the first 45 and they were getting frustrated.

I came away a little disappointed after the second half though, I thought that we could have taken the game to them a little more after going behind. But, upon reflection and putting things into perspective, they are a well drilled outfit who were the best side defensively I've seen this season by quite a distance. Not only that, their work rate off the ball was superb, never letting us settle in possession. That, for me, was the main difference between the sides.

Having slept on it, I think we did a decent job overall. Elliott Brathwaite was outstanding, Olly did his prospects no harm at all. I'm sure the players will have learned a lot from the experience, as will Gary and Freddie. That sort of standard is what we have to aspire to.

Previous thread: Pay What You Want - 27th December by Hendon FC30/11/2014 08:21Sun Nov 30 08:21:43 2014view thread