Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: End of Season Disaster. by Fulham red28/4 20:07Sun Apr 28 20:07:02 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 0 The Lane 4 by Earlsmead part-timer10/1 08:28Wed Jan 10 08:28:50 2024view thread

Boro 0 Hanwell 3

By Middx Wanderer6/1 17:58Sat Jan 6 17:58:25 2024

Views: 580

Spineless, Gutless, Tactically inept.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3

By harrowred (RedHarrow)6/1 18:31Sat Jan 6 18:31:35 2024In response to Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 568

Change needed

By Adezeroonie6/1 18:48Sat Jan 6 18:48:36 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 552

I am not sure what can be done. Players not good enough atm. No proper link up between midfield and attack. Seem to have cut out the silly passing out from the back but no fluency at all.

By Earlsmead part-timer6/1 19:29Sat Jan 6 19:29:58 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 540

Doesn't sound good.

Looks as though relegation is nailed on :(

By harrowred (RedHarrow)6/1 20:54Sat Jan 6 20:54:50 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 536

A new manager is probably the only thing that can happen. In the top levels it doesn’t change the team too much initially, but at our level it can sometimes mean a whole new team as players come and go far more easily.

You’d probably only keep 3/4 players out of the current squad if so.

We are far worse than last year. Adenola, Biler, Noel-Williams, Leonard, Moore would easily walk into this team.

By Bruno6/1 23:30Sat Jan 6 23:30:17 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 536

The team from last year got you relegated so can't talk about last year's team ,

By harrowred (RedHarrow)7/1 20:27Sun Jan 7 20:27:10 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 422

Exactly, they got us relegated and they were much better than this lot!!

By Bruno8/1 08:35Mon Jan 8 08:35:59 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 304

As you say they got us relegated with a bigger budget last year, the management team got the job at step 4 with a step 4 budget then the reprieve come ,was more money offered who knows not many of last years squad hung around so says it all

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/1 08:51Mon Jan 8 08:51:50 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 273

Absolutely, I’ve said it before, I feel sorry for Jordan. He came in and the job changed completely. Budget cut in half for step 4, never restored upon reprieve. Terribly hard for JB, who I did suggest was my preference for the job. But change is desperately needed whether tactical, player or management if we have any hope to stay up!

By cappers8/1 17:12Mon Jan 8 17:12:33 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 253

It's difficult to comment as I haven't been to any matches but I thought due to the circumstances JB pretty much had a free pass this season (within reason). We lost our whole squad, some of whom would have been well worth keeping. Jordan has built a side from scratch with a low budget (even if it's not as low as previously thought). He came in to the job thinking we'd be playing in step 4. I don't lay any blame with JB at all. I don't see how we stay up from here. It sounds like it would take something drastic to give us any chance such as a new manager and new players.

I haven't seen any of the current players play but when I look at their previous clubs and achievements, it doesn't fill me with much confidence. Harry Seabrook has played three times for Tring in step 5 this season. The results in those games were:

Tring 2-4 Biggleswade United (Biggleswade also had a player sent off)

Milton Keynes Irish 5-0 Tring

Tring 0-4 Real Bedford

I don't mean to pick on Harry, I've never even seen him play but just used him as an example.

Even if the players aren't up to the required standard, all you can ask is that they give 100% which didn't seem to be the case in the last game.

By Middx Wanderer8/1 22:47Mon Jan 8 22:47:58 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 225

I take your point Cappers & know you live outside of the UK now, so unable to see matches, but to be clear Harry is one of probably only 4 players that are performing to the level required .

In fact if Seabrook & Yorke were put in to last season's team we would of had a decent side, as we were crying out for a proper centre back.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/1 17:18Mon Jan 8 17:18:10 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 235

Good point of view. I think some fans think the players done care. I get that, but also would they really, they are all new and probably all have ambition to play higher and move on. Doubt we will see players like Moore, Bryan and Preddie rack up a serious amount of apps together again.

If JB was told he had a free pass, that would be fair, but it would also be nice to see some ambition and try to retain step 3 status. Once we go down, I can only see us floundering at step 4, not because of Jordan but a lack of ambition from the hierarchy

By Middx Wanderer8/1 22:33Mon Jan 8 22:33:48 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 230

I completely disagree.
The lack of ambition is from our dug-out. No shots on target in the last two & half matches is pathetic. Defending corners etc with all eleven players even when 2-0 down, is waving a white flag.

Why should anyone have free pass?

Any criticism of the 'hierarchy' when they personally fund so much of the club is out of order.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)9/1 21:26Tue Jan 9 21:26:42 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 196

It’s less about the funding and effort (all credit to them for everything they do in that regard) they put in and more about how they seemed to not mind being relegated last year. Even considering appealing the reprieve.

If they have ambition to remain at this level, then I think they need to be more pro-active in changing the manager this season if things continue as they are. I personally don’t see it turning around and I know the hierarchy are extremely faithful and loyal to managers, but past mistakes can’t happen again. In the last 20 seasons we’ve had 3 managers and finished in the top half of a league campaign like 3 times?

By TOWN COLOURS9/1 13:54Tue Jan 9 13:54:07 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Hanwell 3Top of thread

Views: 217

There was one strange moment in the second half to back up what you say Middx Wanderer. We had a free kick well into the Hanwell half taken by Seabrook. Nearly all the rest of our players were on the edge of the box awaiting a kick into the area. However instead of that Seabrook played it back towards our goal and deep into our half. Needless to say that was the end of any possible attack.
The players were supposed to be up for this game as well?

Previous thread: Budget by Middx Wanderer8/1 11:08Mon Jan 8 11:08:14 2024view thread