Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: So it's the Isthmian South Central then. by Earlsmead part-timerYesterday 21:48Yesterday at 21:48:49view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 0 Hanwell 3 by Middx Wanderer6/1 17:58Sat Jan 6 17:58:25 2024view thread

Budget

By Middx Wanderer8/1 11:08Mon Jan 8 11:08:14 2024

Views: 359

Whilst I do not claim to know the exact figures for our budget, or any other clubs budget.
When I was told how much was spent last season it surprised me, as it was about 25% more than I thought.

I have been very reliably informed that any reduction this season is not enormous as the main contributers are still doing so. So it's fair to say that this seasons budget is no smaller than I thought last season's was.

We all know in our division we will be at the lower end of budgets, but let's be quite clear it would be a very good a budget at step 4.

I think a decent step 4 side would compete in our division far better than we have this season.

So my opinion is that although the management are hampered by a small budget ( as every Boro manager has for the last 20 years), the club are not getting anything like value.
Supporters are not getting value for money at the turnstile, unless they enjoy watching negative football!

Since the fans Forum the rediculas goalkicks have been scrapped, unfortunately losing the ball deep inside our own half hasn't.
I still think we set to try to stay in a game rather win it, a change in attitude, similar to when Steve Baker arrived is needed.
Dave Anderson tried to win 1-0 most weeks & failed. Steve Baker was more likely to win 4-3. I know which version I enjoyed watching most

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Budget

By geemickey8/1 11:57Mon Jan 8 11:57:53 2024In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 309

..... Except those funding the budget this season will probably be less enthusiastic about continuing at the same level if relegation happens, so next season's budget may be a lot lower than this.

Relegation may not be a disaster if Borough get transferred to Isthmian South Central Divn. There would be several local or easy-to -get-to games there, so attendances would probably not be seriously affected, but a move to Southern Central Div 1 would, in my view, be a serious setback.

Surely, the best option is to avoid relegation, whether that means a change in management or players.
No doubt all concerned are doing their 'best' but if things continue as they have been that simply won't be good enough.

A couple of wins would change the picture and the mood. The manager recruited the players, he trains them, selects the team, decides tactics and needs to motivate them. Can he do it ? Time is running out.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/1 17:22Mon Jan 8 17:22:02 2024In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 280

Isthmian would be a must over Southern and as you say, with more local games, attendance might increase if anything, with travel budget seriously going down to save money. If Harrow are step 5 or step 2, I think attendances from the home fans, would stay the same and only inflate from a larger away crowd.

If that means that we have a very strong budget at step 4 (let’s hope we are still step 3), then Jordan would have no excuses next season.

By TOWN COLOURS9/1 14:03Tue Jan 9 14:03:23 2024In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 269

I doubt very much next season the budget will be as good as we currently have - if we get relegated. Food for thought.
Effort one way or another should be made to stay at this level. A shift over to the Isthmian Premier would help.

Previous thread: Chesham Away by red-v-neck1/1 21:07Mon Jan 1 21:07:31 2024view thread