Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: So it's the Isthmian South Central then. by harrowredYesterday 20:33Yesterday at 20:33:29view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: So it's the Isthmian South Central then. by Earlsmead part-timer17/5 21:48Fri May 17 21:48:49 2024view thread

Berry Sacked

By harrowred (RedHarrow)10/5 10:07Fri May 10 10:07:20 2024

Views: 343

FulhamRed and Middx Wanderer will probably be pleased to see that Jordan Berry has been sacked and immediately he returned to Egham, which probably says a lot about his planning behind the scenes anyway!

Who the new manager will be is anyone’s guess. Marc Charles-Smith and Micheal Bryan both applied and interviewed last year apparently so I wonder if they will be on the clubs radar. Though not getting the job last year may have burnt some bridges. Who knows? Gary Meakin applied last year too but I suspect he will be taking 6 points from us this next season with Rayners Lane getting promoted.

I had suggested Luke Tuffs last offseason but he just finished 17th with Ashford Town.

Maybe someone like Barry Chapman who lost to Rayners Lane in the playoff final might be an idea. Knaphill lost the other playoff final at that level and straight after joint managers Jamie Daltrey and John Cook resigned. Don’t know much about them but clearly had a good season.

Alan Dowson was let go by Hemel but I think Step 4 would be a huge drop for him. Would Albert Adomah take a player management role? Probably not yet. Jason Shaw was at Harefield and has Boro connections.

Anyone else got any names?

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Berry Sacked

By harrowred (RedHarrow)10/5 10:51Fri May 10 10:51:26 2024In response to Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 302

A couple of other names could be Danny after/Andre Scarlett who are in charge of the u23s/18s.

I’ve always liked Emil Kot but he seems to have a youth coaching role at AFC Wimbledon now. Not sure if he would move back into Step 4 management.

By Middx Wanderer10/5 15:07Fri May 10 15:07:31 2024In response to Re: Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 339

I don't have any names to through in the mix, but it has to be someone who will engage with people right across the club.
The main failing of the management team leaving is they didn't get to know anyone at the club.

By The Majors Hat11/5 20:56Sat May 11 20:56:36 2024In response to Re: Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 316

The fact that there were no end of season awards, goes to show the divide between the small but loyal fan base and this seasons squad.
Whoever comes in next doesn't have to be an ex Harrow player, but they need to buy into the ethos of the club.
I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in the job.
Timing is on our side with the league allocations being published next week.
A switch back to the Isthmian will make it a lot easier to attract players due to the reduced travelling time.
Expect the unexpected from the FA.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Earlsmead part-timer14/5 15:49Tue May 14 15:49:30 2024In response to Re: Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 220

Agree it's to be someone who "gets" the club and small but loyal fan base and volunteers.

I think MCS could fit the bill nicely.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)16/5 07:13Thu May 16 07:13:19 2024In response to Re: Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 191

Agreed I would like MCS, though it would be his first manager role. Interesting the club statement said experienced managers/coaches with ambition to get back to step 3. Presume that means an experienced coach who hasn’t managed before too. I’d be very happy with Emil Kot if available.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)Yesterday 20:26Yesterday at 20:26:48In response to Re: Berry SackedTop of thread

Views: 43

Luke Tuffs has agreed to stay at Ashford Town.

Previous thread: Berry Sacked by Fulham red11/5 13:43Sat May 11 13:43:52 2024view thread