As with most things in life there are good & bad examples .
Good examples are someone with money but that investment is used wisely . Money put in is not one day expected back , money is spent on improving infrastructure & developing ways of the club being sustainable once he is not around . Money man sticks around for the long run , including when things don't go his way .
Then there's the other . Money poured into the team by someone who either does not have the funds to keep going long term , doesn't really care about the club and throws his toys out the pram first time things go against him .
People often use FGR as the ultimate example of unsustainability at this level but how long have they been funded now 40 years at least and still going strong . Lots of money has been poured into the infrastructure not just the team and he has stuck with it for years when despite his money they continually missed out on promotion , they even got relegated one season but got repreved .
I'm sure the likes of Cheltenham & Burton haven't got where they are just by good management . Money has gone into both but been used wisely / well ./ sensibly .
Of course there are plenty of bad examples as well .
Someone putting money into a club is not a bad thing if it's done correctly by a stable individual .
Edited by almost average 2 at 15:49:41 on 17th May 2018
Next article in this thread: Re: Barrow by stone ragma17/5 09:34Thu May 17 09:34:17 2018
- Barrow by VS Boro16/5 21:00Wed May 16 21:00:54 2018view thread
- Re: Barrow by joetowny17/5 08:24Thu May 17 08:24:20 2018
- Re: Barrow by VS Boro17/5 09:16Thu May 17 09:16:37 2018
- Re: Barrow by joetowny17/5 09:25Thu May 17 09:25:52 2018
- Re: Barrow by VS Boro17/5 10:08Thu May 17 10:08:52 2018
- Re: Barrow by joetowny17/5 10:56Thu May 17 10:56:43 2018 1 person
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 12:02Thu May 17 12:02:44 2018
- Re: Barrow by joetowny17/5 14:46Thu May 17 14:46:49 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 15:24Thu May 17 15:24:29 2018
- Re: Barrow by joetowny17/5 21:56Thu May 17 21:56:30 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter18/5 08:37Fri May 18 08:37:13 2018
- Re: Barrow by VS Boro18/5 11:37Fri May 18 11:37:53 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter18/5 18:16Fri May 18 18:16:39 2018
- Re: Barrow by boropod18/5 19:01Fri May 18 19:01:13 2018
- Re: Barrow by Hullablue18/5 19:22Fri May 18 19:22:30 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter19/5 07:47Sat May 19 07:47:05 2018
- Re: Barrow by Vernon Slain18/5 09:20Fri May 18 09:20:38 2018
- Re: Barrow by Brucey17/5 16:36Thu May 17 16:36:24 2018 1 person
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 16:44Thu May 17 16:44:27 2018
- Re: Barrow by Hullablue17/5 17:09Thu May 17 17:09:52 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 17:20Thu May 17 17:20:24 2018
- Re: Barrow by boropod17/5 17:42Thu May 17 17:42:07 2018
- Re: Barrow by Larry17/5 18:12Thu May 17 18:12:19 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 18:23Thu May 17 18:23:47 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 17:58Thu May 17 17:58:07 2018
- Re: Barrow by VS Boro17/5 12:56Thu May 17 12:56:53 2018
- Re: Barrow by Hullablue17/5 12:24Thu May 17 12:24:18 2018
- Re: Barrow by ,shifter17/5 12:30Thu May 17 12:30:45 2018
- Re: Barrow by Hullablue17/5 12:38Thu May 17 12:38:30 2018
- Re: Barrow by stone ragma17/5 11:24Thu May 17 11:24:57 2018
- Re: Barrow by almost average 217/5 15:12Thu May 17 15:12:54 2018 1 person
- Re: Barrow by stone ragma17/5 09:34Thu May 17 09:34:17 2018
- Salford by almost average 217/5 19:45Thu May 17 19:45:28 2018