Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Co-Op AGM notice - Weds 22nd May, 7… by mark-nbfcYesterday 16:58Yesterday at 16:58:05view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ex players by VS Dysfunctional18/2 09:30Sun Feb 18 09:30:31 2024view thread

Re: Hinckley Leicester Road

By HinckleyOldBoy16/2 22:57Fri Feb 16 22:57:42 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester Road

Views: 773

Point 1: Yes it appears Ku pulls the strings at Hinckley Leicester Road and he seems very committed to the cause always chatting and mingling with the fans.
Point 2: I was a Hinckley Athletic shareholder and signed up with Hinckley AFC after Hinckley United folded. Hinckley AFC were so democratic they needed to have meeting to decide when they were going to have a meeting. Also many of those popular vocal supporters then were voted onto the board and unfortunately they couldn't manage themselves in the bathroom, never mind add value to a supporters run club that had the benefit of being setup by the Supporters Trust and quickly gaining 300+ members.
There was so much bickering and falling out at AFC that it became embarrassing. Practically all of the initial board have walked away. Gary Hancox a die-hard local football man who was one of the AFC founders hasn't been near the place for years, I was told the other day. He jumped ship from Leicester Road to the AFC and I am sure he must now think it was the worst decision he ever made.
I never thought I would turn to Leicester Road for my football fix and when I did I was pleasantly surprised. I believed all the Hinckley AFC negative publicity, hype and mis-information about Leicester Road and was very nervous going into the stadium on my first visit back. Once again I was pleasantly surprised how friendly the supporters, staff and players were. They all seemed together and in it for the cause. Obviously I was still sceptical on my next few visits back but nothing changed, the same friendly environment and people. The Hinckley AFC mob, are like a bunch of school kids and whilst I will never forget the good times a Middlefield Lane, they will never become the Atho again.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Hinckley Leicester Road by s. tone ragma717/2 13:22Sat Feb 17 13:22:45 2024

Previous thread: Retire Nuneaton Borough by Vernon228/1 14:35Sun Jan 28 14:35:46 2024view thread