Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Co-Op AGM notice - Weds 22nd May, 7… by mark-nbfcYesterday 16:58Yesterday at 16:58:05view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: February 200 Club Draw by Anonymous29/2 16:58Thu Feb 29 16:58:27 2024view thread

re: Not nice

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))26/2 09:21Mon Feb 26 09:21:01 2024In response to Re: Beduff, Beggars and Choosers

Views: 1119

Thing is, because of what has happened already (through no fault of loyal Boro' fans) , there is no nice way out of what has happened and the situation we find ourselves in.. If what most people want is a (second) football club playing back in Nuneaton one day, then as other so called Phoenix clubs have discovered, there is no easy way back.

The patient is near death and on life support barely breathing. There is lots of medicine and painful rehab to come before they are even back on their feet again ,let alone walking. ( God, I'm sounding like You-Know-Who now. Sorry).

I will set aside the thing about Beduff which I personally find a little artificial. Family backgrounds differ. Mine have lived in all these local towns at one time or another, searching for work and accommodation so it is difficult for me to form a solid dislike for a place which has offered shelter and work to some of them. This does not apply to Tamworth for whom I have a great deal of personal dislike.

You are dead right about it not being for all. But neither would any option. The Oval is on three or more bus routes out of Nuneaton, just a few miles away. It has a rail link and the parking is ok . It has food outlets nearby. HLR, Leamington and most other options have none of these. Barwell has the 158 and 48 bus link.

Again speaking personally (though as a Life Member of the Co-Op ,an ex season ticket holder and previously a founder member of NBST) , I seriously doubt that any "senior" club other than The Griff will play in Nuneaton during my lifetime. Not being morbid or anything-just facing facts as they appear to be this morning. However "we" have to start somewhere. Or give up.

As for disability I don't have 100% mobility myself. I found the approach to Liberty Way perilous especially in darkness and the steel steps in the stands potentially fatal when wet. Recalling the Oval as I remember it when watching the Boro' there, there are some steep grass slopes but there is a level entrance from the Main Road. Not quite sure what the other objections are access wise as I do not bother with Boro Chat any more. UTB

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: re: Not nice by Spurs and Verde 26/2 10:10Mon Feb 26 10:10:10 2024

Previous thread: Truro - home game 195 miles away by MJNB29/2 20:02Thu Feb 29 20:02:06 2024view thread