ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: When will we know if we have any players left? by HullablueToday 22:37Today at 22:37:33view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Town v Boro by stone ragma17/5 10:21Thu May 17 10:21:02 2018view thread

Ex Salford two

By stone ragma15/5 20:02Tue May 15 20:02:32 2018

Views: 590

Been appointed joint Managers of Chester

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Ex Salford two

By Lord of the Manor15/5 20:50Tue May 15 20:50:22 2018In response to Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 477

Expect them to raid Salford.... as I think Salford will look bigger now

By VS Boro15/5 20:54Tue May 15 20:54:35 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 476

Chester have no money

Can’t see them doing much there

By boro4416/5 15:35Wed May 16 15:35:34 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 267

How do you know that.

By VS Boro16/5 15:39Wed May 16 15:39:52 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 267

Many reports in the media and club statements.
(These seemed to have progressed/changed since I went on holiday)

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 08:06Wed May 16 08:06:02 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 390

if Chester are as strapped as it looks from the outside then it will be a complete reversal for them in terms of player signings
we will see how good they actually are on a more of a level playing field
though if im honest cant imagine Chester not being competitive at this level

By stone ragma16/5 08:30Wed May 16 08:30:22 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 373

They are receiving investment

By ,shifter (Shifter)16/5 08:39Wed May 16 08:39:54 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 368

I wish Boro were receiving investment ,we hear about othe clubs getting investment but never Boro.
Still it seems Chester have publicised investment ,Boro fans don’t even know if we will start the season with a squad and manager.

Soon be time for preseason training,time is getting shorter by the day for Boro fans.still no news is good news unless you are a Boro fan,then it could well be no news is bad news.

FAO Boro admin

By VS Boro16/5 08:58Wed May 16 08:58:34 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 433

Hint hint............

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/feb/23/fa-competitions-online-applications-2018-19-season

Re: FAO Boro admin

By nil desperandum16/5 10:24Wed May 16 10:24:08 2018In response to FAO Boro adminTop of thread

Views: 365

Perhaps our dream of a Wembley appearance will soon be realised - in the FA Vase.

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)16/5 08:37Wed May 16 08:37:07 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 365

A local businessman has just got on board with Chester, and he has an awful lot of cash.

I think they will be right up there now.

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By VS Boro16/5 08:57Wed May 16 08:57:46 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 348

Been mentioned before, but a bloody strong league (on paper) with 5 clubs who have not long ago been in the FL (I don't include Boston).
Bold - recent FL (yes I know, some were different re-incarnations)
Underline - Recent Conference.

Also, many of those without that criteria seem to have money backers.

My fear is Boro' may be the new North Ferriby.

*AFC Telford United
*Alfreton Town
*Altrincham
*Ashton united
*Blyth Spartans
*Boston United
*Bradford Park Avenue
*Brackley
*Chester
*Chorley
*Curzon Ashton
*Darlington
*FC United of Manchester
*Guiseley
*Kidderminster Harriers
*Hereford
*Leamington
*Nuneaton Town
*Southport
*Spennymoor Town
*Stockport County
*York City

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 09:40Wed May 16 09:40:44 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 336

why not the new NF
we have been tipped to be bottom or bottom three for the last three seasons...before a ball has been kicked
we have had a money backer
the problem being not a big enough one
if we can continue to compete in this league whilst paying our way i will be happy ........even if as i suspect im on my own on this one
i will wait and see what transpires first
BTW the doom and gloom surrounding this club is nothing new its been on going since i was a kid with brief interludes
people talk about the good old days and yes there were some but many forget the shit seasons and we have had plenty since the days of Watford ( FA cup )
i read with some mirth the thread on all the great ex players some of you must have been living in a different football world to me whilst a few were excellent, some good, some mentioned were in truth ordinary to say the least.
but each to their own so not to upset the forum taskmasters its all about ones own opinions and they are mine

ps if you want the most underrated player to ever wear the shirt then look no further than Tommy Crawley
the best ever player ive seen never to play league football > IMO.
should have been at this club years before his twilight career spent with us

Edited by Joe at 09:42:18 on 16th May 2018

By VS Boro16/5 10:25Wed May 16 10:25:58 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 308

I am concerned. Whilst I fully understand no-news on sale, there are other things. Understandably no one knows LT intentions other than LT.
I have heard that 31-May is some sort of deadline, but for what?

The retained list not announced - This has to be reported to FA otherwise an Andy Brown/Louis Moult situation.
Pre-season friendlies
International tournament !!!!!!!!!!! :)
Season tickets
Entry prices.

My fear is LT will run the club on a shoe-string, hence my NF fear.

By stone ragma16/5 10:40Wed May 16 10:40:34 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 307

Have a feeling 31st May is when player contracts end, for those on one yr deals or those whose contracts have run out I mean

Edited by stone ragma at 10:41:39 on 16th May 2018

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 10:34Wed May 16 10:34:10 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 305

to quote lets wait and see.
ive seen this club end up like a pile of shit many times before
so nothing new to me
if we cant compete, we cant. end of story
but until we know everything is speculative.

By almost average 216/5 10:03Wed May 16 10:03:27 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 327

The problem is in the past the doom & gloom has come either from peoples natural pessimism or fans expecting too much and not getting it . Now the situation is different . There are massive problems staring us right in the face and it's impossible not to see them .

By VS Boro16/5 10:35Wed May 16 10:35:15 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

When Boro liquidated things seem to change from "possible play offs" to "demotion" in a very short space of time.
Previously the demise was a slow painful death.

This is a bit of a mixture of the two.
It seems the only person who may liquidate the club is LT.

Any case of "doom and gloom" is justified due to history.

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 10:29Wed May 16 10:29:32 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 329

of course there is a BIG problem
im not for one minute trying to dodge the issue
im not contrary to opinion stupid
what im saying is lets see where we go
how you wish to perceive the future is your prerogative
what i do find ironic is that after all the anti Thorn debate on here in the last three years when he has been told to just fuck off in some instances now he has decided to depart its panic stations all round
as i have said before sometimes be careful of what you wish for.
the pessimists and gloom mongers have been proven wrong for the last three years THAT IS A FACT
the problem people like me have is i can only afford to be wrong ONCE !!!
going through life worrying about what might and might not happen is a recipe for a depressing future.
have a good day

Edited by Joe at 12:52:18 on 16th May 2018

2 people like this 2 people

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 14:08Wed May 16 14:08:41 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 277

"as i have said before sometimes be careful of what you wish for"

Following up on that point, Joe, I am wondering what happened to all those who wanted Thorn to "give us our club back". Well, now's their chance. He is offering them the club, and as far as I can tell they are not dipping their hands in their pockets to take it. Maybe they should have thought through what would happen if he DID decide to offer them their club.

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 216/5 16:56Wed May 16 16:56:32 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 225

Fans starting to blame the fans for what clearly isn't their fault . Divide & conquer .

By Bo Montrode16/5 14:28Wed May 16 14:28:24 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 271

"I am wondering what happened to all those who wanted Thorn to "give us our club back""

If they had a banner saying "sell us our club back" you have a point.

By mark-nbfc16/5 15:19Wed May 16 15:19:37 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 246

The people with the banner looked like kids, probably not even teenagers.

---
"Have to say I don't have the enthusiasm now".

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:22Wed May 16 15:22:33 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 248

So not really worth Greg passing comment on?

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 15:35Wed May 16 15:35:30 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 238

Bo - did I mention kids with a banner? You are creating your own little fantasy so that you can shoot it down.

It has been a recurring theme on this forum and on a number of facebook pages for quite a while. Yours is a new name on here - maybe you should catch up a bit with historical posts (and posters) before you start throwing the crap around ;)

By VS Boro16/5 15:47Wed May 16 15:47:39 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

How dare a new contributor starts to throw crap, when most of us have been doing so for years ;)

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 15:52Wed May 16 15:52:40 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 244

We have spent years mixing our own particular brand of crap, then some interloper thinks he can just pop up and throw any old crap without carefully brewing it? It's just bad form!

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:55Wed May 16 15:55:48 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 252

"Yours is a new name on here - maybe you should catch up a bit with historical posts (and posters) before you start throwing the crap around ;)"

Names can change Greg.

I have looked at this Forum for many, many years.

I remember the days of 'Lurker', 'Armchair', 'Tugboat'. 'Podge Everard'

Indeed the days of 30+ regular posters.

Now it's down to around a dozen. Mostly because of statements similar to that you have made above.

We are all Boro fans. No need for ridicule because the name is new.

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 16:05Wed May 16 16:05:30 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 257

"Mostly because of statements similar to that you have made above"

Which one are we talking about here, Bo? The humorous reply (which you may have taken seriously) to VS's humorous comment? Or the original query which was a variation on Joe's "be careful what you wish for" which you misunderstood to be a swipe at some kids with a banner when that wasn't the focus at all?

By Bo Montrode16/5 18:47Wed May 16 18:47:36 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 205

"Which one are we talking about here, Bo?"

The one in the post!

"Yours is a new name on here - maybe you should catch up a bit with historical posts (and posters) before you start throwing the crap around ;)"

Call me an interloper if you like. I remember the pre Shifter days.

The likes of 'Weatherman', 'Auntie Whitestone' and 'Abudhabiblue'

I'm not a newbie and we have crossed swords before.

After 20 years of your 'If you think you can do any better, buy it with your own cash' Starts to sound like a broken record.

And there is only one comedian on this forum - that's Shifter.

Makes me chuckle on a regular basis - about twice a year!

1 person likes this 1 person

By ,shifter (Shifter)17/5 10:10Thu May 17 10:10:31 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 159

Thanks for the compliment.
Too chuckle about twice a year is better than nothing.
Jack Dee ,Michael McIntyre and Alan Carr have not given me one chuckle between them period,and they get paid

Still everyone to their own I suppose
😊😊

By Greg (NBFC)17/5 09:35Thu May 17 09:35:26 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 164

"After 20 years of your 'If you think you can do any better, buy it with your own cash' Starts to sound like a broken record."

Good lord - have I been posting on here for 20 years? Doesn't time fly???

That gets to the bottom of it. Have you really been lurking around all this time, allowing things I say to fester and waiting to get in a little barb in retaliation? How sad.

Edited by Greg (NBFC) at 09:38:23 on 17th May 2018

By Hullablue16/5 16:37Wed May 16 16:37:09 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 234

At least I am not being specifically blamed :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By animal16/5 17:14Wed May 16 17:14:28 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 221

OK, just to stop you sulking.You are to blame!

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. George Bernard Shaw

By ,shifter (Shifter)16/5 15:55Wed May 16 15:55:11 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 236

Could be someone in disguise,
Best to check the presentation,not difficult, have had mine checked on numerous occasions.
:)

By Hullablue16/5 15:27Wed May 16 15:27:52 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 243

They are not the only ones though.
Lots of adults have shared that sentiment on social media and at matches.

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)16/5 15:31Wed May 16 15:31:25 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 234

I would be one.

I never liked him, trusted him or thought he was good for the club.

I don't buy into the feeling that we can't want someone out of the club just because we don't know the alternate option.

Boro Exile

By Hullablue16/5 15:33Wed May 16 15:33:32 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 233

Ah, the Brexit plan :-)

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)16/5 15:52Wed May 16 15:52:13 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 217

Urgh..in that case Thorn in!

Boro Exile

By VS Boro16/5 15:46Wed May 16 15:46:00 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 220

But that sort of plan is becoming popular...........

Ref USA and Iran :)

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 14:45Wed May 16 14:45:22 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

If they expected the club to be given to them free of charge, they are not fit to be trusted with it anyway. I could say "give me NatWest bank" but it's not realistic to expect the current owners ever would - so I'm not stupid enough to ask. I suppose that leads to another question: were the people saying "give us our club back" stupid enough to think they would be given it free of charge? Or were they just posturing and hiding behind a slogan without thinking things through?

By Bo Montrode16/5 14:53Wed May 16 14:53:10 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 230

To find out the intentions of the people with the banner - you need to speak to them.

I do not know their intentions.

Due to the wording of the banner, I do not think that they wanted to buy the club of Lee Thorne.

Even if they did - nothing would have happened in this short a timescale.

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 14:56Wed May 16 14:56:18 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 235

I'm just being a little mischievous :)

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:05Wed May 16 15:05:45 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 236

How about this for mischief.

a. Lee Thorn is a businessman.

b. LT is in business to make money.

c. Because LT is still in business, he is successful at b.

d. Since his involvement with NTFC, LT has not lost any money.

e. If LT can realise half a million pounds by selling his assets - LT is half a million pounds in profit.

As someone who is business savvy themselves Greg, does e above seem likely?

By VS Boro16/5 15:34Wed May 16 15:34:38 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

a) So are many others; many fail; most at some point.
b) Does not mean he does so.
c) Not at all; as long as he has a satisfactory income.
d) Evidence - We can see NTFC owe him a lot of money, and that has increased season on season.
e) If he can realise.............. IF
e') Profit? Profit is income MINUS expenditure. £500,000 will not cover what he has put in.

By Hullablue16/5 15:10Wed May 16 15:10:56 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 223

C is a flawed equation. I have had lots of relationships. Only one has lasted until now. Many more failed than succeeded. It doesn't make me good at relationships.

D, he has spent about 500k on the club. Only way to make a 500k profit is to sell for 1m. That will not happen.

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:18Wed May 16 15:18:06 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 232

He may well have spent 500k.

Is it unreasonable that a successful businessman may have realised some return on that outlay?

Somewhere between 1 pound and half a million pounds - but nearer the later?

By stone ragma16/5 16:43Wed May 16 16:43:53 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 208

Don’t invest in a non league club if you want your money back

By Hullablue16/5 15:30Wed May 16 15:30:00 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 222

Have a look at companies house and how much was owed to LT last year.
Add to that the amount he spent on the ground which he has reputedly not charged Borough to rent.
He is about 500k down.

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:34Wed May 16 15:34:50 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 219

Does LT use LW as a base for his business?

If that is the case and it saves him 10k a week by not having to use other premises.

That's 500k a year.

(Numbers for illustration only)

By Hullablue16/5 15:45Wed May 16 15:45:03 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

It could also cost him 50p a week more than elsewhere, leading to a loss of 250 quid.
Figures for illustration purposes only.

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 15:52Wed May 16 15:52:24 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

there are moments on here when it does get amusing your post is one of them

i stopped smoking over forty years ago, god knows how much ive saved ...but im still not a millionaire

By VS Boro16/5 15:37Wed May 16 15:37:57 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

"Saves" is the key word.
It means less outgoings. Perhaps helps make the business viable, and gives him an income.

Also, with that example, Boro Leisure also saves him £x,000/week BUT Boro Stadium does not get £x,000/week income.
What links the two companies?

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 15:08Wed May 16 15:08:17 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 239

I don't know where that came from. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with Lee Thorn, his success or what he can make by selling the club. It seems that you may have invented an argument simply to trash it. Let's get Hulla in here - isn't this one of your famous straw man situations?

;)

By ,shifter (Shifter)16/5 15:11Wed May 16 15:11:13 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 227

No
Please don’t get Hulla in,things are bad enough at the club as it is.

By Hullablue16/5 14:32Wed May 16 14:32:27 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 254

You may have a point if we keep we the asking price of the club.

For all we know he may be willing to give the club away, sell the ground and take the academy on himself.

In that case, the original point stands.

By VS Boro16/5 15:16Wed May 16 15:16:24 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 218

For all we know he may be willing to give the club away, sell the ground and take the academy on himself.

and that was very similar to what I was told a few months ago. A comment/rumour that (at the time) I totally dismissed as it seemed to be a knife to stab LT with and with no foundation.

By Bo Montrode16/5 14:37Wed May 16 14:37:33 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

"You may have a point if we keep we the asking price of the club."

Hulla, can you clarify this sentance?

By Hullablue16/5 14:44Wed May 16 14:44:33 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 231

Of course, a mix of predictive text and distraction.

Should be "know" or"knew" not "keep we".

Sorry.

By VS Boro16/5 14:12Wed May 16 14:12:25 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 249

With this "we want {insert club}{insert country}{insert whatever} back" I often wonder who took it from who and when.

You may have missed it, but there was a thread on here (started by me I think) saying how well LT had done given (for whatever reason) he was a one-man-band. Easy to spot the mistakes after the event.

confession
I was one who bemoaned about the running of the club under Noel Kelly. Looking back there is little doubt he had his heart in the right place (but perhaps not brain).

Edited by VS Boro at 14:15:35 on 16th May 2018

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 14:58Wed May 16 14:58:03 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 227

i know an ex employee of the club under Kelly who wont have a bad word said about him
but like all one man shows eventually the well runs dry or a SHOOTER arrives in town and helps to fuck the club up
far far better to have a bunch of local businessmen in charge who know how to deliver a sensible run club who own their own ground on an even keel and we all ride off happily into the sunset ... er...what ! ...oh
well maybe not............. in all instances :-)
one thing about football clubs businessmen run them like they would never dream of running their own business.

By stone ragma16/5 15:15Wed May 16 15:15:07 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Isn’t that what LT has done, produce a product then sell it,

By VS Boro16/5 15:19Wed May 16 15:19:13 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

"Isn’t that what LT has done, produce a product then sell it,"

Spot on...............except
a) The product existed before LT
b) He did not produce the product
c) He has not sold the product.

By stone ragma16/5 15:56Wed May 16 15:56:36 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Ok the club then run by LT

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:21Wed May 16 15:21:27 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

He has evolved the product into something that the Co-op are interested in paying money for.

By Hullablue16/5 15:31Wed May 16 15:31:18 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 214

The coop would have been willing to pay money for the club before LT.
And possibly even more.

By VS Boro16/5 15:22Wed May 16 15:22:27 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Whilst I may not agree, I would hope the co-op have always been interested in buying the product.

By Bo Montrode16/5 15:26Wed May 16 15:26:03 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Don't really see what the relevance of the past intentions of the Co-op have to do with anything. They are certainly interested in parting with money now.

By VS Boro16/5 15:42Wed May 16 15:42:48 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 215

It has everything to do with it.

You used the current tense "are", whilst referencing the past "has"

"has evolved the product into something that the Co-op are interested in paying money for."

If anything I see the coop being (far more) interested in now due to the perceived state of the club and not because LT has developed it (took over when National Club; now mid-table (at best) North club)

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 15:39Wed May 16 15:39:34 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 216

"Don't really see what the relevance of the past intentions of the Co-op have to do with anything"

It is relevant because someone higher up in this thread made the claim that LT had evolved the club into something the Co-op would pay for. That is inaccurate, because the Co-op was interested in buying it regardless of what LT did. Who made that claim? Well, that would be ... you ;)

By Hullablue16/5 15:32Wed May 16 15:32:50 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 211

I am not sure they will want to pay anything goes for the club itself btw.
The ground, yes, the academy, maybe, but the club? Not sure.

By ,shifter (Shifter)16/5 09:53Wed May 16 09:53:22 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 310

Out of the players Greg and me mentioned,which players would you consider “ordinary “?
Just a question out of interest ,not knocking your opinion just inquisitive.

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 10:17Wed May 16 10:17:54 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 298

two for starters AR Jones and Johnny Watts
Jones never got to grips with his time with us a big all round disappointment
Watts was brought in by Badham he had two (one and a half to be precise ) piss poor seasons was in a team that was in the bottom half of the league many wanted rid of him along with several others
DK resurrected his career for a season when he was surrounded by some good signings 66/7
dont forget JW was an old man football wise when he joined from Birmingham 35ish at a guess
as for others i will have to go back and read the skipgate long thread
remember one thing are you judging players by ability or the level they performed at
any mention of Straw or Crowley in the thread?

btw have won a pint texted my mate and bet him a pint that when i logged back in the first reply would be from you
can read you like a book :-)

By ,shifter (Shifter)16/5 10:58Wed May 16 10:58:18 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 271

You should be pleased the first response is always from me.
Why shouldn't it be? Flattered you should choose me
Recon i am worth that pint don't you?

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 10:58Wed May 16 10:58:59 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 272

only just :-)

By VS Boro16/5 10:41Wed May 16 10:41:09 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 280

Jones never got to grips with his time with us a big all round disappointment
I believe (Alan) Jones holds the record for most appearances (600+) before moving on to AP.
Praise to manager(s) giving him so much time to adapt :) :) :)

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 10:56Wed May 16 10:56:03 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 281

er think you are getting a tad mixed up VS
A R Jones was the ex Aston Villa winger
Alan Jones i believe is the player you refer to..... was a right back
oh and sometimes a LB but never a winger

Edited by Joe at 11:03:54 on 16th May 2018

By VS Boro16/5 11:14Wed May 16 11:14:57 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 261

I suspected one/both of use we getting mixed up (nothing new there)

Re: Jones v Jones

By joetowny (Joe)16/5 11:36Wed May 16 11:36:17 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 260

for your information
AR Jones which im pretty certain Mr S was the player in question played for villa at Fulham only a few weeks prior to his move to MP.
at Easter time he centered the ball twice for two headed villa goals, made only a couple of first team appearances. played maybe 50 games central league think he was around 21 years old
he played for some time in the same side as Ken Satchwell remember them playing a big part in a 2-1 win at Kettering

as for Alan Jones he had more chance of playing for Stockingford Villa (relax you lot that was a joke ) excellent club man if of somewhat limited ability but he had his moments i do remember he played under Pleat, a sort of beefed up Rob Oddy for you young-uns :-)
see vs it pays to know your onions before extracting the Michael ........now ask me about yesterday :-)

Edited by Joe at 11:37:49 on 16th May 2018

By Greg (NBFC)16/5 11:31Wed May 16 11:31:55 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 253

Indeed. Alan Jones who set the appearance record came up through the Boro ranks, and was a full back. Allan R Jones was a winger, from Villa as mentioned earlier.

By bert's dad16/5 09:10Wed May 16 09:10:13 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 310

Think our mini league will be Boro
Telford
Ashton
Curzon
Leamington
Guiseley
FCUM
Boston
Alfreton
Southport

Edited by bert's dad at 09:11:20 on 16th May 2018

By almost average 216/5 09:21Wed May 16 09:21:37 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 312

I'm less optimistic . I expect our mini league to be Us .

By VS Boro16/5 10:36Wed May 16 10:36:16 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 273

and I bet we lose that one :)

By bert's dad16/5 10:10Wed May 16 10:10:11 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 285

I didn’t say where we would finish in it

By almost average 216/5 10:20Wed May 16 10:20:49 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 287

I really hope come the end of the season i can come on here and say i was wrong , but nothing at the minuet is giving me any reason to be optimistic .

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)16/5 09:06Wed May 16 09:06:55 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

yes, I definitely envisage a NFU type season if we don't get the ownership issue sorted quickly.

Boro Exile

By almost average 216/5 09:19Wed May 16 09:19:58 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 303

A NFU type season is better than i'm currently expecting . I'm fully expecting next season to be horrible .

By stone ragma16/5 09:14Wed May 16 09:14:52 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 302

Even if buyers do come forward likely to be a long way behind other clubs in preparation for new season

By stone ragma15/5 21:09Tue May 15 21:09:57 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 393

Chester are being taken over they will have money

By VS Boro15/5 21:18Tue May 15 21:18:46 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 385

Weren’t Boro taken over about 4 years ago? And the stated aim FL in five seasons

By Hullablue15/5 21:23Tue May 15 21:23:15 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 390

Chester are not being taken over. A local businessman has said he will make a donation and maybe help out on the board, but they will still be fan owned.

By Hullablue15/5 21:16Tue May 15 21:16:28 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 392

No they are not.

By mark-nbfc15/5 21:29Tue May 15 21:29:46 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 372

This is correct. They have an investor who wants to keep them community/fan owned

---

By mark-nbfc15/5 21:00Tue May 15 21:00:16 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 418

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/chester-fc-fans-jury-stuart-14656191

---

By VS Boro15/5 21:17Tue May 15 21:17:19 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 352

No text

Edited by VS Boro at 21:17:52 on 15th May 2018

By Hullablue15/5 21:16Tue May 15 21:16:16 2018In response to Re: Ex Salford twoTop of thread

Views: 387

I love the almost blind optimism of fans, and the knee jerk reaction of "we have money, spend it on players".

Previous thread: 70's Stalwart. by Bo Montrode16/5 19:07Wed May 16 19:07:49 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Town AFC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Town AFC. Nuneaton Town AFC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.