ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Smurf gets EFL approval by VS ValeYesterday 23:48Yesterday at 23:48:43view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tonight’s open meeting by Brucey30/5 07:51Wed May 30 07:51:37 2018view thread

When will we know if we have any players left?

By bert's dad25/5 20:42Fri May 25 20:42:22 2018

Views: 1249

Am I correct in thinking contracts expire on May 31st? Think that might leave us with Green and Chambers.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: When will we know if we have any players left?

By Hullablue25/5 20:49Fri May 25 20:49:56 2018In response to When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 1065

And Nti and Wright and maybe even Daniels and some others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By VS Nobody (VS Boro)25/5 20:44Fri May 25 20:44:59 2018In response to When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 1054

Have a look at this....

It explains the rules about when players contracts expire.

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/290655

So, even if we dont know, the club, manager and players should.

(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last competitive Match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, the Club must give notice in writing to the Player indicating that either the Club offers a re-engagement or, if appropriate, exercises any option contained in the agreement.

Edited by VS Boro at 20:45:49 on 25th May 2018

By bert's dad25/5 21:24Fri May 25 21:24:34 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 1004

Thanks. At least there is no news of anyone signing for other clubs with the exception of Wildin

By Moley8526/5 11:13Sat May 26 11:13:51 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 809

We need to sell chambers and green imo.

40k for Chambers and 20k for Green could provide us with 12 weeks budget.

Shame but the reality of our predicament I think.

By stone ragma26/5 22:01Sat May 26 22:01:54 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 724

Won’t get that for Chambers

By Hullablue26/5 22:07Sat May 26 22:07:56 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 732

Not if our fans keep spreading doom and gloom and demand the club comments on a worse case scenario.
The vultures will circle offering fuck all.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 09:10Sun May 27 09:10:33 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 693

oh come on.
the valuation of a player will be devalued because of anonymous comments made on social media?

In which case, ..........all the news indicates the club is ready for the football league, and well worth meeting LT demands without doing any research for themselves

1 person likes this 1 person

By Hullablue27/5 09:38Sun May 27 09:38:31 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 721

The value of everything linked to Boro would be devalued if LT issued a statement saying "in the absolute worst case scenario there would be no club next season

That is what some fans are calling on him to do.

That will devalue things imo.

Comprende?

By stone ragma27/5 15:43Sun May 27 15:43:38 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 622

It would devalue because we would only be selling because we need to sell and clubs interested will know that

By Hullablue27/5 16:15Sun May 27 16:15:32 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 608

Thank you.
That is the point I made.
Glad someone got it

By stripes4me27/5 10:31Sun May 27 10:31:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 645

Whereas a pledge that there will be a club next season come what may will surely protect the value?

Saying nothing causes uncertainty & doubt , that is equally devaluing imo.

Mind you reading your post makes the wording of the 'not my intention, AT THIS TIME, to re-enter club....' in LT statement very cleverly worded indeed.

If the intention was to protect value in line with the theme in your post then that was well thought out by a very good wordsmith.

Edited by stripes4me at 10:34:02 on 27th May 2018

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 11:26Sun May 27 11:26:38 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 635

I am with you; I read that the same way.

t is not my intention, at this time, to re-enter the club, and I hope that a new owner is found as soon as possible, so that the work required to start the new season can commence.

The statement was poorly worded and even more poorly presented so ambiguity was inevitable

I see it as two separate statements
1) He has no intention to re-enter the football club.
2) he hopes a new owner can be found.

I can join the two together on the understanding that he would enter the ground if/when a buyer is found. In some ways that goes without saying.
As things stand, there is no buyer, so he wont be entering the ground.
If he does not enter the ground, then business as normal god help

Edited by VS Boro at 11:27:16 on 27th May 2018

By Fromage28/5 08:23Mon May 28 08:23:00 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 434

I can understand his reasons for wanting to sell but think he still has a lot to offer and working together with the Co-Op could achieve better things for everyone.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 08:24Mon May 28 08:24:15 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 433

(I think he has turned the likelihood down), but perhaps a hope is that he keeps ownership for a transition period. Not sure how that would work, as requires faith from both sides.

By bert's dad27/5 18:37Sun May 27 18:37:35 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 560

‘I hope a new owner can be found, so that work to start the new season can commence”. That seems very clear work to start the new season will not commence until we have a new owner. Cannot see Town/Boro surviving after AGM.

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 09:53Tue May 29 09:53:27 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 413

"That seems very clear work to start the new season will not commence until we have a new owner"

Doesn't his statement make it clear that 2/3 of the requirements for next season in Noational North have been met? If so, doesn't that mean that far from work not commencing, the majority has actually been completed?

By bert's dad30/5 10:29Wed May 30 10:29:38 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 212

Depends what the two things are

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)29/5 10:33Tue May 29 10:33:51 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 388

So 33% of what the league wants has been supplied (not sure he can safely say "met")
Its for the league to accept what has/will be supplied.

Also, for the club to start in a league many things are needed. Not least ££££s and there appears to be no income stream (LT admitted he has not secured any sponsorship; we know there is not ST income and it looks the financial input of the academy is now questionable).
There are a host of other things (players, pitch, staff, manager) that are needed.

LT also stated he has not done a lot of things as he wanted the new owners to have a free hand. In other words these can only be done with a new owner, and as of 29-May there isn't one.

so, adding all together I would say that 2 requirements have been supplied, whilst a host of others have not.

By stone ragma29/5 10:47Tue May 29 10:47:18 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 368

Thought he said 2 out of 3 things League requires had been done, that’s more than 33pc

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)29/5 11:00Tue May 29 11:00:05 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 378

Yep - my mistake
66.6666666666666% been supplied
33.3333333333333% not.

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 11:03Tue May 29 11:03:48 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 384

So you agree with me that the statement:

"That seems very clear work to start the new season will not commence until we have a new owner"

is absolutely inaccurate and incorrect?

Edited by Greg (NBFC) at 11:04:00 on 29th May 2018

By bert's dad30/5 10:33Wed May 30 10:33:42 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 230

Except that’s what Lee Thorn said

By animal30/5 15:11Wed May 30 15:11:03 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 216

Link please as I must have missed that!

Edited to say that it was a separate paragraph and refers to LT not entering into the running of the club and will therefore not be involved in preparation for the new season.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. George Bernard Shaw

Edited by animal at 15:22:06 on 30th May 2018

By bert's dad30/5 18:05Wed May 30 18:05:57 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 143

It’s the last sentence of the statement released by Lee Thorn and is on Biro chat

By animal30/5 18:30Wed May 30 18:30:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 159

Already seen it and edited my post

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/291023

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. George Bernard Shaw

By Greg (NBFC)30/5 15:21Wed May 30 15:21:39 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 165

To be fair to bert's dad, Lee Thorn's statement does end with "It is not my intention, at this time, to re-enter the club, and I hope that a new owner is found as soon as possible, so that the work required to start the new season can commence."

By bert's dad30/5 18:07Wed May 30 18:07:19 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 136

Thanks. To be fair parts of the statement are unclear

By animal30/5 15:24Wed May 30 15:24:28 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 162

Just edited my post to reflect that. :-)

Must admit that this is a strange thing to say. If he,as owner ,will not be involved,and there is no new owner.it would seem to be an impasse.

By animal30/5 15:27Wed May 30 15:27:09 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 167

"at this time" seems to be his get out of jail card

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)30/5 15:54Wed May 30 15:54:10 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 163

I read "at this time" (with the rest) to mean that if a buyer comes along he would enter the club in that he would (goes without saying) have to help with the transition.

Pedantic/technicality - He probably does not have to actually enter to do this.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)29/5 11:08Tue May 29 11:08:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 377

its not a binary choice; (I could refer you to another non-binary answer to a binary question)

I dare say/hope LT has applied to enter the FA Cup.
Taking that on its own means work has commenced.

However, many things need to be done, and the only thing that has been stated is 2/3rd of the tasks demanded by the league have been done (but no indication they satisfy the league).

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 11:19Tue May 29 11:19:38 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 412

My post was absolutely binary. bert's dad made a statement that, in my opinion, was absolutely incorrect. I quoted that single statement and pointed out its inaccuracy. I made no reference to anything else, but others have - as is regularly the case on this subject - decided to add in a few extra (unmentioned) factors and then make them the subject.

By bert's dad30/5 10:34Wed May 30 10:34:42 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 261

I was just quoting Lee Thorn

By Greg (NBFC)30/5 11:10Wed May 30 11:10:37 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 258

No you weren't! Lee Thorn was unequivocal in his statement that two of the three requirements had been met. He said, in his statement:

"The club must meet certain conditions to fulfil our licence to compete in the competition. We had three things to tick off to enable this to happen, we now have one item outstanding."

That is absolutely clear - there were three things to be done, now there is one. My maths may not be the best, but doesn't that mean that two things have been done?

You said "That seems very clear work to start the new season will not commence until we have a new owner" - but surely LT's statement means that work has indeed been started and 2 out of 3 items have been done.

By bert's dad30/5 12:34Wed May 30 12:34:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 203

It’s a separate sentence (or paragraph) and is exactly what he said. It would help if Lee Thorn made his comments clearer.

By almost average 230/5 12:55Wed May 30 12:55:16 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 184

Agree without knowing what these three things are it's impossible to know if his statement is a positive or negative . Hence people are interpreting what he said both ways , which i think properly suites him currently . As i've said before we will have a much clearer idea after the leagues agm on the 10th June .

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)30/5 13:08Wed May 30 13:08:03 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 185

There is always uncertainties with statements, so people understandably base interpretations on situation and history.

eg ..............
"The club must meet certain conditions to fulfil our licence to compete in the competition. We had three things to tick off to enable this to happen, we now have one item outstanding".

to the letter of grammar, that is clear BUT what are the two (and what is the one) AND I am not 100% convinced that submitting them is the same as having them accepted (but statement indicated "the licence is 2/3 fulfilled.
one may be "have ground; lease and safety certificate"
one may be "provide sufficient evident to the satisfaction of the league committee that the club is financial capable of completing the season"

The latter has been an issue for the league in the past, and more than once have demanded a bond.

Finally - why only 2/3. Why hasn't the 3rd been done.

By Hullablue29/5 12:47Tue May 29 12:47:38 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 352

It wouldn't take very much twisting to say you are accusing some posters of twisting...

Edited by Hullablue at 13:00:55 on 29th May 2018

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 12:52Tue May 29 12:52:48 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 415

You may say that, but I couldn't possibly comment ;)

By stone ragma29/5 10:07Tue May 29 10:07:35 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 393

A lot of other things need to happen as well, at the moment we don’t know if things like pitch maintenance have been done or are planned, so it’s a case of wait and see because only LT knows what will happen if he can’t sell

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 10:10Tue May 29 10:10:28 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 388

Indeed. I fully agree. However .....

to use a line often employed by another regular poster on here, I was purely responding to the words that someone else posted. I even quoted exatly the sentence to which I was responding.

By stone ragma29/5 10:24Tue May 29 10:24:22 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 374

I’m guessing within the next couple of weeks we will know more about his intentions, if he hasn’t got a buyer and does intend to carry on then ST will have to be put on sale, pre season plans be sorted out as clubs will be back in pre season by first week or so of July

By stone ragma27/5 18:51Sun May 27 18:51:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 561

Do you think he will just walk away with nothing in that case ?

By Hullablue27/5 19:30Sun May 27 19:30:29 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 567

He will still have a ground.

By AS197227/5 22:58Sun May 27 22:58:56 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 482

with an ACV and an area of consecrated ground

By stone ragma27/5 20:25Sun May 27 20:25:40 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 510

He will, though what he can do with it is anyone’s guess

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 20:31Sun May 27 20:31:23 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 505

He could rent to football club.
However he need to sell

If no football club he could rent to nuns
Byt they don’t really need it so have a strong hand

He is caught between a rock and a hard place

By Hullablue27/5 20:48Sun May 27 20:48:11 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 499

Or he can sell the ground.

By stone ragma27/5 20:54Sun May 27 20:54:47 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 499

If not for football, is it much use to anyone with the access problems

By Hullablue27/5 20:57Sun May 27 20:57:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 500

Nuns.

By stone ragma27/5 21:04Sun May 27 21:04:12 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 516

They said previously they could not afford it so guessing the price would have to drop quite a bit

By Fromage28/5 07:32Mon May 28 07:32:28 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 448

Skip-gate round 2 must decrease the value to potential investors.

By Hullablue27/5 21:26Sun May 27 21:26:41 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 472

Or situations have changed.
That happens.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 21:25Sun May 27 21:25:39 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 479

would it be ironic if the football club continued and they were tenants of the rugby club :)

By Hullablue27/5 21:28Sun May 27 21:28:20 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 473

Wouldn't it be funny for the Nuns members who openly dislike Boro to be able to fuck the club over by kicking it while pretending to help it up.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 21:33Sun May 27 21:33:28 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Definition of "the boro" needed.

By Hullablue27/5 21:40Sun May 27 21:40:36 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 488

You need me to explain to you what "the boro" is?

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 20:59Sun May 27 20:59:41 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 493

Why do they need it?

I dare say they would like it, but seemed to manage okay without it.
I can’t see them going overboard to help the TWO current owners

By Hullablue27/5 21:26Sun May 27 21:26:07 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

I think owning the ground would help them more than IN and LT

By stone ragma27/5 20:47Sun May 27 20:47:56 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 482

Nuns didn’t want to pay much if any rent before so can’t see they would agree to pay much now

By Lord of the Manor27/5 18:57Sun May 27 18:57:08 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 543

Imo ... no ....
If no other buyer can be found he'll end up going back to the co-op to negotiate a deal of some kind .

Why would he walk away with nothing ?

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 19:08Sun May 27 19:08:29 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 522

It appears he has gone back to the coop already.

As for "walk away with nothing".
Accounts showed that to keep Boro' going during the 2016/17 financial period that cost him £50,000.
I am not sure what fixed costs he has to meet (rates and &&) but if thats less than £50,000 then it would be worth him not trading.

The business had about £50,000 of assets. (max)

It appears he is owned about £560,000
How much of that he hopes to recoup (and how much the coop can raise) is the big question.

If no buyer can be found (or deal struck) then he could recoup anywhere unto £50,000. Carrying on would cost him £50,000. Doing nothing would cost a lot lot less.

Stress - based on 2016/17 figures.

By bert's dad27/5 19:57Sun May 27 19:57:56 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 508

Think you are right. Only the Academy, possibly, made money and it looks like that has gone. Taking his last couple of sentences at face value only a new owner can commence the work needed to start next season. Perhaps there is someone out there but how many of Lee Thorn’s loans would they want to pay off?

By Hullablue27/5 20:29Sun May 27 20:29:12 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 484

You seem to have added the concept of only there.

By bert's dad27/5 20:39Sun May 27 20:39:59 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

True

By Larry27/5 20:14Sun May 27 20:14:57 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 495

I think it’s probably got to the point where he doesn’t even want his loans paid off.

He wants to switch off the leaking tap and get the overheads and other liabilities taken on by somebody else.

By bert's dad27/5 20:38Sun May 27 20:38:35 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 466

True

Edited by bert's dad at 20:38:50 on 27th May 2018

By stone ragma27/5 19:00Sun May 27 19:00:03 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 504

Pretty much my thoughts as well

By Hullablue27/5 18:40Sun May 27 18:40:43 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 510

Doesn't clearly say that to me.
Anything else in that paragraph that may give that excerpt a bit of context?

By Hullablue27/5 11:54Sun May 27 11:54:20 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 593

Or you can join them together by saying he will re-enter the club if no new owner is found.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 11:57Sun May 27 11:57:35 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 586

yep - each to their own interpretation.

Thing is, the statement is 100% irrelevant if he only intends to enter the club if a new buyer is not found. As of the time he made the statement there was not a new buyer, so why say his intention was not to re-enter the ground.

If/when a new buyer is found, he would have to enter the ground to perform duties and clear his desk.

By Hullablue27/5 12:22Sun May 27 12:22:12 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 585

His statements said at the time he issued it he didn't intend to return to the club.

You and I can both guess what would change his intentions, but we both know intentions change.

By Hullablue27/5 10:36Sun May 27 10:36:53 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 603

Not even Real Madrid can promise that.

"Come what may"?

Even if Thorn dies suddenly? Even if the country resolves into civil war and Liberty Way supersedes Towton? Even if Donald Trump decides to launch missile attacks on every where that shares four letters or more with North Korea? Even if the dead rise and start a zombie war? Even if the Four Horsemen turn up?

Come what may my arse.

Edit to add: I don't think that sentence was particularly well-written but it certainly has been badly read.

Edited by Hullablue at 10:38:52 on 27th May 2018

By stripes4me27/5 10:46Sun May 27 10:46:42 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 599

And your thoughts on uncertainty / doubts whether club will exist next season affecting value?

Worst case scenario it may be deemed as but it is still a scenario that needs consideration.

By Hullablue27/5 11:04Sun May 27 11:04:17 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 581

I don't actually care about the value of the club, but I guess the person you are calling on to discuss a scenario you have imagined may do.

You feel free to consider your scenario, but that doesn't mean Thorn needs to talk publically about it.

My thoughts are irrelevant though. Thorn's are not.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 10:26Sun May 27 10:26:08 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 585

Not if our fans keep spreading doom and gloom and demand the club comments on a worse case scenario.

irrespective, any buyer, their solicitors, their accountants will make their own minds up based on their investigations.

At this stage, the buyer will be looking at what is in the public domain. Perhaps he/she (say) knows the club have been accepted into the league for next season.... in which case anything on social media is irrelevant.

By Larry27/5 10:39Sun May 27 10:39:50 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 592

Key issues surely:

Are overheads being paid

Is pitch being prepared

Are players being retained / signed

I would have mentioned Academy but we now seem to know the answer to that.

If there really are any outside bidders they will look at these things?

what i dont understand >

By joetowny (Joe)27/5 11:19Sun May 27 11:19:21 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 619

why has LT not just shut up shop.
why delay the inevitable
he owns 50pc of the ground he might not realise the sale at the moment but land in this country rarely devalues
the co op are struggling to take control
people are telling me the club is worthless
ive tried to look at it from all angles and tbh i dont get it.
is he playing a game of brinkmanship
ie put up or shut up ?? again i dont know
has he genuine people interested ?? again i dont know
if not where does he go ?? oblivion
i go back to the first line above
there must be a 1001 posts on here on the issue and im still non the wiser than after reading the first one.
maybe im just thick apart where money is concerned that is
but i still dont get it, not one bit of it.
we all know how long the club has been up for grabs so i cant see why the sudden panic now
this has been coming
all the people that have told him to feck off all the people who wanted him out did they for one second think through the consequences of him not *funding the club well they are unless some knight in white armour rides into town about to find out
sorry but ostriches come to mind in some instances

* even with the best will in the world cant see him of showing a profit on his tenure ship

ps not for one second taking sides here just trying to fathom out the apparent imminent mess

Re: what i dont understand >

By almost average 227/5 12:31Sun May 27 12:31:21 2018In response to what i dont understand >Top of thread

I actually feel he's playing a game of brinkman's ship , as you put it . It's what happens if he doesn't win that's the unknown .
You can't really blame people who care about the club from trying to work out what's going on by talking about it .

By joetowny (Joe)27/5 13:13Sun May 27 13:13:00 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 587

i dont for one minute think that anyone who posts on here does not have the club at heart.
going round in endless circles will change nothing.
if your looking for a crumb of comfort im afraid im not your man
so many fuck ups pre Thorn 50's 60's 70's etc etc right up to the modern day
nothing changes.

By stone ragma27/5 18:56Sun May 27 18:56:24 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 501

History says it’s never been a very stable club, as you say Joe just looking back at the 70s and all the money problems through that decade, then the ups and downs in the 80s

By Larry27/5 11:28Sun May 27 11:28:05 2018In response to what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 615

Great post and not sure anyone knows the answers yet.

The value of the land is pretty limited because of the restrictions on access and use.

On the Club he hasn’t shut it down so fair play but at the least he must want somebody to take the debts on even if he writes off his own loans.

Edited by Larry at 11:28:33 on 27th May 2018

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 11:28Sun May 27 11:28:01 2018In response to what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 593

I think there is a good argument that he has "shut up shop"

By Hullablue27/5 11:55Sun May 27 11:55:45 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 587

Apart from him saying he has done two of the three things the conf wanted.
And apart from selling a player.
He clearly has not shut up shop.
The shop is still open, just not selling anything to you or me at the moment.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 12:00Sun May 27 12:00:37 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 595

HAD/HAS DONE - that is, before his statement

No indication he has done the 3rd requirement of the league.

He also made it clear he wont be entering the ground (irrespective of if/and/where/or).
I read that as a (cant think of word), and that he wont be doing anything (post statement).

By Fromage28/5 07:41Mon May 28 07:41:58 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 447

I have already suggested the third requirement is mentioned in the statement.

The League need to be told if the ground is leasehold or freehold.

The offer from LT to the Co-Op is to rent the ground or buy both the club and ground.

By Hullablue28/5 08:10Mon May 28 08:10:19 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 431

But at the moment the football club has a 20-year lease so that is not an issue.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 08:20Mon May 28 08:20:35 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 447

20 years.
who told you that?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/nuneaton-town-secures-future-appointment-7578765

By Hullablue28/5 08:25Mon May 28 08:25:08 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

Views: 446

Fat fingers.
So 10 years rather than 20.

By stripes4me27/5 11:23Sun May 27 11:23:49 2018In response to what i dont understand >Top of thread

As ever Joe a top post.

Ps. You've won my 'posters poster of the year' award the last 3 seasons ;)

By AS197227/5 23:35Sun May 27 23:35:10 2018In response to Re: what i dont understand >Top of thread

A limited company becomes insolvent when it can no longer pay its bills when due, or its liabilities—including contingent liabilities such as redundancy payments—outweigh the company’s assets. This is a critical point in the lifespan of a company as it denotes when the directors' responsibilities change from the shareholders to the creditors. It also means that the directors need to be extremely careful when considering whether to continue to trade, or not. Any director who knows that the company is insolvent and makes the decision to continue to trade, and in doing so increases the debts of the company can be made liable for the company debts.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 11:08Sun May 27 11:08:49 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 577

If there really are any outside bidders they will look at these things[/I]

only after they have checked on social media :)

By Hullablue27/5 10:32Sun May 27 10:32:11 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 589

You obviously realise you are putting all the focus on less than half a sentence and not the qualifying bits that follow it.

By quoting that full sentence and highlighting just one bit shows everyone you are ignoring the word AND and everything that follows it.

And I was talking primarily about the sale of players. Not the sale of the club.

By almost average 227/5 09:10Sun May 27 09:10:01 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 630

You honestly think other clubs don't know about our situation . Come on get real . Another forum i look on totally non boro there's already a thread running on who will replace us at the various levels after the agm's . Gainsborough at our level with a knock on down the system .

By Hullablue27/5 09:35Sun May 27 09:35:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 612

I don't think other clubs know the true situation, no.
I think fans of lots of clubs know what doom and gloom is being posted on here and elsewhere by Boro fans though.
See the difference?

By almost average 227/5 12:21Sun May 27 12:21:58 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 557

I honestly can't believe that anyone would think that other clubs have to read this sorts of forums to know what's going on , but if you say you do then you must do .

Edited by almost average 2 at 12:24:20 on 27th May 2018

By Hullablue27/5 12:25Sun May 27 12:25:18 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 564

Why should other clubs if our own fans don't.

I think if Thorn was to address ylany fans' worst case scenario he would not do it here. He would need to make a statement on the club's website. Or though his pet journalist ;-)

So, I am not talking about what people read on here but if Thorn reacted to it.

Edited by Hullablue at 12:29:53 on 27th May 2018

By almost average 227/5 12:56Sun May 27 12:56:37 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

He doesn't have to say if i don't get a buyer i will close the club , but if he said i will make sure the club is in a position to start next season while i continue to look for a buyer it would be a massive help / calming factor . The fact that he hasn't said that tied in with numerous other factors are what's fueling the negative speculation .
I believe the leagues agm is about a week away , we should have a far clearer idea what his intentions are after that .

By stone ragma27/5 19:01Sun May 27 19:01:18 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 490

Wonder if he will be representing the club at the AGM!

By Hullablue27/5 13:27Sun May 27 13:27:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

But what if it is answer A rather than answer B?

By VS Nobody (VS Boro)26/5 11:33Sat May 26 11:33:21 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 772

I doubt either would actually raise that sort of money, particularly if they want to leave or are extremely unhappy.

I cant see what forcing them to stay would do (Quayle being prime example).

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 09:14Sun May 27 09:14:52 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 617

Given LT statement, it sounds like something he would say.... he was quick at throwing dirt.

By almost average 226/5 20:04Sat May 26 20:04:57 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 708

I believe one or two of our better paid players are also employed as academy coaches . So boasting their money without it having to come out of the playing budget . I wonder how the academy moving will affect this .

By Hullablue26/5 20:36Sat May 26 20:36:03 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 686

I am not sure the existing academy is moving outside the club.

By almost average 226/5 20:41Sat May 26 20:41:21 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 686

Believe someone posted earlier saying this years intake had received letters saying it was off to Rugby .

By Hullablue26/5 20:48Sat May 26 20:48:07 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 695

Yes, but there are last year's intake already at the club too.

By Scooby (Bulko blue)26/5 22:16Sat May 26 22:16:16 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 673

The company behind the academy are taking the whole operation to Rugby
The current students will have to follow if they wish to continue their education

By Hullablue26/5 22:37Sat May 26 22:37:33 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 661

This is not what I expected to happen.

By stripes4me27/5 08:47Sun May 27 08:47:15 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 618

My understanding is they do not have to move to continue their education, a new provider can come in & pick up where the previous one left off.

There are other reasons they may wish to move for but education provider changing does not force them to.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)26/5 22:20Sat May 26 22:20:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 680

What about the football side of things?
I would have thought football/education had to be integrated.
Also, going to be hard to get to rugby for these kids (I have no idea how/where they live now).

You seem “in the know”. Do you suspect this is the end of the acadamy in Nuneaton?

By Scooby (Bulko blue)27/5 00:36Sun May 27 00:36:14 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 652

In its current form yes, and also one of the main incomes for the club
There is no football side of things without the education course, that's where the money comes from

Edited by Bulko blue at 00:42:25 on 27th May 2018
Edited by Bulko blue at 00:45:21 on 27th May 2018

Worth noting re. academy

By stripes4me27/5 08:52Sun May 27 08:52:58 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 624

As the post above says it is a big source of current income.

Re: Worth noting re. academy

By Hullablue27/5 08:54Sun May 27 08:54:59 2018In response to Worth noting re. academyTop of thread

Views: 614

The biggest.

By Larry27/5 00:49Sun May 27 00:49:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 642

So does it close because O neill left or did he leave because it had closed?

By Scooby (Bulko blue)27/5 01:16Sun May 27 01:16:54 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 654

Al I know is that the company who run the education programme have told all the students that the course they were offered at the Boro is still open to them, they just have to make their way to Rugby everyday, I'm pretty sure these things don't happen overnight

By ,shifter (Shifter)27/5 05:28Sun May 27 05:28:37 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 645

One thing that cannot be moved to rugby ......silverware.
We ain’t got any.
🤓🤓

By Greg (NBFC)29/5 10:08Tue May 29 10:08:55 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 345

Didn't one of the youth sides win their league last season? If so, the academy is the only bit of the club that DOES have silverware to move ;)

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)26/5 20:43Sat May 26 20:43:13 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 695

Just the educational side

How that effects things.........???????

By stripes4me26/5 20:49Sat May 26 20:49:12 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 702

Another education provider could be found if required.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)26/5 20:54Sat May 26 20:54:30 2018In response to Re: When will we know if we have any players left?Top of thread

Views: 704

One could argue they have found an alternative 😛😛😛😛😛😛

Suppose the question that’s been missed is “why not carry on with existing one”

I am not sure how it all works - just amazed so many academies that appear to all be government funded.

Previous thread: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ...... by stripes4me27/5 11:20Sun May 27 11:20:37 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Town AFC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Town AFC. Nuneaton Town AFC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.