ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Secretary leaves by bert's dadToday 09:54Today at 09:54:46view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: When will we know if we have any players left? by bert's dad25/5 20:42Fri May 25 20:42:22 2018view thread

Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......

By stripes4me27/5 11:20Sun May 27 11:20:37 2018

Views: 1146

twohundredpercent.net/liberty-death-nuneaton/

I will re-iterate that out of respect to the supporters there should be clarification that if a new owner is not found what will happen to the football club.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......

By ,shifter (Shifter)28/5 08:52Mon May 28 08:52:49 2018In response to Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 687

“ what will happen to the football club “
It’s all looking rather frail that there will be any sort of football played at LW next season.

Think most Boro fans were of the opinion when Thorne took over he would eventually bust the club.
Imo ,Thorne came into his new venture thinking he could fatten the club up and there would be queues forming to buy.
It’s all gone tits for him ,more so tits up for the folk who matter most .....us fans

Recon it’s all looking good for Tamworth
By by Boro.

By mark-nbfc28/5 09:11Mon May 28 09:11:55 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 655

Do you mean Gainsborough?

---

https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By ,shifter (Shifter)28/5 09:32Mon May 28 09:32:55 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 622

Is it Gainsborough
Better still

By Dougie828/5 18:47Mon May 28 18:47:25 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 375

Gainsborough finished with 46 points. Poole in Conference South had 42 so Gainsborough would be reprieved.

By Hullablue28/5 09:03Mon May 28 09:03:43 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 630

Why good for Tamworth?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 09:03Mon May 28 09:03:25 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 620

Why looking good for Tamworth?

By ,shifter (Shifter)28/5 09:35Mon May 28 09:35:07 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 597

Thought Tamuth third bottom ,obviously wrong ,no issues.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)27/5 11:29Sun May 27 11:29:51 2018In response to Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 916

Only skipped through

Not sure where these assumptions come from.

At the moment, there seems to be a lot of assumption going on that Nuneaton Borough will start next season, but at the moment it feels as though the situation surrounding the future of both the club and the Liberty Way stadium is as clear as mud, and we can be almost certain that the league will want assurances, if they are to allow Nuneaton to start next season.

Edited by VS Boro at 11:30:11 on 27th May 2018

Resignation from the Conference North.

By Vernon Slain28/5 09:13Mon May 28 09:13:08 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 691

I believe that resignation from the League has to be in the League's hands before April of the season. The League AGM will ratify the compilation of their leagues for the forthcoming season,and there is usually a really hefty fine from the League if a Club was to resign after the League's AGM.
Is it not unreasonable to assume that someone at our Club would know of the situation with the League right now ?

The ''Model'' didn't work !

Re: Resignation from the Conference North.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 09:22Mon May 28 09:22:23 2018In response to Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 634

Resigning is only one scenario.

By Vernon Slain28/5 09:24Mon May 28 09:24:24 2018In response to Re: Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 614

I just posted a thought in response to yours and as per usual.there is a sarcastic reply posted.
Oh well.

The ''Model'' didn't work !

By Hullablue28/5 09:28Mon May 28 09:28:40 2018In response to Re: Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 612

I saw no sarcasm.

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 09:27Mon May 28 09:27:27 2018In response to Re: Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 594

No sarcasm at all.

The club could resign from the league, or could (as has been done in the past) expelled.

By Hullablue28/5 09:16Mon May 28 09:16:59 2018In response to Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 608

Seeing as no one from the club has said anything about not playing in Conf North next season I will take that as I sign that the intention is to plat in conf north.

There has also been no word on us not changing to an ice hockey club next season so I will take that as a good sign.

Edited by Hullablue at 09:17:12 on 28th May 2018

By stone ragma28/5 09:16Mon May 28 09:16:50 2018In response to Resignation from the Conference North.Top of thread

Views: 603

I don’t think LT is stupid so he will know what the situation is and what the consequences would be and I think will act accordingly

On the subject of uncertainty .....

By stripes4me28/5 07:40Mon May 28 07:40:13 2018In response to Re: Interesting read regarding uncertainty. ......Top of thread

Views: 666

wonder if the land that was purchased the other side of the river is included in ground sale & who it is owned by - IN / LT or both?

You know the ground behind the main stand, with the conference centre in, the ground where the training / 3g pitch is?

People may scoff at community ownership but what have a succession of money men (they're money men so obviously they must be much more capable of running a football club than anyone else) given us - decades of broken promises, an embarrassing number of times we've gone bust, the list goes on.

Will community ownership work, who knows but it's the only 'model' we haven't tried yet.

Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....

By bert's dad28/5 09:45Mon May 28 09:45:29 2018In response to On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 591

There’s always crowd funding - although Les Green tried that with a bucket. Happy days are soon forgotten 😫

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 08:17Mon May 28 08:17:14 2018In response to On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 635

The coop should be able to answer this.

quick look at the land Registry there are 3 plots of land registered at this post code (although the search says 4)

The Rugby Club
The Football Club.
and......
6, Slingsby Close, Attleborough Fields Ind Estate, Nuneaton, CV11 6RR

Strangely, no information is available for the football club.

just looked at map, and Slingsby Close is not far (as the crow flies) from Crows Nest pub. I guess a mistake with postcode.

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QDSearch.do

By stone ragma28/5 07:43Mon May 28 07:43:33 2018In response to On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 638

Was thinking about that as well, would be a way possibly for a new owner to get around the access problems over Rugby Club land

By Larry28/5 08:41Mon May 28 08:41:56 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 644

British Waterways won’t allow a bridge

By boropod (BoroughPod)28/5 15:53Mon May 28 15:53:45 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 460

There are 2 bridges on Rugby land already I can see.

By Larry28/5 16:05Mon May 28 16:05:27 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 463

I think the bridges you are referring to are over the flood relief system run by environment agency rather than the River Anker itself.

F.C. or rather ground owner approached British waterways for a Bridge over the river and were refused. Same when they approached council for direct access to Eastborough way.

Almost as if they saw skipgate coming years before it did ...

Edited by Larry at 16:05:52 on 28th May 2018
Edited by Larry at 16:15:48 on 28th May 2018

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 16:29Mon May 28 16:29:03 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 455

Just looked at the area on google earth, and unless I have the wrong area I cant see how that would help.
there does not appear to be a route from the industrial units, and certainly not enough for transport (assuming thats also needed)

Happy to be educated.

http://prntscr.com/jnnm8l

http://prntscr.com/jnnmz6

http://prntscr.com/jnnoyw

Edited by VS Boro at 16:29:51 on 28th May 2018
Edited by VS Boro at 16:30:22 on 28th May 2018
Edited by VS Boro at 16:31:13 on 28th May 2018
Edited by VS Boro at 16:32:56 on 28th May 2018
Edited by VS Boro at 16:37:06 on 28th May 2018

By Larry28/5 16:42Mon May 28 16:42:01 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 438

It was something they tried.

I guess they would have needed some access from those units as well but IIRC British Waterways said a Bridge was a no go.

They’ve been wriggling on the access for a while as I think they knew what was coming.

By Hullablue28/5 17:37Mon May 28 17:37:43 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 395

We all know what was coming.
The Nuns had been sulking for years and it was only a matter of time before a chairman tried to flex his muscles.

Neither party was happy with the other and it was wise to find a way to not have to work together.

By Larry28/5 18:44Mon May 28 18:44:19 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 354

You’re right. Certainly been concerns about a landlocked ground for some time. The first person I saw predict the future problems was a poster on here called Halibut when the ground was originally sold.

But IIRC a lot of people tried to claim access wasn’t an issue when skipgate started although everybody seems to accept it is now.

By Hullablue28/5 19:13Mon May 28 19:13:52 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 334

If everyone acted like adults, access wouldn't be an issue.

By Larry28/5 19:15Mon May 28 19:15:09 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 348

Agree again.

Unfortunately it has become one as I’m sure anybody analysing stadium issues will see.

By boropod (BoroughPod)28/5 16:28Mon May 28 16:28:01 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 441

You have go over one bridge which is deffo over the Anker to get to the Nuns number one pitch.
The other as you say is probably part of the flood relief scheme.
Clearly new bridges over the anker have been allowed in recentish times. The access road proposed by IN to bypass the Nuns land is another issue.

By Larry28/5 16:44Mon May 28 16:44:08 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 464

Maybe. I’m not sure how the Anker flows. Would need an aerial pic.

It could be that the Bridge Nuns use is the one that was there when it was farmland or British Waterways more relaxed because Nuns own the actual land surrounding it? Either way they refused the FC when they tried.

By Sportingman28/5 19:53Mon May 28 19:53:13 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 336

It flows from west to east, or looking at the back of the stadium from right to left.

By Larry28/5 19:56Mon May 28 19:56:17 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 353

Good answer but my question was bad.

I meant does it curve round behind away end which I think it does and Boro Pod is right. I think there may also be another branch that goes straight on past seated stand.

I get mixed up which is the river and which is flood relief at rugby club.

Anyway football stadium in still landlocked. If I was buying a house I’d want my conveyancer to look into that.

Edited by Larry at 19:56:38 on 28th May 2018

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 20:38Mon May 28 20:38:35 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 349

Path of the river/flood relief

Cant embed

CLICK

Still unsure how a bridge there would help

By bert's dad28/5 20:41Mon May 28 20:41:51 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 396

Pitch looks good - perhaps stepping stones would work

By VS Anyone (VS Boro)28/5 20:36Mon May 28 20:36:11 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 336

I have bought a house recently, and my conveyancer never looked at how Liberty Way was landlocked - should I be worried? :)

By Larry28/5 20:39Mon May 28 20:39:43 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 337

Ha 😀 clearly not giving you the full service.

Wonder if they are the same ones representing Nuns and Boro in original sale and cocked up on both sides?

By Sportingman28/5 20:06Mon May 28 20:06:10 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 321

Actually bad answer, flows east to west. Where it splits just after the ground is still the river Anker. It then joins up again but starts in Wolvey.

By boropod (BoroughPod)28/5 18:05Mon May 28 18:05:02 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 395

Whatever! bridges over the Anker have been buit many times and can still be built, perhaps IN pissed off the waterways bods.

By joetowny (Joe)28/5 11:47Mon May 28 11:47:38 2018In response to Re: On the subject of uncertainty .....Top of thread

Views: 616

who leaked that

Previous thread: Cov City Celebration by videoman28/5 17:07Mon May 28 17:07:39 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Town AFC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Town AFC. Nuneaton Town AFC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.