ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Non League- pure, for the love of the game by VS ValeYesterday 16:22Yesterday at 16:22:06view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Nti by stone ragma14/7 10:26Sat Jul 14 10:26:06 2018view thread

Billy Daniels

By Harriers912/7 15:19Thu Jul 12 15:19:27 2018

Views: 1138

Trialling with us. Any good?

We're announcing a new signing this afternoon and it's either him or James Baxendale.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Bye Bye Billy Daniels

By Moley8513/7 12:06Fri Jul 13 12:06:43 2018In response to Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 629

Signed for kiddy this morning

Re: Bye Bye Billy Daniels

By VS Vale (VS Boro)13/7 12:12Fri Jul 13 12:12:11 2018In response to Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 606

That surprises me.

To me he is a very good footballer, with loads of potential. Problem is that from the day he signed, to his last game all we really saw was the potential and it was never realised.
I also think many were indifferent to him because he did not run round like a headless chicken.

Not saying this true WRT Daniels, but sometimes players are better suited for better quality of football.

By stone ragma13/7 12:57Fri Jul 13 12:57:36 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 519

Apparently he opted for Kiddy over a move to a National League club

Edited by stone ragma at 12:57:51 on 13th July 2018

By VS Vale (VS Boro)13/7 13:08Fri Jul 13 13:08:42 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 514

Always take that with a pinch of salt.
Could be solihull, otherwise distance may be the reason

By joetowny (Joe)13/7 12:09Fri Jul 13 12:09:25 2018In response to Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 567

do you think that the players that have left ( not Beswick as both agreed ) have not been offered new terms ?

By VS Vale (VS Boro)13/7 12:14Fri Jul 13 12:14:42 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 553

I know directed at Moley but I suspect they may have been offered a chance to prove themselves pre-season. Players are going to want something more definite, with a return as a sort of plan-b.

By almost average 213/7 14:55Fri Jul 13 14:55:42 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 438

Only guessing but i've got this feeling the club may have been happy to see them go and the players were happy to leave . Admit i'm filling in the gaps with negatives but i firmly believe there was something wrong behind the scene last season . Credit to the players that they never let it affect there performances but they also seem to have been quick to jump ship . It must be said though that most seem to have made upward movements to some extent . I know some were on decent money but it's hard to see the budget has gone down much with the sort of signings we've made .
Slightly of topic but i've heard that some of the youth lads who left us for Rugby are unhappy over there because because they didn't realise they would have to get there everyday of their own back and at their own expense .

By VS Vale (VS Boro)14/7 11:37Sat Jul 14 11:37:29 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 154

I think to guess that kiddy pay more than boro’
I would say daniells was content with what he got at Boro - more so as it was full time.

So - perhaps kiddy have a reasonable player cheap - win;win;win - particularly if he does actually fulfill his potential and ability.

By joetowny (Joe)13/7 16:44Fri Jul 13 16:44:35 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 364

like you im only guessing here but i would be very surprised if the whole object of the close season exercise was not budget related
and fwiw i dont think it has gone up.
LT might not be in the mastermind class but he aint stupid, far from it imo

it will be very interesting to see how much the new ground owner becomes involved at some point in the future fortunes of the club, im talking long term here btw
even allowing for their business sense rich boys like a train set or two to play with
i know if i was... i would.

By catch2213/7 17:25Fri Jul 13 17:25:13 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 350

What I find hard to understand in this whole episode. Is that LT made a phone call out of the blue pursuading smurthwaite to buy the ground . Smurthwaite buys without ever seeing the ground or LT. Smurthwaite said I had a phone call Thursday and bought the ground Friday. Just can't get me head round this tbh.

By joetowny (Joe)14/7 09:05Sat Jul 14 09:05:32 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 214

one or two know my thoughts on this one.
some believe what they want to.
i know what i believe
that the whole episode was a " put up or shut up job from day one"
where were these business men ? patiently waiting in the wings
i'll tell you 22
the same place as all the " i'll come back when IN has gone brigade"
in short bud nowhere to be seen.
the truth is now out in the open....... talk is cheap

one last question do you think NS bought the ground
on a whim
to do LT a favour
or without looking into it first i think its called due diligence
rich businessmen do not do that thats why their rich

By catch2214/7 09:29Sat Jul 14 09:29:14 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 209

Exactly my thinking joe. He didn't buy it on a whim. Heard so much bullshit of the years , so and so going to put a million in as long as this happens or he's not involved . Talk is cheap.

By ,shifter (Shifter)14/7 09:53Sat Jul 14 09:53:40 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 203

The bloke as obviously got plans otherwise no point in buying LW.
At least it would seem the owner is prepared to take the Nuns on .that is a plus in itself.
Depends how the Smurth sees things LW money spinner or red herring,I ain’t a clue.

We have seen no evidence of other potential buyers moving in .

1 person likes this 1 person

By Lord of the Manor14/7 09:56Sat Jul 14 09:56:18 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 210

Anyone know ( or heared ) what the ground rent is per season ?

By ,shifter (Shifter)14/7 10:22Sat Jul 14 10:22:12 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 178

I don’t know .
Hopefully from Boro point of view .....peppercorn.

By stone ragma14/7 09:24Sat Jul 14 09:24:56 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 208

Agree Joe, NS would not have bought the ground without doing “due diligence “ first, he hasn’t become a successful businessman by taking risks on a whim

By VS Vale (VS Boro)14/7 11:40Sat Jul 14 11:40:53 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 173

he hasn’t become a successful businessman by taking risks on a whim

Many have (how they got their wealth) and many failed - remind me - who set up Nuneaton Town.

Why do football clubs fail - most/all owned by “successful buisiness people”

By joetowny (Joe)14/7 12:24Sat Jul 14 12:24:02 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 198

yes and they dont always apply the logic that drives their business
we both know owning a club is a 50pc ego trip
you can put whatever spin on the subject you like with numerous examples that you want to promote your take
how about Harrogate or Brackley ???
see easy peasy to find examples to promote ones view
nothing is cast in stone one way or the other

By VS Vale (VS Boro)13/7 18:33Fri Jul 13 18:33:19 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 310

I think the gap between Thursday and Friday was actually 8 days if you read the statement in a slightly different way.

By boropod (BoroughPod)13/7 19:53Fri Jul 13 19:53:06 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 266

I like Donald Trump. I really really do!
He hates the UK in so many special ways but also loves us too, but dislikes May and now loves Boris.
I dislike Thorn but think Nicky Eaden is great, really great!

By Hullablue13/7 17:50Fri Jul 13 17:50:19 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 333

I had not read anywhere he had not seen the ground or Thorn.

I also have not seen it was out of the blue.

Maybe if those things you think happened didnt happen it could be easier to get your head around

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By catch2214/7 11:16Sat Jul 14 11:16:21 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 178

I have not read anywhere that he had seen the ground or Thorn.

Also I haven't seen that it wasn't out of the blue.

Maybe those things I think happened did happen.

By Greg (NBFC)14/7 12:12Sat Jul 14 12:12:14 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 146

Maybe the Scots have put a man on the moon. Well, I haven't seen anything saying they haven't.

Just because no-one had told you (or the rest of us) it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I suspect that the bones of a deal with NS were already sorted way before the Co-op realised it couldn't do it.

By almost average 213/7 17:06Fri Jul 13 17:06:32 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 337

The interesting factor for me is one or two players seem to have been allowed to leave or have walked away who we could clearly have gotten a fee for .
Still we've moved on now , new season starts tomorrow ( sort of ) . Return of the Boro , new team , new management , new owner? . Hopefully a new start , we can dream .

By boropod (BoroughPod)13/7 15:40Fri Jul 13 15:40:49 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 408

Billy will be a decent player on the league below us.
Dont think he will get many starts at Kiddy but you never know.

By almost average 213/7 15:52Fri Jul 13 15:52:47 2018In response to Re: Bye Bye Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 399

He's used to that (:
I feel Leamington would have been a good move for him or like you say drop a level to someone like Tamworth or Bedworth .

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

By Brucey12/7 23:32Thu Jul 12 23:32:05 2018In response to Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 772

No fucking text

Re: Billy Daniels

By Dougie812/7 18:30Thu Jul 12 18:30:53 2018In response to Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 845

They have signed Baxendale.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)12/7 15:32Thu Jul 12 15:32:22 2018In response to Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 984

Luckily for you its Baxendale!

By mark-nbfc12/7 15:23Thu Jul 12 15:23:13 2018In response to Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 975

Irreplaceable.

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By Moley8512/7 15:26Thu Jul 12 15:26:50 2018In response to Re: Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 963

Longest serving player at the club.
Unsure what he's really done in that time mind.

By Crocket12/7 23:29Thu Jul 12 23:29:55 2018In response to Re: Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 678

Scored a cracker pre season away at Barwell !!! (2017)

By catch2213/7 12:35Fri Jul 13 12:35:27 2018In response to Re: Billy DanielsTop of thread

Views: 507

I always thought he was the kit man who had a game now and then when we we're short. Sort of a double roll at the club . Learn something every day I suppose. " Get billy on "

1 person likes this 1 person

Previous thread: Goalkeeper signs. by Dougie814/7 10:49Sat Jul 14 10:49:56 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.