Return to front page

Newest article: Re: April 200 Club draw result by Unnamed SauceYesterday 19:41Yesterday at 19:41:11view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Chesterfield by bert's dad6/2 08:15Tue Feb 6 08:15:05 2024view thread

Non league paper

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 13:44Sun Feb 4 13:44:16 2024

Views: 1190

As linked to form Boro chat

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/476461/talks-for-nuneaton-rebirth-to-continue

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Non league paper

By catch224/2 16:47Sun Feb 4 16:47:54 2024In response to Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 826

Finally professional adults have entered the room.
Wish them all the luck.

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:49Sun Feb 4 16:49:11 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 820

Seeing as the co-op assertion by H is already disputed, maybe the adults are not here.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 16:51Sun Feb 4 16:51:44 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 797

Or he means the coop are the adults

BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT

By stripes4me4/2 15:36Sun Feb 4 15:36:09 2024In response to Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 1045

Is the stand out quote for me from the proposed new investors.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN DOWN THIS ROUTE !!!!

ARE WE GOING TO LET OUR CLUB BE SOMEBODY ELSES CASH COW - YET AGAIN.

ARE WE GOING TO HELP INVESTORS GAIN VALUABLE LAND IN NUNEATON TO BE USED AS THEIR ASSETT / PENSION FUND - YET AGAIN !!!!!

If so we deserve everything we get for not learning by our past mistakes.

1 person likes this 1 person

Quote & transparency

By stripes4me4/2 17:34Sun Feb 4 17:34:46 2024In response to BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 835

Willing to be corrected if I got this wrong.

I am sure Garry Holliday stood on stage on Wednesday evening & said we are not here to make a profit, we will be totally transparent.

Well the talk in the paper of his backers investment, assets & a return are totally at odds with what was said by him on Wednesday.

GREAT START TO TRANSPARENCY THAT IS.

Re: Quote & transparency

By almost average 24/2 18:02Sun Feb 4 18:02:40 2024In response to Quote & transparency Top of thread

Views: 749

He was asked at the forum if the investors would want a return and he said yes . As far as i can see he's not saying anything he didn't say on Wednesday . Being transparent sometimes means giving people answers they don't want to hear but surely that's better than just saying what keeps people happy .

By stripes4me4/2 18:11Sun Feb 4 18:11:59 2024In response to Re: Quote & transparency Top of thread

Views: 718

Definitely said they are not here to make a profit, so which is it?
I do not recall the contradiction about investors wanting a return.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 18:18Sun Feb 4 18:18:24 2024In response to Re: Quote & transparency Top of thread

Views: 720

I THINK and I stress I THINK

Is H&H would put money in (and not expect back) to get the club up and running. Then with spectators and sponsors (some national) the club would be self sufficient.

That was my over all view in that subject - how that can be achieved (and move back to Nuneaton) is in the detail.

By almost average 24/2 18:15Sun Feb 4 18:15:28 2024In response to Re: Quote & transparency Top of thread

Views: 702

He said they were not here to make a profit but he would need to bring in investors who had no connection to the club so would expect a return .

What VS says is correct then someone asked if these investors would expect a return .

Edited by almost average 2 at 18:22:01 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 17:53Sun Feb 4 17:53:22 2024In response to Quote & transparency Top of thread

Views: 713

I struggled to understand what was being said.

Got the feeling he tried to say “the right thing” but didn’t really back it up. I didn’t really learn much.

Re: BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT

By Jebbs4/2 16:39Sun Feb 4 16:39:04 2024In response to BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 827

Who used the Club as a cash cow previously?
Who previously used the Club to gain valuable land and then used it as their asset / pension fund?
Who were the last owners to make any kind of money from owning the club?

By stripes4me4/2 17:20Sun Feb 4 17:20:23 2024In response to Re: BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 767

Stocker, Thorn, Neale, Hawkins, Smurthwaite all made something out the club/stadiums in recent years, not forgetting Arden Tigress will be getting their pound of flesh at some point.

Sure there would be many others over the years.

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:41Sun Feb 4 16:41:25 2024In response to Re: BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 851

Thorn bought in to use the ground as his pension fund.

It didn't work out for him.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By stripes4me5/2 07:20Mon Feb 5 07:20:16 2024In response to Re: BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 553

Absolutely true,he actually said that in am interview

By Gustavus4/2 15:37Sun Feb 4 15:37:23 2024In response to BACKERS WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT Top of thread

Views: 922

Good points

There might be an alternative yet

Let’s see!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 13:48Sun Feb 4 13:48:29 2024In response to Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 950

Stand out quote to me

GH: We wouldn't wait a year, we wouldn't want to deprive the community of a football club for a year.

I thought the people of Hinckley had a club (or 2)

By The_Hullablue4/2 13:51Sun Feb 4 13:51:35 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 963

A fee bits stood out for me

"One of the leads of the co-op is quite supportive, the other is quite anti. They are split, and if they are split then it stands to reason that the others are split."

And

“That would seem unlikely with the firm saddled with debts and no assets but it is understood there are stakeholders working in the background to fully understand the terms of the firm's lease with Arden Tigress, and whether the ongoing existence of Boro Leisure could influence a comeback being launched in Nuneaton.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By mark-nbfc4/2 16:48Sun Feb 4 16:48:03 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 757

The first quote is incorrect :)

---
Hope is not a plan.

By VoR4/2 14:30Sun Feb 4 14:30:07 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 902

IMO, once the dust has settled, a return to LW should not be ruled out, it would be a common-sense commercial decision.

Edit:

Just think about it...

If the FA decide that AFC Nuneaton are deemed to be the continuation of the old club, after the resolution of what happens to Boro Leisure, then that means AFC Nuneaton would hold the bargaining chips for a return to the town.

Edited by VoR at 14:37:29 on 4th February 2024

By Hgblue4/2 20:10Sun Feb 4 20:10:23 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 584

Both Stuart Eliot and H&H specifically said a return to Liberty Way is a no no.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)4/2 15:27Sun Feb 4 15:27:01 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 831

Would the landlord or boro be responsible for upgrading the stadium to championship level and installing the new state of the art electric turnstiles ?

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:23Sun Feb 4 15:23:22 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 813

You "oh dear"d me yesterday when I discussed returning to LW.

What bargaining chip do.you think AFC would hold that Boro Leisure did not?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 15:30Sun Feb 4 15:30:21 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 841

If they were considered by the FA to be the continuation of the old club.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 15:43Sun Feb 4 15:43:21 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 801

Can I suggest you listed to some who knows (video available on this forum).

(Paraphrase) The FA take these things seriously and will need to be provided with evidence the new club is the natural successor to the old club and this takes at least 5 years.

By Gustavus4/2 15:45Sun Feb 4 15:45:41 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 814

And the argument the last time was that new entities - even when the successor club - are not bound by previous legal agreements.

Edited by Gustavus at 15:45:51 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:39Sun Feb 4 15:39:36 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 818

So being the old club wasn't a bargaining tool, but the FA saying they are the same could be?

Have a think about that for a minute.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 15:53Sun Feb 4 15:53:53 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 796

In so far as the new club is considered to be the continuation, as far as the FA are concerned, no-one else.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 15:57Sun Feb 4 15:57:03 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 784

LISTEN TO WHAT ANDY WALSH SAID - he is the expert

By VoR4/2 16:27Sun Feb 4 16:27:00 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 727

Andy Walsh I believe is refering to a new club wishing to adopt the name of the old club (a Bury situation).

The NLP article relates to the FA's immediate position.

If Boro Leisure were no longer in existence on 31st March, then the FA could identify with AFC Nuneaton as being a continuation of the old club (but not in name) & place AFC Nuneaton at a higher level.

If Boro Leisure are still in existence on 31st March, then the FA could consider AFC Nuneaton as being a completely new club at place them at a lower level.

I think this is JE's concern with GH's proposals, because the reality is that Boro Leisure will still be in existence on 31st March.

It is an FA technicality.

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:29Sun Feb 4 16:29:51 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 733

And how is anyone this a "bargaining tool" to move into LW?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 16:42Sun Feb 4 16:42:10 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 725

GH has stated an objective to return to Nuneaton in 2 to 3 years.

Depending on the level at which AFC Nuneaton are placed by the FA will determine the extent of those ambitions.

What concerns me about GH's comments, is the extent of the different combinations of backing he can expect in different circumstances (?)

If he is faced by that challenge to convince his investors to back his proposals, he needs to start off from a sound base-line.

If AFC Nuneaton are eventually considered by the FA to be the continuation of the old club (but not in name), if he wants to progress with any surety of tenure, then a return to LW (IMO) would give him that, as opposed to believing he will be able to return to Nuneaton & play in a new Stadium within the next 2 to 3 years, which I think is very bullish & needlessly over-optimistic.

Just my thoughts!

Edited by VoR at 16:42:31 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:43:10 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:44:06 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:45:12 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:48Sun Feb 4 16:48:21 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 711

So, in short, the FA deciding AFC is a continuation of Boro would give H&H exact no bargaining power with AT.

Is that an accurate summary?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 16:50Sun Feb 4 16:50:07 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 709

What makes you come to that conclusion?

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:51Sun Feb 4 16:51:03 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Reading what you wrote.

And applying common sense to it.

Is your conclusion different?

Why do YOU think the FA decision would give AFC a bargaining chip with AT?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 16:52Sun Feb 4 16:52:14 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 712

It would give more credibility to H&H.

By bert's dad5/2 07:40Mon Feb 5 07:40:57 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 458

There is no chance Boro will return to liberty Way. Arden Tigress do not want us. Also why would any owner of any Boro reincarnation want to be put back into a situation where Arden Tigress are pulling all the strings?

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:58Sun Feb 4 16:58:41 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 683

In who's eyes?

The people who did not want to deal with the actual club?
The people who did not want to deal with H&H last month?

How will this change that?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 16:46Sun Feb 4 16:46:59 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 703

Might AT have a say in this - they are the owners?

By VoR4/2 16:48Sun Feb 4 16:48:06 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 716

They are successful businessmen.

Successful busunessmen look at all options.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)4/2 17:11Sun Feb 4 17:11:22 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 684

He has looked at all options and decided he would rather have it homeless and growing weeds than a football team in it

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 16:51Sun Feb 4 16:51:10 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 715

Thanks

Thankfully absolute no examples of “successful business men” screwing up football clubs. I can rest easy.

You seem to be happy with Leicester Road then a move to Nuneaton. Have you any ideas. I did think of Pingles (I was corrected) and there is Avenue Road and Jubillee..

By VoR4/2 16:54Sun Feb 4 16:54:26 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 728

I was referring to AT as being successful businessmen.

Gala Field is the obvious choice for a new Stadium.

By Greg (NBFC)5/2 10:22Mon Feb 5 10:22:01 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 501

No - Gala Field is one choice, and you have stopped considering others because you think it's the obvious one.

By Vernon25/2 11:25Mon Feb 5 11:25:13 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 485

SAA at The Pavilion would suffice for a couple or three seasons. There will be no players worth their salt from leagues above available to sign. Or a manager to be truthful. It will dawn soon on many just what has happened and the magnitude of the crash.

2 people like this 2 people

By almost average 25/2 12:53Mon Feb 5 12:53:25 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 398

Think the biggest factor fans need to wake upto is unless we're prepared to play at a low level for years there just isn't a ground available to us within Nuneaton until we can build one and that in itself will take years and cost a lot .

By VoR5/2 13:06Mon Feb 5 13:06:52 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 397

Warwickshire County Council Highways will have a major influence on any potential sites in Nuneaton, due to the congested nature of our road network.

That's why Gala Field is a good opportunity.

It is on the 'ring road' & already possesses a 4-way signalised junction.

It would have a much better chance of ticking WCC's boxes.

Highways England are responsible for the Motorways & major trunk roads & would look at the impact Gala Field would have on traffic flows between the M6 motorway junction 4, in one direction & the Dodwells Bridge roundabout in the other direction.

To me, Gala Field is a no-brainer, because it has the ability to tick so many other Planning boxes.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)5/2 13:19Mon Feb 5 13:19:54 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 401

Might the owners have something to say.

Each end of Avenue Road can be a nightmare, and (I believe) these are the only two ways in

By Vernon25/2 13:22Mon Feb 5 13:22:24 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 401

You need to try Harrogate FC.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)5/2 13:23Mon Feb 5 13:23:50 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 464

Rushden was a nightmare.

I enjoyed trips to Harrogate but parking was a mare …. I wonder how they coming when big clubs come visiting

By VoR5/2 13:23Mon Feb 5 13:23:35 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 388

Hopefully one day!

By Vernon25/2 13:00Mon Feb 5 13:00:08 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 387

Agreed. But if the new club gets into the LR Stadium they can play Billy Big Time with the offer to players to play at a Southern League level. That could turn a few heads.

By VoR5/2 13:11Mon Feb 5 13:11:48 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 372

I look at it as being a kindness to the Boro supporters, in that GH is prepared to offer the fans an opportunity to watch our potential new club play in a National League Stadium, to take some of the disappointment away from dropping however many levels in the Pyramid.

Just my thoughts!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)5/2 13:22Mon Feb 5 13:22:00 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 387

Perhaps we should approach the owners of CBSA - give the Boro fans the opportunity to watch football at an Olympic stadium - probably closer than Hinckley Road and only homes one team at the moment.

And their lights are the best possible.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:22:49 on 5th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 17:03Sun Feb 4 17:03:45 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 753

And my point was “successful businessman” does not equate to being able to run a football club.

As Andy illustrated - look at Darlington for an extreme example - for other examples look at just about every football club in the country

By VoR4/2 17:23Sun Feb 4 17:23:20 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Using your logic then, should CHR be allowed to join the Co-op's Steering Group?

Edit:

Who else on the Co-op's Board are successful businessmen?

Edited by VoR at 17:25:12 on 4th February 2024

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)4/2 19:41Sun Feb 4 19:41:40 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 602

I’m guessing CHR is me ….

My affinities firmly lie with the fan base , they always have …

I’m not part of any sponsors tryst or consortiums . I only have the football clubs well being and future sustainability for generations to come .
I believe that the only way forward for our club is a significant fan involvement….
How that works is something for discussion , of which I intend to be very much part of …
UTB

Edited by Camp hill reserves at 19:46:07 on 4th February 2024
Edited by Camp hill reserves at 19:55:39 on 4th February 2024

5 people like this 5 people

By The_Hullablue4/2 17:42Sun Feb 4 17:42:45 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 731

Who are/is CHR?

What do you think the steering committee is going to do?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)5/2 08:58Mon Feb 5 08:58:37 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 484

I would suggest a lot more than the previous chairman JD did.

By VoR4/2 18:38Sun Feb 4 18:38:50 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 660

Camp Hill Reserves.

Regarding the Co-op, I would hope that they make a statement very soon to make absolutely clear what their intentions are?

My concern is what they are saying at the moment isn't clear & could conflict with their mission statement, to take over & run the Club, if necessary, either in part or in total.

I am also concerned that as JE stated at Monday's meeting, their current membership of 120 members only represents 20% of the fanbase & so their involvement now needs to be carefully managed.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Steering Group recommend, going forward.

Edited by VoR at 18:39:07 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 18:39:37 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 18:40:18 on 4th February 2024

By bert's dad5/2 07:44Mon Feb 5 07:44:29 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 509

Can we start using real names. I haven’t a clue who JE is.

By VoR5/2 08:52Mon Feb 5 08:52:39 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 483

Jim Evans, the Treasurer of the Supporters Co-op.

By ManorParkBlue5/2 08:51Mon Feb 5 08:51:14 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 474

Joe Exotic

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 18:46Sun Feb 4 18:46:54 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 632

The did last Monday
They released two videos
They are meeting tomorrow
They are meeting the members (at worse) 4 weeks of 1st meeting

I agree - best they hurry things and report on speculation and fuel rumours rather than do things properly

By VoR4/2 18:49Sun Feb 4 18:49:10 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 614

Yes, a lot of water will pass under the bridge in the next 4 weeks.

By The_Hullablue4/2 18:41Sun Feb 4 18:41:44 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 632

I asked two questions.

You answer one in three words.

The you ignore the second one totally and go off down a new path.

Have yiu ever had an actual conversation with another human who paid attention to your utterances?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 18:46Sun Feb 4 18:46:03 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 612

I am not a mind-reader.

Ask them yourself.

I have my concerns about their position that need answering to my satisfaction but that is only me, others may feel differently.

Once those concerns have been resolved I will have a better understanding of what they may be intending to do but I won't know until they make their real intentions known?

Edited by VoR at 18:46:23 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 18:52Sun Feb 4 18:52:16 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 624

The joy with a co-operative is you have the opportunity to raise your concerns

By VoR4/2 19:08Sun Feb 4 19:08:41 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 596

I think there needs to be a sense of proportion excercised here!

GH's comments suggest that he believes the Co-op are split, that is his first impression & with a membership of 120 only representing 20% of the fanbase, IMO, caution needs to be aired.

The Co-op needs to be mindful that it cannot set itself up to be sole arbiter of the supporters wishes over the coming weeks & JE has acknowledged that in his comments about possibly holding a vote, to involve the entire fanbase in any future decision making/inclusion going forward.

Edited by VoR at 19:09:03 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 19:09:46 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 19:30Sun Feb 4 19:30:33 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 573

How about you set up an alternative to the coop.

What organisation can say it represents 100% view of its members

Oh - how many of H&H group can consider themselves represent supporters - I would guess less about 0.6% or 1 who was present on Wednesday.

By VoR4/2 19:43Sun Feb 4 19:43:33 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 557

You cannot expect to be a ruling party on 20% of the vote.

Edit:

The warning bells rang for me when I read GH's comments about having a Stadium something like LHR would be "phenomenal".

That suggests to me the limitations in his thinking & that he doesn't yet fully understand the process.

Until he fully understands the process & can demonstrate that to his investors, his proposals will be lacking in detail.

Edit:

That goes for anyone else with ideas of setting up the new Boro.

Edited by VoR at 19:47:56 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 19:48:40 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 19:49:04 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 19:49:26 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 20:03Sun Feb 4 20:03:24 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 562

The EU referendum had a massive turn out, but only 37% of those eligible to vote voted to leave the EU.

It’s how democracies and the democratic process works.

37% is more than voted Tory. I don’t think they even had the majority of those who did vote. The same (less than 50%) will probably be true next election

Democracy over dictatorship?

The coop will look at the options and report back to the membership and (if needed) vote on any options

I think it was something like 0.05% of the population voted for truss or Sunak and many of those could not vote in a GE due to age.

Edited by VS Boro at 20:04:54 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 20:06:00 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 17:25Sun Feb 4 17:25:27 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 661

Who is CHR?

By VoR4/2 17:26Sun Feb 4 17:26:11 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 671

Camp Hill Reserves.

By The_Hullablue4/2 17:43Sun Feb 4 17:43:42 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 660

Oh in that case, absolutely.

He fits the criteria needed to play a part.
1, be a member of co-op
2, be willing to be on the steering committee.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 17:28Sun Feb 4 17:28:56 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 669

Yes - If he a member and can bring something to the table then why not.

Same if Richard Branson. Yourself, Hulla, me, LukeS or whoever.

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:57Sun Feb 4 16:57:38 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 681

What have they done successfully?

And Liberty Way is THE obvious choice.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue4/2 16:50Sun Feb 4 16:50:05 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 703

Define successful from a business point of view, and then list what H&H have dine to tick those boxes, and also what they have done that goes against those.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:55Sun Feb 4 15:55:57 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 771

I am confused by how confused you are.

What does the FA have to do with AFC Nuneaton moving to Nuneaton?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 15:34Sun Feb 4 15:34:31 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 786

So the FA will instruct AT that AFCN must return to liberty way?

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:33Sun Feb 4 15:33:39 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 804

Errr - wasn't it the old club that AT had issues with? Being a continuation of that old club would probably be a disincentive for AT to engage.

2 people like this 2 people

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:14Sun Feb 4 15:14:33 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 827

Nope. However you look at it, AT hold all the bargaining chips for a return to LW.

And wasn't it just a few minutes ago you were saying that any new club should have a new stadium?

By VoR4/2 15:17Sun Feb 4 15:17:26 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 793

That comment still applies.

Like Hulla I found the second comment he highlighted from the NLP article to be interesting.

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:24Sun Feb 4 15:24:12 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 797

Oh dear.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:34Sun Feb 4 15:34:14 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 774

:)

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 13:55Sun Feb 4 13:55:43 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 867

Only read on my phone - going to have to get off this comfy settee (again).

😴😴

My view (from afar) is one coop lead was not publically impressed but others neutral and diplomatic

Edited by VS Boro at 13:57:18 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 13:57:40 on 4th February 2024

By Gustavus4/2 14:42Sun Feb 4 14:42:43 2024In response to Re: Non league paper Top of thread

Views: 833

Yep and I think most of it is out of date now - not sure when NLP deadline was?

Previous thread: UK Government White Paper on introducing a Football Regulator by VoR5/2 09:03Mon Feb 5 09:03:53 2024view thread