Return to front page

Newest article: Re: April 200 Club draw result by Unnamed SauceYesterday 19:41Yesterday at 19:41:11view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Decisions by bookworm113/2 15:26Tue Feb 13 15:26:42 2024view thread

The new CIC…

By ManorParkBlue8/2 08:15Thu Feb 8 08:15:19 2024

Views: 1854

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/15444433

reply to this article | return to the front page

Curious and even more curious. (DA)

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)8/2 08:36Thu Feb 8 08:36:28 2024In response to The new CIC…Top of thread

Views: 1697

I doubt its the NEW one, but who knows.

Two companies setup by Dan in June-23 now have new people with significant control................... A Mr Mr David Anderson!!!!!!!

NBFC SPORTS LIMITED & NBFC HOSPITALITY LIMITED

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14936824/filing-history
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14936815

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 08:36:45 on 8th February 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 08:39:57 on 8th February 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 08:40:08 on 8th February 2024

Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)

By ManorParkBlue8/2 08:51Thu Feb 8 08:51:25 2024In response to Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1519

These two are responsible for the gala fields project.

Engaged with the club a few years back.

Didn’t the co op say they won’t be owning the club fully…0

By VoR8/2 10:58Thu Feb 8 10:58:13 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1451

Pete Tierney was involved with the Boro & was a member of the Operational Board.

I believe he was First Team Strength & Conditioning Coach at the Sky Blues & I believe he now has that role at Birmingham City, with their Academy.

He is very passionate about sport in the Community & has lots of energy & commitment for that passion.

I have met him.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)8/2 11:09Thu Feb 8 11:09:19 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1406

I believe he was First Team Strength & Conditioning Coach at the Sky Blues

So a hairdresser then.
The games lost.

By VoR8/2 11:18Thu Feb 8 11:18:36 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1408

He is a very driven individual & would IMO be a great asset to any future community venture in the town.

By BoroNotBoro8/2 15:29Thu Feb 8 15:29:15 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1352

I'm sure that he'll appreciate the personal character reference

1 person likes this 1 person

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)8/2 15:33Thu Feb 8 15:33:36 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1313

No text

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 15:33:54 on 8th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 17:58Thu Feb 8 17:58:12 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1262

Aww c'mon S&V. You could at least put zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in there ;)

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)8/2 18:13Thu Feb 8 18:13:58 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1255

Sorry started watching Dune that film needed my attention couldn’t follow what was going on 😂

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By almost average 28/2 18:54Thu Feb 8 18:54:38 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1378

Sounds like a thread on here i've spent the last few months trying to work out what's going on .

By MJNB9/2 10:58Fri Feb 9 10:58:53 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1164

Unlike many, I’m happy to admit

A) I don’t have a clue what’s gone on
B) I don’t have a clue what’s gonna happen
C) I’m not ‘in the know’
D) I don’t know what’s best for the club fan owned or investor wise
E) I want Boro to succeed, but don’t think we will

6 people like this 6 people

By boro4410/2 16:43Sat Feb 10 16:43:23 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 730

I think we will, but it’s not going to happen overnight , that’s for sure.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)10/2 17:00Sat Feb 10 17:00:56 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 811

I think one problem in the recent past and probably a bigger problem in the short/medium term is people’s expectation of what a semi pro club with 600 (900 max when doing very well) can achieve.

Even realistic expectations over the last few years have to be lowered.

yup

By joetowny (Joe)10/2 12:56Sat Feb 10 12:56:18 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 809

after 72 yrs of following this once great little club ( first game 1952 )
im out... full stop

Edited by Joe at 12:59:39 on 10th February 2024

Well don't be a stranger

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))10/2 15:13Sat Feb 10 15:13:18 2024In response to yup Top of thread

Views: 798

Because we still haven't had that pint. I'm old school. I like sane posters.

I mean technically, we are are all out for the moment.

But who knows what the future may bring?

Technically I feel about 105.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)9/2 13:51Fri Feb 9 13:51:16 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1074

f) Trust the process

;-)

By MJNB9/2 18:03Fri Feb 9 18:03:42 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 915

Hard to trust cryptic clues, secrets and still a lack of transparency. Hopefully that changes soon but we’ll see.

By Gustavus9/2 22:06Fri Feb 9 22:06:09 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 812

Not sure there is much more to be known at the moment mate

Hopefully proper announcements follow

I think we have had a lucky escape with the other proposal

We simply have to get it right this time. It’s not the time to swallow whatever is said without scrutiny! Happened too many times!

By Jebbs9/2 22:14Fri Feb 9 22:14:48 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 786

Not sure there is much more to be known at the moment mate

The Co-op has said it's supporting/backing a group of sponsors in setting up a Club.
I'd like to consider giving my support/backing to them too... sadly I haven't a clue who they are.
Why the secrecy?

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:51Sun Feb 11 12:51:06 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 618

I think we all need te remember the basic idea of the Co-op/sponsors/community proposal was made less than a week ago. It takes time to do the legal bits and get things moving. I would hope more detail will follow as things are put in place.

By Jebbs11/2 13:04Sun Feb 11 13:04:04 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 618

Is it really a legal matter to tell us who is forming the Club?
Did H&H have to do something legally to say "Hi, its us"?
I'd have the thought this "group of sponsors" would have somehow introduced themselves and then told us who they all are. Then get on with all the legal bits.

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 13:13Sun Feb 11 13:13:33 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 619

Maybe the Co-op saw what happened when H&H launched their plan publicly without first getting the sponsors onside, and decided to avoid that debacle. I understand perfectly that from a business point of view they at least want the ducks in the park, even if not in a row.

By Jebbs11/2 13:19Sun Feb 11 13:19:11 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 640

I'm a patient bloke Gregg... I can't help but think it's all been done arse backwards but I'll sit quietly in the dark whilst waiting for news on who these nameless people are.

I told you last week who the Discreet Dozen are

By The_Hullablue11/2 13:29Sun Feb 11 13:29:48 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 654

1, Stuart Elliot
2, George Eliot
3, William White
4, Mary Whitehouse
5, Elliott Whitehouse
6, Bill Berry from REM
7, Larry Grayson
8, Mary Ann Evans
9, a group from Camphill
10, Some blokes from Hill Top
11, Monk D'Wally D'Honk
12, Nicholas Lyndhurst

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 13:08Sun Feb 11 13:08:41 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 625

With respect to the newer initiative.

Proper procedure has to be followed.
With the coop meeting there was a show of hands to pursue an alternative and set up a working party (which I believe met for the 1st time last Monday) to move things forward. They have stated that another meeting will be held within a month.
They also have the help of the FSA who can advise and help.

By Jebbs11/2 13:14Sun Feb 11 13:14:37 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 609

I'd have thought proper procedure would be the people forming a club to introduce themselves to the people they hope would soon be their customers.
Then the coop steering group saying it would put it to its membership to see if its members back the proposal.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 13:17Sun Feb 11 13:17:09 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 601

The coop will only part of the proposed new group, but they are leading the initiative. The initiative would probably have occurred without the coop, but having the coop included shows intent.

The constitution is being worked on.

By Gustavus11/2 13:36Sun Feb 11 13:36:15 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 617

I think the crucial thing with the coop is they give any bid credibility.

The FA will have to decide if there is a continuity club and if so they will probably play at a higher level,

This is why HH is snookered by CoOp position.

4 people like this 4 people

By The_Hullablue11/2 13:51Sun Feb 11 13:51:11 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 609

They do give it credibility which is why they need to be very careful when giving that credibility.

I have major misgivings about both plans, mainly due to lack of details in lots and lots of areas.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By Gustavus11/2 13:55Sun Feb 11 13:55:28 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 662

That’s fair comment

I was explaining why their endorsement is important and has a material impact!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 13:44Sun Feb 11 13:44:06 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 641

I am not really bothered about "continuity". To me the Nuneaton Boro is dead. In the past, at least continuity with the ground remained.

To others the name is important (so why not "Town" as that shows continuity from where the Towns club actually started).

I have no doubt, whatever the club is called those following will still call it "The Boro" (as with Stafford and Stevenage and I dare say others).

To me, what is important is a club, thats sustainable playing in Nuneaton is the important thing. Thats why I initially thought the Griff could carry the mantle with the hope they could progress.

All those Nuneaton Town songs..

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))11/2 16:01Sun Feb 11 16:01:53 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 737

Do you remember them? Fondly? All those "Come On The Town" chants?

No. And neither do I. Because there weren't any The songs and all the talk on here was (and probably always will be) of "The Boro."

It isn't the fault of ordinary Boro' fans who have poured thousands of pounds into various incarnations over the years, that a bunch of idiots came along and destroyed it. I started following The Boro about 1987. I would still if those f****** hadn't ***** everything up.

Whatever form any future Phoenix club might take:

AFC Nuneaton
Sporting Camp Hill
Real Donnithorne
Inter Attleborough
Nuneatpn Town AFC
Nuneaton Rangers
Maxstoke Priory
Shire Horse Turnstiles F.C.
Hinckley London Road (ok maybe not that one)

-to most of us it will ALWAYS still be The Boro'

3 people like this 3 people

Re: All those Nuneaton Town songs..

By Vernon211/2 20:33Sun Feb 11 20:33:22 2024In response to All those Nuneaton Town songs..Top of thread

Views: 698

Real Donnithorne. . . Brilliant.

Re: All those Nuneaton Town songs..

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))12/2 18:33Mon Feb 12 18:33:42 2024In response to Re: All those Nuneaton Town songs..Top of thread

Views: 361

They would take out Barwell and Needham. No sweat.

By Gustavus11/2 13:45Sun Feb 11 13:45:33 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 681

I think it is very important in terms of the application to the FA and which League the new club is put in!

By Gustavus9/2 22:16Fri Feb 9 22:16:36 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 858

I think they are speaking in general terms.

I don’t think there is a proposal.

And it’s not the coop it’s the steering group.

Any proposal has to be made to all the members.

There’s a long way to go yet!

Edited by Gustavus at 22:17:14 on 9th February 2024

By VoR9/2 22:26Fri Feb 9 22:26:22 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 832

Another game of musical chairs with financial responsibility?

The Co-op seem to be averse to share ownership, so that leads to the formation of a CIC, limited by guarantee.

I'm not sure the Co-op would be too happy with that either?

A pointer could be:-

Chester City Supporters Society Ltd., trading as Chester Football Club, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which has no major shareholders.

Edited by VoR at 22:27:05 on 9th February 2024

By Gustavus9/2 22:28Fri Feb 9 22:28:17 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 764

A lot of noise there but not much light

Are you randomly generating comments? AI Buffoon?

By VoR9/2 22:32Fri Feb 9 22:32:34 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 767

Registered Societies are very popular.

Scarborough Athletic FC Society Ltd.,

I would think they have looked at their best options.

Hinckley AFC are a Mutual Benefit Society.

I am sure they would explain their reasoning why?

Chester looks a well thought out route, no major shareholders.

By Gustavus9/2 22:33Fri Feb 9 22:33:28 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 775

Thanks for confirming it is a randomly generated AI Buffoon!

By VoR9/2 23:04Fri Feb 9 23:04:43 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 729

"Most community owned football clubs are set up as community benefit societies"

- quote Football Supporters Association.

Edit:

Chester City Supporters Society Ltd., are a Community Benefit Society.

Edited by VoR at 23:07:24 on 9th February 2024

By Jebbs9/2 22:23Fri Feb 9 22:23:01 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 773

The Supporters Co-operative is supporting a group of sponsors and sporting bodies within the community to build a club and team for the future.

By Gustavus9/2 22:25Fri Feb 9 22:25:02 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 775

Well not going to argue with you there I don’t think they should say that.

I also wish people would stop lying about what happened with LW. If they were honest there might still be a chance to go back. But it will take a hell of a lot of work after all the lies!

By VoR9/2 22:29Fri Feb 9 22:29:06 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 767

That would make perfect commercial business sense.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)9/2 18:31Fri Feb 9 18:31:55 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 883

Not sure that is the case , if it was I wouldn’t be involved

It’s not something anyone can deliver within a couple of hours
Short term is establishing a club next season , how it looks/run and its pledges to the community going forward

Personally speaking I have nothing but the best interest of the entire fan base , the club and the future of football in the town I don’t speak for the entire fan base that’s so difficult given the poor management we’ve suffered for decades .. the battle scars run deep

I’m super excited for the first time in a long time …
Much love 💙🤍💙
Have a great weekend UTB

4 people like this 4 people

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 08:55Thu Feb 8 08:55:04 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1527

Are you absolutely sure they are " responsible for the gala fields project"? Do they even have any kind of claim to Gala Fields?

By ManorParkBlue8/2 09:24Thu Feb 8 09:24:15 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1430

Yes.

If you read the “Articles of Association” on companies house.

“The company is working to deliver a 3G pitch along with an advance grass pitch”

By bert's dad8/2 14:52Thu Feb 8 14:52:05 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1292

“Working to deliver” means nothing.

Edited by bert's dad at 14:52:18 on 8th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 09:32Thu Feb 8 09:32:03 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1357

Does that show they have an actual, real claim to Gala Fields? Or even any sort of agreement with NBBC (who apparently own GF)? Or is it just a statement of intent that will now never be followed through?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)8/2 09:22Thu Feb 8 09:22:33 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1360

Set up in preparation?

By danborofc8/2 08:41Thu Feb 8 08:41:04 2024In response to Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1428

When the club was sold, he purchased those companies inclusive of the whole deal. They are still legally his companies.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)8/2 08:47Thu Feb 8 08:47:05 2024In response to Re: Curious and even more curious. (DA)Top of thread

Views: 1416

So, its just a legacy of when he owned the club for a few days.

Re: The new CIC…

By Jebbs8/2 08:23Thu Feb 8 08:23:14 2024In response to The new CIC…Top of thread

Views: 1516

Maybe a proper new style of kit is on the cards.

Previous thread: FC United of Manchester - Community Benefit Society by VoR10/2 08:22Sat Feb 10 08:22:50 2024view thread