Return to front page

Newest article: Re: April 200 Club draw result by Unnamed SauceYesterday 19:41Yesterday at 19:41:11view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ex players by VS Dysfunctional18/2 09:30Sun Feb 18 09:30:31 2024view thread

Hinckley Leicester Road

By The_Hullablue15/2 20:56Thu Feb 15 20:56:36 2024

Views: 1472

https://www.hinckleylrfc.co.uk/news/ground-sharing-rumours-2833560.html

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hinckley Leicester Road

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 21:48Thu Feb 15 21:48:06 2024In response to Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1198

Interesting.

Particularly cost as I Nuneaton Borough ruled it out due to cost.

Reading last paragraph.......

To summarise, any club that believes ground sharing at our Leicester Road stadium could be an option would need to be able to cover the cost in the maintenance uplift in addition to the stadium hire fee as well as accept that any agreement would be conditional on accepting that their fixtures would rank secondary to ALL Hinckley Leicester Road Football Club fixtures

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By Jebbs16/2 07:52Fri Feb 16 07:52:57 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1037

So whoever plays there will have to pay extra and they'll be playing on alternate Saturdays?

By HinckleyOldBoy16/2 20:24Fri Feb 16 20:24:13 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 875

Not wishing to pour salt over open wounds but you have to respect the stance that Hinckley Leicester Road have taken. They took the moral high ground and did not got involved in all the here-say and rumours, they have just stated their position in a formal statement.
I was fortunate to be present when they spoke openly in their bar about the various approaches from the Nuneaton factions since October going through the pros and cons of ground sharing. I have to admit they didn't mention many, if any positives and see it as a major distraction from their own club's development.
What they did state was that they saw no benefit in ground sharing with a junior team, which the new Nuneaton team will be, who want to use the ground on the cheap so they can spend all their money on players! Do clubs pay players at NLS steps 8 or 7?
That statement sounded quite fair and reasonable to me but I fully appreciate that I am only looking at the situation as a neutral and not a die-hard Boro fan!
Hopefully the new Nuneaton club choose to save their money for buying a plot of land and building their own ground in Nuneaton?
So lets hope a new Nuneaton team is formed for next season and I wish you well whatever division you get put in.

4 people like this 4 people

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)16/2 20:43Fri Feb 16 20:43:09 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 826

Thing is. the people wanting to start a new team certainly gave the impression that a ground share at Leicester Road was a "done deal" at their "presentation". I (and others) were surprised for a new reasons.

By HinckleyOldBoy16/2 21:54Fri Feb 16 21:54:15 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 794

At the open discussion I was party to, they made it very clear that for any ground share to be even considered they needed to make an offer that Hinckley Leicester Road could not refuse and based on the lack of progress with an agreement, clearly that has not happened!
I must admit that whilst clearly Leicester Road Stadium is probably the best non league stadium within the Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire region, I sincerely hope that the new Nuneaton team finds a base in Nuneaton and re-establishes the club as a major force in non league football again.
Just imagine how many Nuneaton supporters would go to Wembley if the new team were to get to the final of the FA Vase?

2 people like this 2 people

By Jebbs17/2 09:04Sat Feb 17 09:04:50 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 741

At the open discussion I was party to, they made it very clear that for any ground share to be even considered they needed to make an offer that Hinckley Leicester Road could not refuse and based on the lack of progress with an agreement, clearly that has not happened!

One faction (H&H) made a statement they were no longer pursuing establishing a new Club, could be the reason why there's been a lack of progress as they don't need a ground now.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)17/2 09:41Sat Feb 17 09:41:57 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 710

I thought they had withdrawn their withdrawal.

1 person likes this 1 person

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 10:05Sat Feb 17 10:05:18 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 733

Will repeat again they had been asked by supporters to continue, they have not said they are continuing as of yet

By The_Hullablue17/2 13:26Sat Feb 17 13:26:07 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 634

I think they are continuing, despite saying they would bot. I think they have been talking to people about possible groubdshares.
They cannot be trusted.
On anything.
They have lied, accused others of lying when they have been truthful, and have denied writing things, even when presented wit the proof of them writing it.
They have gone back on their word several times.
They are not to be trusted.

So, in that respect, perfect people to run a football club in Nuneaton.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 13:30Sat Feb 17 13:30:48 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 674

In your opinion

By The_Hullablue17/2 15:16Sat Feb 17 15:16:14 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 597

Which bit did you disagree with?

Lots of what I said was fact, not opinion.

Would be very interested to know which bits you didn't agree with.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 17:33Sat Feb 17 17:33:46 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 545

Lots of what I said was fact, not opinion.

Was any of it opinion?

By The_Hullablue17/2 17:37Sat Feb 17 17:37:30 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 524

"So, in that respect, perfect people to run a football club in Nuneaton"

That was opinion.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers17/2 14:12Sat Feb 17 14:12:15 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 609

Anyone following these chancers are the usual gullible supporters of a football club, did you not read the statement they put out about walking away because they didn’t want to divide the fan base before you guessed it dividing the fan base by doing a u-turn.
Get the very long barge poles out.

3 people like this 3 people

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 17:30Sat Feb 17 17:30:20 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 546

The fan base was already split

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)17/2 17:40Sat Feb 17 17:40:49 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 543

But to between two (potential) clubs

By almost average 217/2 17:37Sat Feb 17 17:37:12 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 540

Whatever some might think of H&H they aren't responsible for the mess we're in and they certainly haven't split anyone that was done long before they come along .

3 people like this 3 people

By The_Hullablue17/2 17:38Sat Feb 17 17:38:40 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 550

Seeing as they have admitted having conversations with Kyle about budgets and wages for players when he was Boro manager, they had some say in what was going in when we quit the league.
They are not blameless for the end, and are not blameless for thier actions now.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:15Sat Feb 17 18:15:42 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 514

Only my opinion. From what I've seen/read.
H&H are 100% blameless in the shit show.
Having conversations with people about what may or may not be happening at some point in the future? Nah.. not for me. Bit embarrassing really, blame the ones responsible.

By The_Hullablue17/2 18:25Sat Feb 17 18:25:24 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 508

No, they were talking to Kyle about this season.
They were that involved (or have claimed to be) after JG stood down as manager that they were discussing budgets and wages with the manager before the club withdrew from the league.

Oh and trust me, I know who I blame for what happened, but when Harris tries to sponsorshame Elliott he has to be sure his hands are clean, and they are not!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 19:06Sat Feb 17 19:06:14 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 492

Whilst trying to buy LW, why shouldn't they have been discussing things with KS at that stage? As usual you are so one eyed

By Wotnostrikers17/2 19:21Sat Feb 17 19:21:30 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 484

Better than cock eyed

By The_Hullablue17/2 19:16Sat Feb 17 19:16:05 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 487

They got as close to buying LW as I did.
Amd I was as close to meeting the asking price as they were.

And, IMO, if they want to discuss budgets with the manager, they need to take some responsibility for what happened next.
They walked away twice.
Why expect them to treat Boro fans any better a third time.

As usual, you are so one eyed.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 20:29Sat Feb 17 20:29:17 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 477

Stop talking out of your a**e

By The_Hullablue17/2 20:35Sat Feb 17 20:35:31 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 477

I'm not, you are just unwilling to listen.

You were as close to buying LW as H&H.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus17/2 20:49Sat Feb 17 20:49:06 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 469

And indeed the mythical Kash bid

By Gustavus17/2 19:11Sat Feb 17 19:11:52 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 486

They weren’t trying to buy LW

They haven’t got any money. All their plans revolve around bringing in funds from others - mainly local sponsors who have deserted them.

Of the two the only one with any resource is Holliday and he isn’t offering any funding,

It’s the same old story

Edited by Gustavus at 19:19:33 on 17th February 2024

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:32Sat Feb 17 18:32:08 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 531

His hands appear to be as clean as could possibly be in my opinion.
100% blameless in the death of Boro.

By Wotnostrikers17/2 19:22Sat Feb 17 19:22:49 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 468

There is still time

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 19:23Sat Feb 17 19:23:50 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 495

😂 😂

By The_Hullablue17/2 18:37Sat Feb 17 18:37:14 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 507

If he is to be believed, he was involved in setting the budget for the rest of this season.

That seems to be far more responsibility than a sponsor who has been putting money into Boro for 15 years or so.

He has come for SE several tines, mostly from a flawed knowledge base,

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:43Sat Feb 17 18:43:48 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 498

I've read what you put and see no reason to change my opinion that H&H are completely and utterly blameless in the death of the Club.

By The_Hullablue17/2 18:48Sat Feb 17 18:48:46 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 489

Fair enough.
Maybe Harris was lying about being actively involved in setting budgets before the plug was pulled.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:57Sat Feb 17 18:57:22 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Maybe he was telling the truth.
If he was it still doesn't change my opinion that he has absolutely nothing to do with the death of the Club.
The Club was virtually dead before his apparent conversations regarding any budget.
I've no knowledge of the man, haven't seen anything (apart from what others claim on here) of what he's said but if what you say is true I'm warming to the bloke. Sounds like he made an effort whilst others threw the towell I'm.

By The_Hullablue17/2 17:36Sat Feb 17 17:36:45 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 539

Yup, totally, but if a group say "we are walking away as we do not want to split the fan base", and then return to split it further, they are dishonest and dishonourable.
When people show you who they are, believe them.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 20:56Sat Feb 17 20:56:21 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 472

No they aren't, talking out your a**e again

By Wotnostrikers17/2 21:35Sat Feb 17 21:35:48 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 440

They really have got you hooked

By The_Hullablue17/2 21:00Sat Feb 17 21:00:16 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 472

Sorry Stone, I really am.

I want to be wrong on this.
I really do.

But they have run away twice and Harris is a compulsive liar as I have shown several times.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers17/2 10:35Sat Feb 17 10:35:19 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 693

Good let’s hope they don’t

By Jebbs17/2 09:45Sat Feb 17 09:45:27 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 706

There was gossip, haven't seen anything "official" on any of the old Clubs sites that they've been using.
Although , as usual with me.. I could have missed it.

By almost average 217/2 10:53Sat Feb 17 10:53:51 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 646

As far as i can tell and i probably know less than you
The Co-Op / sponsors consortium are moving towards starting a club but what stage there at who knows .
H&H would still like to start a club and maybe are still dabling with it but there motives & capabilities are unclear .

By Wotnostrikers17/2 11:00Sat Feb 17 11:00:02 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 692

I think their motives are clear they just want to own a football club and have looked at many.

By almost average 217/2 13:03Sat Feb 17 13:03:29 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 595

I more meant their motivation for owning a football club .

By boro4417/2 08:08Sat Feb 17 08:08:07 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 737

What’s the point a club in our position going somewhere , and from day one loosing money.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 12:04Sat Feb 17 12:04:16 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 623

Where do you think the supporters group are going to play!!! Out of Nuneaton

By Boro boy17/2 12:41Sat Feb 17 12:41:35 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 580

Bermuda. With boro leisure not being liquidated it means I think we’re going have to start at the every bottom

By The_Hullablue16/2 22:25Fri Feb 16 22:25:15 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 789

Thanks for your input.
I have two questions.
1, is Ku still involved at Leicester Road?
2, why did you choose to follow HLR rather than the supporters run club? I hope not, but I fear Boro fans will be facing a similar choice. Were you originally an Athletic or Town fan (was there an FC too?) , and did that have any bearing on your decision?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By HinckleyOldBoy16/2 22:57Fri Feb 16 22:57:42 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 773

Point 1: Yes it appears Ku pulls the strings at Hinckley Leicester Road and he seems very committed to the cause always chatting and mingling with the fans.
Point 2: I was a Hinckley Athletic shareholder and signed up with Hinckley AFC after Hinckley United folded. Hinckley AFC were so democratic they needed to have meeting to decide when they were going to have a meeting. Also many of those popular vocal supporters then were voted onto the board and unfortunately they couldn't manage themselves in the bathroom, never mind add value to a supporters run club that had the benefit of being setup by the Supporters Trust and quickly gaining 300+ members.
There was so much bickering and falling out at AFC that it became embarrassing. Practically all of the initial board have walked away. Gary Hancox a die-hard local football man who was one of the AFC founders hasn't been near the place for years, I was told the other day. He jumped ship from Leicester Road to the AFC and I am sure he must now think it was the worst decision he ever made.
I never thought I would turn to Leicester Road for my football fix and when I did I was pleasantly surprised. I believed all the Hinckley AFC negative publicity, hype and mis-information about Leicester Road and was very nervous going into the stadium on my first visit back. Once again I was pleasantly surprised how friendly the supporters, staff and players were. They all seemed together and in it for the cause. Obviously I was still sceptical on my next few visits back but nothing changed, the same friendly environment and people. The Hinckley AFC mob, are like a bunch of school kids and whilst I will never forget the good times a Middlefield Lane, they will never become the Atho again.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)17/2 13:22Sat Feb 17 13:22:45 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 557

Your description of Hinckley AFC is how i fear a Nuneaton club run by supporters group will turn into

By Wotnostrikers17/2 14:14Sat Feb 17 14:14:23 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 575

They are top of the league and get higher average gates than HLR

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)17/2 14:10Sat Feb 17 14:10:48 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 547

My understanding is
a) the coop backed initiative will be run by sponsors and include the coop from day 1.
b) the coop constitution will be such that getting into debt (deficit) will be difficult.
c) the coop initiative will probably/possibly not be as successful on the field initially, but has far more longevity.

as things stand.
1) Neither initiative have a ground to play on anywhere.
2) One has support of previous local sponsors; the other does not.
3) One talks about national sponsors, but not substance to this claim.
4) One has dreams of the FL, the other does not.
5) One has decided on the kit; the other has not.
6) One has support and advice from expert(s) the other has support from NBFC secretary.

I see not much more from one initiative than I saw from Hawkins other than they own a business.
At least when JG came on board there was confidence he could (and did) attract sponsorship that was neglected by Thorn. How did that end?

for balance

By DJ_Hinckley17/2 10:12Sat Feb 17 10:12:14 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 702

a few of the Boro old boys on here will know me. I was also a shareholder at Athletic and a shareholder at United, and joined AFC as a member in 2014.

And as you would expect, my view is the above post is very exaggerated through bias and in the interest of balance I will address it. Sorry to bore you.

It's fair to say at set up of the club, there were a few egos that were above the realism of the clubs situation. After the initial surge of interest, a few years in the people remaining were the people that cared about the club most. Interestingly with a club built on a 'fans model' if you see something happening you don't like, then as a fan, you can stand up and do something about it. The above poster chose to walk away and follow another club, their choice. I chose to get elected to the Board and run the club how I felt was correct. As a Board member I was involved in moving the club to Ibstock where we learned to stand on our own two feet, and then getting the club into Barwell, where we have moved forwards on and off the pitch.

As far as I'm aware there isn't and hasn't been any "Hinckley AFC negative publicity, hype and mis-information about Leicester Road". There may be people with strong personal opinions about what happened with the death of Hinckley United and the current owner of Leicester Road Stadium, but there is no animosity for HLR "supporters, staff and players". Indeed I speak to some good HLR fans often.

being as it is specifically mentioned, to add context to the above post, Gary Hancox was Chairman of the Hinckley United Juniors set up, and far from "jumping ship from Leicester Road" at the death of Hinckley United, he chose to be involved with the AFC 'Fans Model'. Gary is a football man though and quickly found out being on the Board was a lot different to Chairing a juniors section, so chose to leave the Board. The last time I spoke to Gary, he only wished AFC the best so can presume from that he doesn't regret any decision.

We are Schrodinger's Hinckley AFC, the above poster doesn't come to our games or is involved in the club but is sure "The Hinckley AFC mob, are like a bunch of school kids"

the point of all this rambling? well as a 'Fans Model' it is the responsibility of the fans to ensure their club is run properly. If you don't like what you see, then get up off your arse and do something about it. Because as a fan you can actually make a difference if you want to. And clearly from our attendances it is what the majority of the football people of Hinckley also want to see.

Re: for balance

By The_Hullablue17/2 15:51Sat Feb 17 15:51:00 2024In response to for balanceTop of thread

Views: 575

This is how I see a fan run club operating.
Some people will step up and make decisions, others will do nothing and moan about the decisions.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:23Sat Feb 17 18:23:38 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 517

Let's not forget the ones who do step up and question the decisions and get told to shut the fuck up.

By The_Hullablue17/2 18:27Sat Feb 17 18:27:52 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 504

Been there many times, with Kerry, Stocker, Neale, Smurthwaite and Hawkins all publicly telling people I was wrong, only for it to turn out I was not.

At least with a fan run club, a membership would entitle any fan to have a say and be listened to.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By boro4417/2 23:08Sat Feb 17 23:08:05 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Reading about fan run clubs , some are doing better than others I’ve read where some fans pay varying amounts monthly into the club would our fans do that ? Especially when we’ve got as many as 120/ 130 fans paying into the 200 club !!!

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:36Sat Feb 17 18:36:37 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 533

Fans were told they'd be listened too when all those people you mentioned were running the show.
Just because it's in a different wrapper it doesn't mean things will be any different.

Those in charge will listen... again..

By The_Hullablue17/2 18:40Sat Feb 17 18:40:21 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 487

If the board of the club will have elected supporters on them, who will be elected by the supports.
They cannot ignore the people who elect them, like all those who I mentioned who saw us just as customers and charity donation-givers.
AfC Gussets or whatever the knicker switchers are called, are a supporters run club where supporters make decisions at the guidance of supporters.

Not only a different wrapper, but a totally different way of working.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:51Sat Feb 17 18:51:19 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 481

You're most probably right.
The elected supporters on the board will certainly listen to the supporters that put them there.
Then theyll put any opinions to the rest of the board that will probably consist of a group of sponsors, local institutions and sporting bodies and we'll be back to the same wrapper as before.

They'll listen.. briefly.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)17/2 18:52Sat Feb 17 18:52:52 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 490

How about waiting for the formal model they adopt.

What it wont be is the same type of model thats been adopted previously.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)17/2 18:59Sat Feb 17 18:59:49 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 503

I am waiting, maybe others should do the same.
I agree it won't be the same model.. looks like the same wrapper though.

By Vernon Slain17/2 20:12Sat Feb 17 20:12:52 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 463

At the end of the day the ticket-paying fans of the entity(ies) will decide which football team they wish to follow. All this debate is futile really until the dust settles,the smoke clears and we can see what exactly is being offered and where. Sorry to interrupt.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

By Wotnostrikers17/2 21:37Sat Feb 17 21:37:41 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 446

To start 2 more Nuneaton clubs is absolute madness and really will kill any hope of a meaningful future.

By Vernon Slain17/2 21:43Sat Feb 17 21:43:38 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 466

Agreed. I put the possibility of the plural just as an example. I do not think that there will be two new clubs. But at the end of the day money does talk.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

By The_Hullablue17/2 21:54Sat Feb 17 21:54:52 2024In response to Re: for balanceTop of thread

Views: 500

Halliday may have two clubs, seeing as he is now a part owner of Gibraltar Lions.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers17/2 06:55Sat Feb 17 06:55:58 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 754

Thanks for your interest and insights, of course there would probably be a completely different viewpoint if we had a supporter of Hinckley AFC on here.
The one thing your post has highlighted to me at least is the benefit of bringing all sides together in Nuneaton to create just one “Phoenix “ club because with the existence of an already thriving Nuneaton Griff the last thing loyal Boro supporters and the town needs is 2 more clubs.

By almost average 217/2 09:25Sat Feb 17 09:25:32 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 665

The thing it highlights , and i've heard similar at other clubs is that even with a fan run club you need someone to make the decisions . You can't have a vote on every tiny issue and once you have individuals making decisions others are not always going to agree .

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)17/2 09:46Sat Feb 17 09:46:09 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 667

And this is where problems can happen.

As George Orwell famously said "all men are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Those elected to make decisions have to often make informed decision based on information that is not publicly available.

By Gustavus17/2 10:09Sat Feb 17 10:09:33 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 631

Animals

By almost average 215/2 20:59Thu Feb 15 20:59:43 2024In response to Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1191

That don't look promising

By The_Hullablue15/2 21:07Thu Feb 15 21:07:32 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1173

Maybe H&H spoke way out of turn.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers15/2 21:47Thu Feb 15 21:47:11 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1097

Not even Maybe

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 21:49Thu Feb 15 21:49:50 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1091

as statement had to be made, I suspect they are not happy its even being discussed publicly.

By Vernon215/2 21:02Thu Feb 15 21:02:23 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1164

It’s like Ten Green Bottles….. Just three left now.

Edited by Vernon2 at 21:03:06 on 15th February 2024

By boro4416/2 07:51Fri Feb 16 07:51:51 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 967

Two.

By Vernon216/2 08:39Fri Feb 16 08:39:35 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 987

I still have three. Oval,Piv and LW….

By boro4417/2 13:11Sat Feb 17 13:11:07 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 577

Blimey.

By almost average 216/2 06:23Fri Feb 16 06:23:06 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester RoadTop of thread

Views: 1014

There really isn't many options at all available without moving further and further from Nuneaton . Personally found playing at places like Barwell & Stratford a pain and that was for SLP level football .

Previous thread: Retire Nuneaton Borough by Vernon228/1 14:35Sun Jan 28 14:35:46 2024view thread