Return to front page

Newest article: Re: April 200 Club draw result by Unnamed SauceToday 19:41Today at 19:41:11view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: JG is back by s. tone ragma716/2 09:27Fri Feb 16 09:27:04 2024view thread

Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New Club

By LukeS (LH)20/2 12:32Tue Feb 20 12:32:37 2024

Views: 883

The waiting is over, and we can now reveal the result of our recent poll in which fans expressed their preference for the name of the new club.

The number of responses exceeded all our expectations, and the name the fans chose is Nuneaton FC.
This name will now be submitted for approval to the FA. The poll also included a survey asking fans if they would like to volunteer to help with the new club.

Mark Axon, a board member of the Nuneaton Boro Supporters’ Co-operative commented “The response to the poll was way beyond what we expected, with 899 votes cast. Of these, 157 volunteered to help as the club develops. This underlines how much support the new club has within Nuneaton.”

The Co-operative will now submit a formal application to the FA to join the National League System next season, using the fans’ preferred name. We have already begun work on designing a club badge and options for this will be subject to another fans' vote in due course.

Excellent progress is being made by sub-committees within the steering group, each focusing on specific aspects of the new club’s development both on and off the field.
As we are sure you appreciate, some of the negotiations taking place are of a sensitive nature and we will update you as soon as possible.

We will announce a date for an open meeting to update supporters on progress in the next week or two once negotiations on some key issues have been concluded.

The Co-operative would like to thank the Football Supporters’ Association, who are supporting us every step of the way. They are providing us with access to their legal representatives to ensure that we have the best possible advice. We would also like to thank fans for their continued patience and support as we work through everything that we need to launch the new club.

Edited by LH at 12:33:25 on 20th February 2024
Edited by LH at 12:34:41 on 20th February 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people

Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New Club

By BoroNotBoro21/2 23:18Wed Feb 21 23:18:53 2024In response to Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 417

I favoured WTF Nuneaton

By The_Hullablue22/2 07:12Thu Feb 22 07:12:20 2024In response to Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 429

I would have backed Nuneston Who? As that is what I have been asked many times when telling people who I support.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By Vernon220/2 14:42Tue Feb 20 14:42:25 2024In response to Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 719

Well done so far to everyone concerned. Little by little and we will get there.

2 people like this 2 people

A decent compromise.

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))20/2 20:26Tue Feb 20 20:26:16 2024In response to Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 588

No Borough

No Town

Just Nuneaton.

Nice one.

Got my vote.

3 people like this 3 people

Re: A decent compromise.

By Gustavus20/2 20:37Tue Feb 20 20:37:54 2024In response to A decent compromise.Top of thread

Views: 591

Yep I think for the best.

Also suggests the wider area welcome too not just the town itself. Which may be a bonus.

By almost average 220/2 16:40Tue Feb 20 16:40:16 2024In response to Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 696

Ground is the next big question , but there would be no point even considering applying to the NLS if nothing was sorting , so i'm going to assume it's close to being done .

By Lord of the Manor22/2 03:51Thu Feb 22 03:51:37 2024In response to Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 424

And the finances are from where ? These things won't come cheap

By almost average 222/2 06:23Thu Feb 22 06:23:44 2024In response to Re: Supporters Co-operative Update - Naming Your New ClubTop of thread

Views: 388

I would assume they only currently need an agreed suitable groundshare ( I say only ) and that would probably cost nothing at this stage .

Previous thread: Speculation by Blue Beret20/2 00:44Tue Feb 20 00:44:49 2024view thread