Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mickleover by almost average 2Yesterday 20:11Yesterday at 20:11:29view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tamworth promoted by VS City29/3 16:56Fri Mar 29 16:56:46 2024view thread

Liberty Way Drone Video

By VS City (VS Boro)16/3 21:02Sat Mar 16 21:02:14 2024

Views: 1601

Not great. Not easy doing alone. I may have another go some time.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 21:03:27 on 16th March 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Re: Liberty Way Drone Video

By karmacoma24/3 15:37Sun Mar 24 15:37:45 2024In response to Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 469

how are the turnstiles looking? asking for former poster.

By Greg (NBFC)26/3 11:31Tue Mar 26 11:31:21 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 323

And are the floodlights still bright enough for EFL?

By Boropod (BoroughPod)24/3 18:16Sun Mar 24 18:16:59 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 396

Weird Question! do they have a turnstyle fetish.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")18/3 08:01Mon Mar 18 08:01:06 2024In response to Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1087

Plaque to be erected with the wording:-

" Here lies a Stadium that once saw Glory "
" The gates are now locked, what a sad story "
" The Tenants have left "
" The Supporters bereft "
" The inevitable outcome of Robinson's Folly "

1 person likes this 1 person

By Vernon Slain18/3 09:13Mon Mar 18 09:13:39 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 987

And not forgetting an unused statue that is for sale and in storage at Barwell.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

By Vernon217/3 10:01Sun Mar 17 10:01:54 2024In response to Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1193

Think that it was a good effort,thanks for the share.

We were warned,but did it anyway.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)17/3 09:15Sun Mar 17 09:15:21 2024In response to Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1180

Can you load up with incendiaries Ukraine Army style next time.

By VS City (VS Boro)17/3 09:33Sun Mar 17 09:33:34 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1157

If you look at the roof of the social club you will see it looks like it may have already been hit.

Things I noticed.
* The state of the roof of the club - If only the club at one time had a roofing expert to fix it properly.
* The tyres by the memorial garden, Why?
* Two vehicles parked.
* The sheets of something left discarded and pile of rubbish behind away end. If only boro had a skip company as sponsor.
* Different shading of the pitch.
* Fresh flowers in the memorial garden :)
* My inability to know what is left/right; up/down :)

Edited by VS Boro at 09:37:29 on 17th March 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 09:38:20 on 17th March 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 09:39:04 on 17th March 2024

2 people like this 2 people

By Shrewblue17/3 17:28Sun Mar 17 17:28:47 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1090

Many thanks for posting the footage.
With regards to items raised -
*The roof has always been subject to bodge jobs rather than finding a way to do a proper job.
*The tyres were originally on the roof but following a safety inspection the club was instructed to remove them because of the weight. Typically the club dumped them adjacent to the MG and river rather than remove them off-site.
*The two vehicles have been there for some time, think they had broken down and been abandoned by JG's employees.
*The sheets and packaging boxes were regularly dumped on-site by JG's transport business. This was a constant source of frustration for volunteers trying to keep the site tidy. The club accepted rolls of carpet from Leicester City two years ago, these are still adjacent to the club offices rotting away!
* The yellow areas are a reflection of the compacted surface in the centre of the pitch, together with a lack of maintenance.
*Encouraging to see fresh flowers. The on-site Community allotment will now become overgrown due to lack of access. - The current actions of Arden Tigress are not hurting the main culprits but the ordinary supporters.

5 people like this 5 people

By almost average 217/3 18:33Sun Mar 17 18:33:43 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1038

I can fully understand AT losing patience with the hierarchy at the previous club but for me they have handled it poorly and still are . The only people there now hurting are people who have done nothing wrong and it leaves a bad taste .

4 people like this 4 people

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")19/3 04:40Tue Mar 19 04:40:30 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 727

" Lawyers have been instructed "
" No talks to be conducted "
" Spirits of the departed "
" Left families brokenhearted "
" Nose chopped off, to spite the face "
" No football, no boots to lace "
" Melancholy, where once was jolly "
" It is what it is, Robinson's Folly "

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")20/3 09:05Wed Mar 20 09:05:28 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 852

'Boro Lament'

Boro fans from far and wide
Mourn the loss, but still have pride
Kelly,Shooter, Stocker, Neale
Lets not forget the Thorn in our side.

Port Vale Man, the trumpets sound
Sold to Kash, he shook his hand
Arden Tigress usurped that bid
They came up with the extra quid

Hawkins came from Leicester road
Didn't stay long he didn't bode
He came in without any dosh
We all said "That's no great loss"

Jimmy G was next to shine
He brought his mates to run the line
Built a squad the money spent
Problem was, didn't pay the rent

So here we are at The Oval Gate
"how's the Boro get on"
"Dunno Mate"
I'm too old to see it through
Up the leagues and away we go
In The Cup, the glory and fame
Look Above............,
Tell me, who is to blame?

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/3 08:43Thu Mar 21 08:43:58 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 624

' Lesson Learned '

The Solicitor said "You can't write that"
But I already did you f*****g t**t
Then we wil go to court and sue
A day that I indeed rue

The Judge said "If you can't pay the fine"
"Then I will sent you down the line"
So off I went , the cell was tacky
My a**e was valued at an ounce of baccy

But now i'm out, the pens in the drawer
My itchy fingers, i've rubbed them raw
But never again will I write a word
The Pen is obviously...
More painful than the Sword.

By Roy Rogers(poet lariat)

By 70s Stalwart (v2)20/3 09:34Wed Mar 20 09:34:12 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 839

I never knew that Pam Ayres was a Boro’ fan….

Time for an Anthology?

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))20/3 20:17Wed Mar 20 20:17:26 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 754

George Eliot cast all in bronze, her writer’s eyes look down
At Blue Cross Day in Debenhams, girls fighting in the Town.
The ghosts of Tom and Casubon kick empty cones of chips
Winds haunt the empty shopping malls: the Multi-Storey drips.
Slack Alice in the Pen and Wig heels fags out on the floor .
The dust in here lies all forlorn since Lal last Shut That Door
And over all, Mount Judd presides, a monument to stone,
Whilst Tullivers and Maggies queue to catch the last bus home .
The River Anker swirls about the trollies’ tangled shells
Around the burger bars, a wreath of burning onion smells
And who else sees or chronicles, as the 20th century ends
The O2 shops and Pizza Huts as evening hush descends?
Hark, Mary Ann of Arbury! The Cock and Bear End sings!
Around the tannoy speakers, see the baffled pigeon wings
The floodlights light up Dorlcote Mill,
Let’s tiptoe through the dark
And go to cheer the Boro'-Blue and Whites at Manor Park!

Re: Time for an Anthology?

By Boropod (BoroughPod)21/3 06:35Thu Mar 21 06:35:52 2024In response to Time for an Anthology?Top of thread

Views: 700

Time for Auntie Whitestone to make a return.

AW

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))21/3 09:58Thu Mar 21 09:58:57 2024In response to Re: Time for an Anthology?Top of thread

Views: 837

You may be right.

Although fanzines are nowadays de rigeur, some of us could have had a field day with To The Manor Reborn over the last few years of shenanigans. (And probably have got kneecapped in the process).

When Saturday Comes asked Auntie to write a piece about this season's goings on. She did did and submitted an article from her prison cell. But (probably for the best) they have not as yet published it. I expect their legal team had a look and did not fancy it.

Re: AW

By northern_echo24/3 01:59Sun Mar 24 01:59:00 2024In response to AWTop of thread

Views: 404

It looks like they went for something milder.

Re: AW

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))24/3 14:18Sun Mar 24 14:18:08 2024In response to Re: AWTop of thread

Views: 423

It honestly wasn't that radical.

By blueandwhitemad17/3 19:29Sun Mar 17 19:29:05 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1073

Spot on that is...so sad watching from a fans point of view.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)17/3 09:55Sun Mar 17 09:55:51 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1156

The darker areas will be weeds/moss. Its a real shame, at least it proves the Rugby club are not using it as some suspected.

By Gustavus17/3 11:42Sun Mar 17 11:42:15 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1101

They’ve turned it down apparently. Only have one home game now and think they have an advantage playing on the other pitch.

Will have cost them a few thousand in takings as they always had bigger crowds and bar takings on stadium.

By Nuneaton117/3 08:19Sun Mar 17 08:19:45 2024In response to Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1154

It looks like a couple of the flags are still up, which is a bit of a surprise. I wonder if any kind of sport will be played there again.

By almost average 217/3 10:08Sun Mar 17 10:08:38 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1087

It was raised at the meeting that there were still flags in the ground that fans would like back and was it a possibility . The answer was that it's really difficult to get AT to engage in any sort of dialogue . They will only communicate through their solicitors and not always then .

The memorial garden subject was also raised . They are currently in advanced negotiations with the Crem to have our own plot of land on that site and move over to there . As you might expect the process of sorting this isn't an easy one .
Weird fact a burial area can only be exhumed at dawn no other time .

Edited by almost average 2 at 10:10:15 on 17th March 2024

By Jebbs18/3 10:46Mon Mar 18 10:46:22 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 858

Because of a council cock up I moved my fathers cremated remains last year.
Had to apply to the Dept of Justice for an Exhumation License, very time consuming.
Mine was relatively straight forward but I fear moving cremated remains from LW to the Crem won't be as easy. In some cases they won't even issue a Exhumation License.
Do you know who owns the grave? Is it AT?

By Blueboy (Crocket)18/3 13:38Mon Mar 18 13:38:53 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 851

As I understand there are remains of 16 people in the memorial ground and one persons ashes scattered on the pitch , flowers were put on there Saturday 9 th when the ground was opened up for 45 minutes by a man from A T. Nor Robinson as I believe he is in a hospice at the moment

By Jebbs18/3 14:33Mon Mar 18 14:33:58 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 892

If the plan is to move the remains I think that'll mean 16 applications for Exhumation Licenses to the Ministry of Justice which would possibly have to be done by AT as they're the owners of the site. They don't have to give permission... and if they did they could charge a fee.
If the land is consecrated then that'll be more form filling.
What a mess . . . .

By Lord of the Manor18/3 17:38Mon Mar 18 17:38:43 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 857

With all due respect ( and it's everyone's choice ) did no one think what if ? ......

Again..... the football club means everything to some people.
You'd be better off in Hartshill Hayes IMO

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 18:28:20 on 18th March 2024

By Jebbs17/3 10:12Sun Mar 17 10:12:16 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1124

Are there cremated remains at the memorial garden at LW?

By Shrewblue17/3 17:04Sun Mar 17 17:04:32 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 987

Yes, there are ashes in casks buried in the Memorial Garden, hence the upset at the undignified manner the landlord has handled matters. Spring through to Autumn the garden has always been mowed every week, no longer possible.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)17/3 11:31Sun Mar 17 11:31:35 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1051

Pretty sure someone mentioned on Boro Chat their rels ashes are scattered there.

By VS City (VS Boro)17/3 10:11Sun Mar 17 10:11:10 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1093

I don't think there is anyone buried there :)

A big problem will be cost. Its ridiculous what council charge for these sort of things.

By StockingfordBrew17/3 12:21Sun Mar 17 12:21:37 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1048

Wasps aint got home at present... Liberty way probably too small for them but considering they may restart at a low level may suit them for now. However imagine that for the nuns. Having another rugby team on their own door step.

By northern_echo17/3 19:49Sun Mar 17 19:49:22 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 990

Wasps Rugby say that the “cornerstone of our recovery relies on sustainable finance and a robust business plan that avoids a single point of failure”. Sound familiar? They’re looking for a temporary ground in the London / Kent area and then a permanent new home in Kent. Not sure what fan loyalty and supporter base that is supposed to be building on. It’s goodbye to all those who started watching them at the Ricoh / CBS. Oh, and they add “All we are waiting for is a competition to join that will allow us to compete at the highest level - and one that shares our values.” Is that all? An interim arrangement a mile or two up the road to get our local football fix may seem a minor inconvenience by comparison.

By Halftime18/3 07:34Mon Mar 18 07:34:17 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 906

Yes, they have identified a ground near Maidstone in Kent apparently.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)17/3 12:40Sun Mar 17 12:40:29 2024In response to Re: Liberty Way Drone VideoTop of thread

Views: 1052

VS is going to destroy LW with drone strikes so that wont happen.

Previous thread: Mark Noon podcast by WCB (NBFC)25/3 19:53Mon Mar 25 19:53:51 2024view thread