Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Player agree’s terms by almost average 2Today 18:05Today at 18:05:13view thread

Oldest article: Finn Osborn by s. tone ragma717/1 21:06Wed Jan 17 21:06:39 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Statement by VS City23/5 16:11Thu May 23 16:11:40 2024view thread

The truth the fans deserve

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 15:31Sun May 19 15:31:58 2024

Views: 1502

It is with deep regret that the previously appointed Nuneaton Borough Supporters Co-operative (NBSC) football sub-group of Nuneaton Town FC feels compelled to release this statement to clarify several points made in the press release of Saturday 18 May at 10:00am. This was the announcement of the newly appointed joint managers.

As of the evening of Thursday 16 May 2024, all five members of that NBSC football sub-group resigned due to a severe breakdown in trust, accountability and transparency with the NTFC CIC interim board. This included one of the five members who had been appointed directly by the board as a representative.

The statement noted, ‘The clubs board unanimously agreed to the appointment following a comprehensive recruitment process’.

We collectively, as the former NBSC football sub-group, can confirm that the appointed persons did not apply for the role and were not subjected to an application review or interview process by us.

The process we were asked to undertake was fully transparent, accountable and rigorous. The interview process was scored as requested by the board. It is now clear the board conducted their own process, their candidate was not proposed to the sub-group for interview and scoring for a comparisons or feedback. Had this have happened, this would have made the process accountable and transparent. At no time was the recruitment of potential other candidates communicated to the football sub-group and that they would be conducting their during our process.

To clarify, the preferred candidate submitted to the board following the process of the NBSC football sub-group has not been appointed.

Collectively as a football sub-group we all undertook this venture as a fresh start with a club displaying transparency, accountability and integrity. We are disappointed to read the interim chairs statement on what has taken place and all believed lessons had been learned from how the club had been run it the past. Due to this complete breakdown with the board and having no communication on the process through a board meeting, as of Thursday we felt the process had been completely undermined and were in no other position but to all resign and withdraw our support for the board. We were further surprised to be informed that non-voting members of the board had also influenced the process.

For our own accountability and transparency we felt that fans had the right to know what had previously been undertaken by the NBSC football sub-group at great time and effort. This statement clarifies that we did not conduct any of the process for who has been appointed. We also firmly believe that the board should be accountable for all actions and conduct business in a professional, correct and fitting manner which does not echo the past.

We sincerely apologise to all candidate’s who went through the interview process and wish them all the best with their football careers. We will be making no further comments on the matter at this time.

reply to this article | return to the front page

SHOCKED

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 21:01Wed May 22 21:01:52 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 627

I have just been shown some of the "chosen manager" social media feeds and I am absolutely shocked.

NO WAY SHOULD SOMEONE WITH THOSE VIEWS BE ALLOWED NEAR A FOOTBALL CLUB.

I don't care if you agree or not with what he believes this is suppose to be a COMMUNITY CLUB which has to embrace everyone in the community; irrespective of religion (or in my case no-religion).

How on earth he got past the selection process is an absolute mystery.

Whether I agree (or not) with how I perceive the club chose Acton is another matter. I now 100% support the boards decision not to appoint him.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 21:03:03 on 22nd May 2024

4 people like this 4 people

Re: SHOCKED

By The_Hullablue22/5 22:16Wed May 22 22:16:37 2024In response to SHOCKEDTop of thread

Views: 533

I mentioned his tweets on here the other day.

His twitter account was closed very quickly.

You mentioned His Facebook page on here tonight and now that has gone.

It is almost as if someone reading this is telling him to get rid of his social media.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

3 people like this 3 people

Re: SHOCKED +1

By stripes4me22/5 22:03Wed May 22 22:03:22 2024In response to SHOCKEDTop of thread

Views: 543

How on earth he got past the selection process is an absolute mystery

well said VS

hopefully the vocal members of the footy group can explain

thankfully the board had the final say

Edited by stripes4me at 22:04:53 on 22nd May 2024

1 person likes this 1 person

By Jebbs23/5 07:24Thu May 23 07:24:07 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 433

thankfully the board had the final say

That's something that was well known... the Board having the final say was an absolute must and something that was understood and accepted.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)22/5 22:36Wed May 22 22:36:17 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 505

Can I ask what has been 'shared'? What is it that needs an answer?

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 22:49Wed May 22 22:49:23 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 484

Did the selection group check his suitability for a community football club. Both his twitter and Facebook account WERE (not now) open to anyone (hence I guess how the board found the info I saw earlier)

Do you think someone with extreme and radical religious beliefs would be suited for a community football club which I hope would embrace anyone irrespective of religion, race, sexuality?

Any credibility the sub-group had went with this publicly available information.

I initially thought the objection may be subjective. (eg an UKIP/Farage or Corbyn supporter) which I would have had to accept, but someone who openly peddles open hatred for a specific religion has no place at anywhere I want to be associated with.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)22/5 22:55Wed May 22 22:55:20 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 474

I am totally & honestly shocked at what I'm reading, can you put a name or initials to this person as I have not been party to the derogation that has been said & available to view?

By The_Hullablue22/5 23:02Wed May 22 23:02:51 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 470

One person has named the supposed subcommittee's choice by name on here.
I looked at his twitter page and joked about ita content being a touch OTT.
That page then got closed down.
His Facebook page then got mentioned on here, and the content was very religiously extreme, to the point of hatred towards all religions bar Judaism and Christianity.
But most hatred of Islam.

Not the "love and peace" type of Christianity, but the "I had a vision sent from God to be his preacher and spread the world against Islam" type.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)22/5 23:07Wed May 22 23:07:22 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 456

One person named......if you can't write the name or initials I am unable to reason with the comment?

By The_Hullablue22/5 23:08Wed May 22 23:08:29 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 465

CN.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Boropod (BoroughPod)23/5 06:40Thu May 23 06:40:01 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 427

I'm confused, are there two Breadlines posting on here or is it a case of deliberate memory loss or account hacking.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By ManorParkBlue23/5 09:04Thu May 23 09:04:26 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 407

Yeah I totally agree.

One minute breadline was acting as if he was Derek Dunnachie.

Next minute these allegations come out about the manager HE and others chose, now he’s lost his memory.

Worrying that these clowns wanted / are running the club.

Egos egos egos.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 10:54Thu May 23 10:54:30 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 340

I am Derek Dunnachie 🤷
What have I misinterpreted, misread, misconstrued. I have never reacted with dishonesty. If I have had a rest from the platform then viewed later, have I replied inadvertently to a wrong post, denied something dishonesty?
I am always comfortable to respond with honesty. I just need to know which thread I have upset?

By Jebbs23/5 11:20Thu May 23 11:20:06 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 343

The process we were asked to undertake was fully transparent, accountable and rigorous. The interview process was scored as requested by the board

This interview scoring process that the Board asked you to do... as part of this was there a request by the Board that the Sub Group were do go through candidates social media?
Or was it a matter of football related (CV, experience, their presentation etc) scoring that you had been requested to do for the Board.

Wasn't it at the meeting the Sub Group had planned with the Board the time due diligence was to take place as requested by the Board?

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 11:53Thu May 23 11:53:24 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 311

This interview scoring process that the Board asked you to do...

The board of NBSC gave us a remit to find a manager & submit them to the club board for agreement.

as part of this was there a request by the Board that the Sub Group were do go through candidates social media?

No our remit took onboard all things fans based, 1. Nuneaton based manager, 2. Trials for Nuneaton based players, 3. Media savvy as and when requested, 4. Upfront with the fans, good results or indifferent, 5. Entertaining attack minded football.

Or was it a matter of football related (CV, experience, their presentation etc)scoring that you had been requested to do for the Board.

We created a standardised score rating for all questions asked. All candidates were also scored through quality of CV,s, Qualifications, Coaching badges (as minimum criteria).

Wasn't it at the meeting the Sub Group had planned with the Board the time due diligence was to take place as requested by the Board?

No

By Jebbs23/5 12:03Thu May 23 12:03:04 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 309

So you weren't asked to check social media by the Board.
Just to see if they were media savvy with the likes of Sharpey etc as and when.
Thanks for clarifying.

Edit-
What due diligence were you referring too?

The manager(s) will be contacted, with immediate effect, once NTFC & Football Sub-Group have completed their due diligence process meeting on Wednesday 8th May 2024.

Edited by Jebbs at 12:18:33 on 23rd May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:46Thu May 23 12:46:09 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 273

The club were not registered at the beginning of the interview process. We were following the NBSC board who gave us responsibilities of creating a process to find the best candidate.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:40Thu May 23 12:40:58 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 274

What due diligence were you referring too?

The manager(s) will be contacted, with immediate effect, once NTFC & Football Sub-Group have completed their due diligence process meeting on Wednesday 8th May 2024.

Presenting the preferred candidate to the board, along with reasoning behind the following best 4 candidates.

By Jebbs23/5 12:53Thu May 23 12:53:48 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 286

You may have already resigned by this point so apologies for asking something you may not be able to answer.

Did the Club say if it ever considered any of the other 4 candidates?

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:58Thu May 23 12:58:55 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 276

The 4 were presented but one dropped out due to playing football decision from themself. The remaining candidates were very much Nuneaton based and offered for choice.
The club haven't fed back regards reasons for anything tbh.

By Jebbs23/5 13:35Thu May 23 13:35:16 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 274

I feel a bit sorry for them to be honest.
If we're ever in a position to require a manager in the future I'd hope they apply again.
They could be forgiven if they didn't bother though, who knows the damage the club has caused within the non league world by its underhanded way of appointing a manager.

By VS City (VS Boro)23/5 14:09Thu May 23 14:09:12 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 227

I see a few separate but related problems.

1 - why anyone thought the chosen one was anywhere near suitable given his public views
2 - why other nominations were not considered.
3 - the method and process Acton went through.

By The_Hullablue23/5 14:12Thu May 23 14:12:07 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 227

2, the other candidates were considered. DD has said four were considered, one dropped out and the other two were rated lower than the recommended manager(s).

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs23/5 14:26Thu May 23 14:26:39 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 241

When I asked DD about if the other 4 were considered. He said..

"The 4 were presented but one dropped out due to playing football decision from themself. The remaining candidates were very much Nuneaton based and offered for choice.
The club haven't fed back regards reasons for anything tbh

Has he said something different elsewhere?

By The_Hullablue23/5 14:36Thu May 23 14:36:18 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 232

No, that is what I recapped wasn't it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs23/5 14:49Thu May 23 14:49:58 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 231

I asked DD if the 4 were considered. He said..

"The 4 were presented but one dropped out due to playing football decision from themself. The remaining candidates were very much Nuneaton based and offered for choice.
The club haven't fed back regards reasons for anything tbh."

I took that to mean that 1 dropped out leaving 3.
Those 3 were based in Nuneaton and were offered up to the Club for manager candidates
The Club haven't given a response of those 3

You said something about "the other two were rated lower than the recommended manager(s)"

I just wondered where DD had said that .. unless of course my I've completely misunderstood what DD posted 😂

By The_Hullablue23/5 15:02Thu May 23 15:02:42 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 218

If the subcommittee put one forward as their suggestion, and the other two were also put forward for consideration, I am just assuming that they scored lower in the interviews, otherwise one of the would have been put forward as first choice/recommended instead.

At least, that is how I would do it.

If you asked me where we should eat tonight, I may have four places shortlisted. On looking them up l, I found one was closed, I would make my recommendation but also give me next two choices of for whatever reason you didn't go for my choice.
Of course, you may have looked elsewhere if a new place opened I didn't know about :-)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 15:03:23 on 23rd May 2024

By Gustavus23/5 14:54Thu May 23 14:54:54 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 252

This was addressed last night.

5 were put forward as you say.

Due diligence rejected first (social media was not mentioned at any point).

One dropped out and the others weren't considered suitable by Board or sub group.

It's still not entirely clear where Acton application came from but the two Board members on platform (with one on floor) apologised to sub group for process and lack of communication and the apology seemed to be accepted by two members of sub group. They said they would learn from this and their intentions were for the best.

Everybody in room seemed to support appointment now its been made. Whole thing seemed to be handled maturely.

By The_Hullablue23/5 13:44Thu May 23 13:44:33 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 258

I feel sorry for the subcommittee and the board.

A clear timeliness would be useful, that is for sure.

Sad that DD's posts, that have been shown to be inaccurate in places, have stopped this being sorted maturely and without dirty laundry being aired.

Oh well, he did it all to increase fan morale. That's worked out well.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue23/5 12:07Thu May 23 12:07:46 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 298

"Media savvy" absolutely 100% includes posts on social media, and not just having a chat with reporters or our media team.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:48Thu May 23 12:48:17 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 262

Media-savvy
Having a shrewd understanding of how to deal with publicity & the media

By The_Hullablue23/5 12:57Thu May 23 12:57:31 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 249

Yeah, that is totally including social media.
Did the subcommittee check the publicly available posts on social media?
Do you think they should have done?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 13:03Thu May 23 13:03:44 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 246

Hindsight is great, our process did not extrapolate media findings. I am still not aware of the shared information as to what/who has been released/found, with total honesty.

By The_Hullablue23/5 13:06Thu May 23 13:06:26 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 261

Not sure it is a hindsight thing, but we will differ on that one.

There has been examples posted on here by VS of the nature and tone of CN's social media posts.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 13:06:41 on 23rd May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 13:21Thu May 23 13:21:02 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 248

Believe what I say Nathan. If there had been information known or relevant of any candidate, regards the slightest hint of derogatory feelings/remarks/thoughts/attitudes/genders/provocation/race/orientation etc they would not have been accepted into the process. It definitely is not in line with our new clubs values.

By VS City (VS Boro)23/5 14:06Thu May 23 14:06:38 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 251

Many companies, particularly those appointing someone in high profile positions check social media as a matter of course.
It why many people don’t use Facebook or Twitter; just in case something they say comes back to haunt them.

By Jebbs23/5 14:21Thu May 23 14:21:14 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 225

Many companies, particularly those appointing someone in high profile positions check social media as a matter of course.

They did VS.
The company appointing someone absolutely did what you said.

If anything 'good' has come from this it's the way the process worked up that that point. Everyone should feel proud.
Sub Group tasked to find preferred candidates through footballing cv etc and then passing on the info to the Club.
Club then does some scrunity (as you'd expect a company that is planning on appointing someone would) and makes a decision on whatever is or isn't found under that scrutiny.
In this case they found something that wasn't inline with the principles of the CIC so didn't appoint him.
Absolutely brilliant work from both the Sub Group and the Football Club Board in my opinion.

By The_Hullablue23/5 13:28Thu May 23 13:28:59 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 248

I believe you.
I'm just a little surprised that in 2024 a person's social media isn't given even the most cursory glance by a committee tasked with finding a suitable public face of a community group.
I would respectfully suggest a person who posts what CN did on his publicly visible social media is not "media savvy".

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)23/5 12:35Thu May 23 12:35:11 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 268

I would have taken it "as read" that more than a footballing CV would be checked.
It would be impossible to specify every single requirement.

Having a criminal record may have been a concern; depending on the offence.

By The_Hullablue23/5 11:56Thu May 23 11:56:11 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 287

Number 3, that would have been where I would have checked social media.

Did the subcommittee check the social media before recommending a candidate?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:50Thu May 23 12:50:48 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 263

You could have been more than welcome to support this by joining the subgroup via the steering group but.......

By The_Hullablue23/5 12:59Thu May 23 12:59:00 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 240

It was impossible for me to physically attend meetings.

You have not answered the question though, have you?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue23/5 10:56Thu May 23 10:56:17 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 319

Did anyone on the football subcommittee check your recommendation's social media?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Armchair vulture22/5 23:04Wed May 22 23:04:28 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 469

Nothing wrong with Islam- a lot wrong with Islamists.

Re: SHOCKED (now tangent (ish))

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 23:10Wed May 22 23:10:37 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 440

but still about hatred based on religion/race/colour.

History over the last 50 years points to the fact that deaths in the name of islam are far outweighed by other terror attacks.
Lets not forget, whilst these 1000s of murders were polictal the two main perpetrators came from a different flavour of the same religion.

Edited by VS Boro at 23:12:33 on 22nd May 2024

By Armchair vulture22/5 23:22Wed May 22 23:22:22 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED (now tangent (ish))Top of thread

Views: 421

Deaths are irrelevant in the case against Islamism. Islamists actively seek to apply.sharia law and advocate the treatment of women as second class citizens whilst gay people are actively hated- do the British left who support Hamas actually support the practice of gay men being thrown off building?
You can't criticise Christian extremism yet cosy up to Islamist ideology.
As it goes communism took the lives of around 100 million by some estimates yet the left fail to.recognise this.

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 23:34Wed May 22 23:34:10 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 476

More ridiculous links - religion and communism.

Stalin, Hitler and mao Dedong all had moustaches - should that be the yard stick?

They did what they did because they were evil.
Nazis were Christian’s - look at their belts and no evidence Hitler was any different and certainly no communist.

When an atheist flies a plane into a building in the name of his non_religion we will be in trouble. Or when he knocks on your door to tell you about his non beliefs.

Thing is. I condone ALL murders irrespective of religion, race or political bias.
Thing is. I condemn ALL murders irrespective of religion, race or political bias.

Edited by VS Boro at 08:26:55 on 23rd May 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 08:29:07 on 23rd May 2024

By bookworm1 (lurker)23/5 08:19Thu May 23 08:19:39 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 368

Thing is. I condemn ALL murders irrespective of religion, race or political bias.

FTFY!!!!

Grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)23/5 06:30Thu May 23 06:30:14 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 384

You might want to change a word the last line there VS. :)

2 people like this 2 people

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 23:02Wed May 22 23:02:14 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 415

You know damn well.
Did the board not tell you why your nomination was rejected?

Whilst his accounts now appear to be blocked. I took screen shots of a few posts to share with friends.

I quote
29 November 2023
"I was given a prophecy from the lord just over 7 years ago now that He would appear to Muslims all around the world to try and save them from Satan;s deception."

By Wotnostrikers22/5 22:18Wed May 22 22:18:20 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 451

Integrity should be paramount especially when it has been in very short supply at our club for so long.

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 22:27Wed May 22 22:27:18 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 437

I opened one or two of his posts in another window.

Here is one he posted on his Facebook.
I dont deny I have an issue with organised religion but it exists and people have the right to believe (just dont force it on me).
I believe AD was a christian and I know Gavin Cowan was......... I would have no problem them being at the club for their beliefs, but to have someone who has such extreme views (and remember this was just one). Has Boro even had a muslim play for them (at any level)? I don't know and I dont care.

And this is NOT the worse (such as views on Israel/Palistine conflict) ; just the one that I still had in an open window.

By Armchair vulture22/5 22:58Wed May 22 22:58:19 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 404

Personally i think an ex owner and manager who compared himself to Christ's sacrifice was a tad extreme for.me😀

By Armchair vulture22/5 22:42Wed May 22 22:42:59 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 423

Yes extreme views not for me at football clubs and that includes supporters of Corbyn, Hamas and Islamists. If you want religion go to a church or mosque not a football club.😉

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 22:55Wed May 22 22:55:52 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 398

Why mention an jewish-atheist with a religion (and terrorist group)/

Why not supporters of Anderson, IRA and Jews?

By Armchair vulture22/5 23:01Wed May 22 23:01:43 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 398

I'm a.supporter of Jews and a Zionist supporter - Anderson is not a racist and nor is Farage- that view only exists in the mind of leftists.
I oppose terrorism in all its forms.

By VS City (VS Boro)22/5 22:17Wed May 22 22:17:27 2024In response to Re: SHOCKED +1Top of thread

Views: 447

What I saw at 8:30pm was on available to anyone (i've just gone back and it's not now - which confuses/surprises me).

To quote the above statement "The process we were asked to undertake was fully transparent, accountable and rigorous". This clearly was not the case.

The candidate may have fit-the-bill from a footballing point of view, but there is more to being a manager of a community club than that.

What I have seen tonight has totally changed my view. Whilst I may not totally agree with the Acton selection process I can 100% see why the board did not have confidence in the subcommittee to miss something so important for a all embracing community football club.

Edited by VS Boro at 22:19:42 on 22nd May 2024

Re: The truth the fans deserve

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 08:06Mon May 20 08:06:21 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 981

See it is now being said that there were doubts regarding the candidate selected by the sub committee and after doing due diligence on this person the board decided to appoint Dodds and Acton instead

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:04Mon May 20 12:04:52 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 828

And how was this conducted and by whom and what was found out?

If someone doing this (and it was a non voting member) and they were wrong that could be very serious indeed.

Also - post last night said the “chosen one” had not been presented to the board so why were they doing checks?

By The_Hullablue20/5 09:42Mon May 20 09:42:01 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 863

Who is saying that?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 10:25Mon May 20 10:25:52 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 843

Talk on Boro Chat SE and JP

By The_Hullablue20/5 11:07Mon May 20 11:07:33 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 846

That may be in the thread I cannot see as DD has blocked me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 17:00Mon May 20 17:00:22 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 739

Why did I block you & is it on this forum or my FB account. I can't find it & can't remember doing it so apologies for that but now I need to resolve this.

By The_Hullablue20/5 17:10Mon May 20 17:10:27 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 678

I cannot see your posts on Boro Chat.

And yes, I agree, you have more important things to sort.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 17:19Mon May 20 17:19:18 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 670

Where did that come from? More important things to sort?

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:43Mon May 20 18:43:03 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 640

I thought the line "but now I need to resolve this" meant that you had other things to do than recall when and why you blocked me.

It may have been before we chatted on Friday.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:46Mon May 20 18:46:36 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 620

At what Pint did we chat on Friday & about what. God bless Chelsea!!!
🥴🍺🍺🍺

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:49Mon May 20 18:49:51 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 642

We chatted for a while, in the corridor at the ghurka club.
I can recall everything you told me.
Seems you cannot recall the same.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:53Mon May 20 18:53:40 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 638

Nathan.........

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:55Mon May 20 18:55:03 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 619

Derek ...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

HULLABLUE

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 11:25Mon May 20 11:25:06 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 865

12 h
Justin Palmer
Stuart Elliott this maybe correct Stuart but you ha already opened talks wit them without
communicating anything the sub group and at the time of my resignation y stated that the preferred candidate might still be appointed. However, your Treasurer told me that he carried out due diligence which led to information that warranted his non
appointment which he shared with the board to prevent his appointment being announced on the Tuesday. 2 days before we resigned. No one from the board contacted a sub group member to advise us of this new development

Edited by stone ragma at 11:26:02 on 20th May 2024
Edited by stone ragma at 11:26:45 on 20th May 2024

Re: HULLABLUE

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:06Mon May 20 12:06:51 2024In response to HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 809

What the **** has it got to do with the treasurer?

I hope he upto speed on libel/slander if his report was wrong.
Also possibly the law with respect to past offences (I have no idea if this the case).

Also GDPR and confidentiality.

Edited by VS Boro at 12:09:16 on 20th May 2024

By MJNB20/5 12:51Mon May 20 12:51:38 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 850

The same treasurer who thought the investors were gonna take us to league one!

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 12:26Mon May 20 12:26:12 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 785

There is nothing wrong with checking someone they may be about to employ

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:43Mon May 20 12:43:58 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 753

There is if
A - it’s confidential
B - it’s incorrect
C - it breaks GDPR
D - it’s obtained via “trusted” systems.
E - it’s not relevant to the post.

I have no idea what was found.

If I had been denied a position because of “random” investigation I would have the right to know; the right to take action; the right to correct any mistake and more.

And it’s now out in open the/one reason he was denied the job.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 12:48Mon May 20 12:48:25 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 755

Most people are subject to pre employment checks, and as for having the right to know what was found that is not necessarily true

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 13:04Mon May 20 13:04:46 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 749

Oh - believe me it is.

GDPR is a massive thing now. Has the new club got a policy - I doubt it.

DBS checks can be applied for, but expensive and has to be agreed by the applicant.

What if they found I had a conviction 5 years ago for theft of a mars bar from Tesco and discounted me on that?
What if they found I was an atheist and discounted me on that?
What if they found (if a woman) I was just married and assumed I would have children.

By The_Hullablue20/5 13:21Mon May 20 13:21:15 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 740

But none of those things is what happened.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 13:39Mon May 20 13:39:49 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 736

How do you know?
Are you on the board?
Did you do the sniffing?

What was found?

If leaks coming out then that’s shocking.

By The_Hullablue20/5 14:06Mon May 20 14:06:44 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 735

It would be an amazing coincidence if you had come up with three random reasons which would have no bearing on such a decision and even one was accurate.

I am not on the board.

I was told on Friday who thought they were getting the job but didn't.

I have done no sniffing.

As for leaks, there are people who are not involved in the new football club who had a legitimate right to know who the new manager was hoped to be, by the subcommittee and them "leaking" should be no reflection on the football club.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 17:22Mon May 20 17:22:41 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 674

Are you responding to yourself, give us a clue Nathan, with respect?

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:44Mon May 20 18:44:13 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 599

No, I was replying to VS City.
If you are unsure of who's replying to what due to the layout of the forum, click on the blue bit after "in response to" at the beginning of the post.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 18:44:29 on 20th May 2024

By Jebbs20/5 13:38Mon May 20 13:38:40 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 755

So the reason he didn't get the job wasn't because of any Mars Bar incident, being an atheist or being a woman.
The Treasurer found out something and informed the Boatd.
The Board then said he wasn't getting the job.
That Charlotte Church comment could well and truly have balls things up for him.
Any of the Board Welsh or sing in a choir?

By The_Hullablue20/5 14:03Mon May 20 14:03:35 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 714

I doubt it was the Charlotte Church thing.
It was one of a few things that would have put me off.

I genuinely have no idea why he wasn't accepted by the board.

But I doubt it was anything as big as legality or as small as tweets.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 14:11Mon May 20 14:11:00 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 710

There was something that was deemed to be significant enough to prevent him becoming manager.

Actually - do we know that was the reason?
Perhaps the digging was dismissed.

We see people get in trouble for past tweets and things taken out of context.

To me - the reason should be based on football and everything associiated with the role (which I admit covers a lot)

Even when DBS checks reveal something that does not necessarily exclude a person from a job;

By The_Hullablue20/5 14:15Mon May 20 14:15:48 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 750

I do not know the reason.

But I am sure it wasn't his bible quotes and Charlotte Church tweets.
That was my light-hearted observation.

Maybe they had looked at his managerial record and thought it wasn't very good?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 14:29:31 on 20th May 2024

By bert's dad20/5 15:39Mon May 20 15:39:46 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 710

Or they didn’t think the players they would bring with them were suitable. It would be nice to have a clarifying statement about what went on rather spend time on the usual speculation.

By The_Hullablue20/5 15:44Mon May 20 15:44:25 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 718

Of course it would, but maybe the media team are busy and have more important things to do

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 13:41Mon May 20 13:41:11 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 732

Source?

Fact people seem to know is not good at all.

The name of the person has not even been made public yet people know what he has alledged done or said.

So much for confidentiality (as promised on the original release asking for applicants).

Seems things certainly are “as you were” with some “in the know”.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:42:45 on 20th May 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 13:43:57 on 20th May 2024

By Jebbs20/5 13:43Mon May 20 13:43:15 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 720

What bit do you require source?

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 13:46Mon May 20 13:46:35 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 711

Thought you said “was not the reason he didn’t get the job”
Which implies you knew the reason.

I wonder if due diligence done on the treasurer - someone who wanted JG to be life president of the club and manager of any new club.

By Jebbs20/5 13:50Mon May 20 13:50:49 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 706

I was using Hulla as my source.
You gave scenarios as to why someone wouldn't get the job.
Hulla said none of those things happened.
I repeated it.

FWIW.. I have absolutely no idea who the person is who didn't get the job. No idea at all, but it's clear he's done something wrong to prevent him being a manager at a step 5 football club.

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 14:04Mon May 20 14:04:58 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 696

Without knowing the reason it’s impossible to know what he had ALLEDGED to have done wrong (ref my examples of invalid reasons).

It’s not easy - it can be controversial - it can be subjective - it can be bigoted - it can be justified.

I dare say thing I would not like to have associated with a manager may be different to you.

By The_Hullablue20/5 12:46Mon May 20 12:46:20 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 724

I may have missed something then, as the "reason" has not been given, and nor has the person involved.

The example I laid out would not be triggering any of your concerns.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue20/5 12:09Mon May 20 12:09:29 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 741

If anyone involved had reason to think an appointment was not suitable, they had a duty to say so.

Also, why would it be a libel/slander situation.

First rule of defemation is that what is said/written has to be knowingly untrue.

Have I missed something that mentions offences? I've seen no mention at all of anything criminal?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:19Mon May 20 12:19:26 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 722

As I said “no idea if the case”.

I could find dirt on ****** ****** (aka hullablue) and spread that info to others
* could be mistaken identity.
* could be false information.
* could be privileged information.
* could be abuse of “power”. I have access to stuff and information (my voluntary work) that I can never share.
* could be “spent”.
* could be a fault accusation.
* could be private information that can not be shared (GDPR).

How would you find dirt on me?
How would I find dirt on you?

One is easier than the other if using the internet.

By The_Hullablue20/5 12:32Mon May 20 12:32:28 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 716

Could the case of me knowing a person who used to work with a person who wanted a job with me, and I knew that person was lazy, always late, always blamed others had an attitude problem and kept letting the team down.
My colleagues who interviewed them may not have found that out in thier process, but it is massive flaw which needs to be looked at.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 11:28Mon May 20 11:28:02 2024In response to HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 738

ike
Stuart Elliott They were interview after the sub group resigned,

By The_Hullablue20/5 11:30Mon May 20 11:30:34 2024In response to Re: HULLABLUETop of thread

Views: 729

Thank you.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue19/5 19:39Sun May 19 19:39:50 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1025

Can you please share a copy of the exact remit given by the board to the subcommittee?

What was the remit you were working to. Surely you would have had that in writing.

Provide that remit and show where the board went against what was said.

Let's see sources and referenced claims before we pick aides.

Oh, and Derek, you have blocked me on Boro Chat so I cannot see what you have written on there.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 19:54Sun May 19 19:54:57 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1011

The football club wasn't registered. The NBSC were leading this through the Steering Group volunteers that created Sub-Groups within themselves, using their skill sets where appropriate.

By bert's dad20/5 08:32Mon May 20 08:32:32 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 819

It would help if you actually said who you are.

By The_Hullablue19/5 19:57Sun May 19 19:57:51 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 971

Was the sub committee given a remit, in writing?

Yes or no?

Was the remit followed?

Yes or no?

Did the club follow its part of the deal?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers19/5 19:59Sun May 19 19:59:46 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

I take it you do not believe the sub committee in their account of matters

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:18Sun May 19 20:18:47 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 961

I don't beleive anyone or anything involved in Boro without proof.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers19/5 20:51Sun May 19 20:51:09 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 912

If this is still Boro I agree with you

By Gustavus19/5 20:02Sun May 19 20:02:08 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 971

Anybody have a copy of the Piv presentation?

I’m pretty sure it was outline there what the role of the subgroups were and there was a lengthy speech by the lead of that subcommittee.

Nothing was said by sponsors that evening.

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:25Sun May 19 20:25:24 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 925

An outline is one thing, but there must be a minuted remit between the board and the sub committee.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus19/5 20:29Sun May 19 20:29:32 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 918

Don’t think so

The Board was created later when CIC set up

The sub committee was the football sub committee of the coop steering group. After the special coop meeting decided they wanted to set up a new club.

Which is why I would have thought the coop Board members would be duty bound to support the integrity of the sub committee and its work.

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:33Sun May 19 20:33:22 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 910

So, the board of the football club never agreed to the recruitment process?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 20:39Sun May 19 20:39:42 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 904

They followed the rules as much as any subcommittee must have a board member on it.

(Sadly - I cant cut and paste)

10 Directors may delegate.

11.3 Each committee may consist of directors and non-directors, but must include and be led by at least one director.

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:42Sun May 19 20:42:29 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 890

Not sure that has any relevance to my question, sorry.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus19/5 20:36Sun May 19 20:36:30 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 906

The Board didn’t exist so couldn’t. However having checked all (the later) members of the Board were members of the Steering Group. So should have agreed to the process.

The Piv slides outline a timetable for the sub committee even including the announcement of the new Manager.

I am mystified what has happened as there should have been enough checks and balances to stop this.

Everything was being done so carefully because of the troubled history of the previous Clubs.

I have yet to see an explanation which describes how the process was gazumped!

Edited by Gustavus at 20:45:48 on 19th May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 21:53Sun May 19 21:53:06 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 879

We would have been happy if the due process was carried out for every candidate, which it was. Unfortunately the interim board decided to carry out their own process. Their candidate(s) didn't even apply for the job at all.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 23:32Sun May 19 23:32:31 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 847

Isnt that there perogative?

By Jebbs19/5 21:59Sun May 19 21:59:39 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 836

Their candidate(s) didn't even apply for the job at all.

Does seem an awful long winded way to do things.
The Club asked for willing applicants to send in their football C V along with a covering letter, gave deadlines for applications to be in, arranged with the sub committee to do the interviews and then go and appoint people that never even applied.
Strange Board we have at the Club that's for sure.

By The_Hullablue19/5 22:07Sun May 19 22:07:05 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 840

Maybe, just maybe, they realised that all of the applications didn't suit what they were looking for.

This happens a lot in recruitment.
They ask for applications, sift, meet the best ones and when the appointing panel see the short list they go "cheers, but no" and go head hunting.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs19/5 22:12Sun May 19 22:12:55 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 828

Dodds and Acco head hunted by the Board?.....Interesting.

By The_Hullablue19/5 22:16Sun May 19 22:16:06 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 845

No idea, just seems a possible outcome.

If board didn't think the suggestfrom the subcommittee were the right fit, they may have gone for someone they thought would be.

I was giving an example.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:58Sun May 19 21:58:00 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 834

Did the board agree that any prospective manager needed to go through the "due process"?
Is that in writing?
Can you share it with us all.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs19/5 20:47Sun May 19 20:47:55 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 876

I have yet to see an explanation which describes how the process was gazumped!

The Board/Owners/Money Men of the football club wanted two individuals for the managers jobs and made sure they got what they wanted.

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:51Sun May 19 20:51:52 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 866

But why?

Was the suggested appointment so bad? (Lose lips from aggrieved parties makes me favour this)

Did DD trying to announce the decision prematurely have a bearing in it?

Seems lots of people have jumped on a one-sided account as proof the new club isa clown show.

It is almost as if the last 40 years ne er happened.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 22:53Sun May 19 22:53:40 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 830

It's more about the process being used than who it is.

By The_Hullablue20/5 09:44Mon May 20 09:44:48 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 738

And did that process say your decision would be anointed?
Did that process say that you could make announcements saying "the manager has been found" before it was presented to the board?
Did you, DD, and the rest of the subcommittee follow the process?
Do you have a written remit that laid out the process for the board to appoint a manager? Can you share this please?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue19/5 20:45Sun May 19 20:45:42 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 856

They exist now.
Was it ever agreed that the board would agree to the subcommittee decision?
Was it ever agreed the only path to the board appointing a manager was via the subcommittee process?
Wax it ever agreed that directors could make statements about finding a manger who would be announced soon without clearance from the board?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 20:56Sun May 19 20:56:34 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 853

I dare say the board could veto any decision but that’s not what’s happened.

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:01Sun May 19 21:01:45 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 857

Isn't it?

I was told a name of a person they were going to appoint.
That isn't the name that was announced.
I have no reason to doubt the person who told me.
I think that confidence was misplaced due to the board vetoing.

So I think that is what happened.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 21:12Sun May 19 21:12:59 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 865

The person who has been appointed did not apply for the Job OR was considered by the sub-committee.

Normal practice is if something is vetoed either the 2nd or 3rd choice is accepted OR the process starts again.

If names were spouted about before hand, thats not good (whether that spouted by the board or the sub-group). As is "We were further surprised to be informed that non-voting members of the board had also influenced the process" (but that may be nothing; but why say).

"Hello; this is our recommendation based on pre-agreed criteria".
"Don't worry about it, I had a word with my mate and he is going to be manager"

I have no idea if the recommendation was presented to the board then another was sought by the board OR the board had gone alone before process was complete.

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:19Sun May 19 21:19:00 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 826

"Normal practice is if something is vetoed either the 2nd or 3rd choice is accepted OR the process starts again."

Why would you use "normal practice" about the Boro?

I *think* the person the sub group found wasn't acceptable to the board, so they went in another direction.if I asked you to choose me a beer and told you the sort of things I was looking for and you bought me a beer that didn't fit that description, I would get up and get myself one, not run the risk of yiu getting it wrong again.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 21:35Sun May 19 21:35:07 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 819

Board would have been aware an interview process was ongoing if they wanted to appoint there own people why didn't they stop the interview process

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:36Sun May 19 21:36:43 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 824

Maybe the interview process was over by the time they realised the calibre wasn't there?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 21:23Sun May 19 21:23:45 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 835

But the board should have used the recruitment process!!! They didn't even apply!!!

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 21:36Sun May 19 21:36:26 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 806

Did the board agree to appoint whoever the sub committee chose ?

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:29Sun May 19 21:29:38 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 821

Why should they?

What agreements were in place?
What remit was agreed on?

Surely the subcommittee had a clear objective that the board had agreed to?

Or was it just "we are going to find a manager for you to appoint"?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By bert's dad20/5 08:41Mon May 20 08:41:54 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 767

It would appear to me that the job of the sub committee was to sift through the applicants and then provide names for the final interview process. A member of the board is on that committee so the board should know what was going on. To appoint someone who had not applied for the job is wrong - but often standard practice In football. That’s why football is such a mess.

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:07Mon May 20 12:07:50 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 665

And this setup was claiming they would do things properly and transparent

By The_Hullablue20/5 12:10Mon May 20 12:10:14 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 662

Maybe the people who were not doing things properly were the ones who tried to post on Boro Chat that the new manager had been found.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 12:51Mon May 20 12:51:05 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 660

Seems a certain person may have assumed they had the authority to do certain things that they did not

By The_Hullablue20/5 12:56Mon May 20 12:56:43 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 659

I think Derek stepped outside his remit.
He did post on.Boro Chat (with the best of intentions without a doubt) that the football subcommittee had ended its search and was going to present that choice to the board a few days later.
That was a mistake.
As was announcing "we have a manager(s)"

However Derek failed to.me tion all of this when he posted about "the truth the fans deserve", with a very one-sided account which missed out all of the important bits that made him look bad.

And, as is normally the case, negative news was slurpes up with gusto by those looking for a chance to say "told you so".

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:13Mon May 20 18:13:13 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 568

Be prepared......a Fanbase message to update our deserved supporters, from the Nuneaton Borough Supporters' Co-Operative, Nuneaton Town Football Club & Nuneaton Town Football Sub-Group.

I can/will confirm that all Manager applicable interviews have now been undertaken & completed.

WE HAVE A MANAGER(s)!!!

Log in/Join the WhatsApp Nuneaton Town FC group, created by our amazing media team, for more information that will be released, pending consultation with NTFC Board of Directors, on Wednesday 8th May 2024.

Transparency & Due Diligence

The Process:

1. All candidates were openly invited/requested/advertised to send CV's & presentations.

2. All applications received were of an extremely high standard of history & detail.

3. The NBSC steering group Football Sub-Group, consisting of 5 (including myself), highly respectful, knowledgeable & fanbase driven members, have committed endless, upon endless hours, to sift through, discuss, conclude & interview our 5 final candidates that befit all areas that you/us the fanbase

demand of OUR NTFC.

6. As a Director of NTFC & liaison member of the Football Sub-Group, I will present the candidate details to the NTFC Board together with the sub-group members.

7. The manager(s) will be contacted, with immediate effect, once NTFC & Football Sub-Group have completed their due diligence process meeting on Wednesday 8th May 2024.

8. Our media team will be contacted in order to share & distribute the information of the manager(s).

NTFC.

REALLY EXCITING TIMES AHEAD FOR US ALL, UTB!!!

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:17Mon May 20 18:17:37 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 571

Read it how you may but I had all respectful intents with the post.
You don't have to chastise me for any of your thoughts. This may have been a mistake, in people's eyes but when you place it in line with the interim board shenanigans of late, maybe I'm not so bad. 🤷

Edited by Helpline......999 at 18:19:47 on 20th May 2024

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:48Mon May 20 18:48:29 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 555

When you make public posts slagging off others for going against a remit when you yourself had to resign for going out of your lane, it looks hypocritical.

Yiu still have not explained how the board went against its aims, remit, objectives by not going with the pair you chose.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 18:14Mon May 20 18:14:05 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 541

Is this WhatsApp thing working/being used?

Edited by VS Boro at 18:14:17 on 20th May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:09Mon May 20 18:09:38 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 566

With best intention, yes. I did not lie. I did not name anyone. There was no malice or intent, I wanted to share what was done with the fanbase, maybe if I was aware of the behind the scenes chats....I may have taken more thought. I am a transparency person, a fan. I wanted to build up the momentum for the great media team the club have to present the manager. I wasn't given the opportunity to learn from this slight failure which hurt no-one

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:45Mon May 20 18:45:52 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 557

But the manager had not been found, had they?

That is the mistake, thinking the board would take your recommendation and just rubber stamp it.

That was never the remit.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 20:03Mon May 20 20:03:39 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 512

👍💯 agree.

By Jebbs20/5 13:02Mon May 20 13:02:49 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 679

If his remit from the other Board members was not to keep the fans updated with little bits of info then he'll do well to keep as far away as possible from them.

By The_Hullablue20/5 13:20Mon May 20 13:20:25 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 655

Announcing "We have a manager(s)" is not a little bit of info, especially, according to his remit, they did not, in fact, have a manager(s).

I would have hoped his remit was "don't announce anything until it is actually confirmed".

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:27Mon May 20 18:27:26 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 555

They were all potential managers so it was not wrong....

By The_Hullablue20/5 18:46Mon May 20 18:46:58 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 539

Oh behave.
That is awful, and incorrect.
Own your errors.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 13:09Mon May 20 13:09:12 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 678

I think the group clamped down (rightly) early on those “in the know” saying things without authority.

There is a fine line between openness and confidentiality - always best to play safe.

By The_Hullablue20/5 09:47Mon May 20 09:47:42 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 743

The director who was on the subcommittee quit before the decision was made, from his own accounts of the timeliness.

I'm trying to get anyone to answer if the remit for the subcommittee was followed by them, and if the remit for the board was to merely sign off on their suggestion.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:29Mon May 20 18:29:26 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 544

It was to interview & present the preferred candidate to the board. It was the board to decide.

By bert's dad20/5 10:00Mon May 20 10:00:30 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 740

For such an important decision why was only one director on the sub committee?

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:38Mon May 20 18:38:07 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 542

The NBSC board gave the sub-group a remit of creating applications, sifting through CV's from applicants, creating the best fit potential manager for the new club. The skillset of each member of the subgroup was/is fantastic. We are all fans we want the fans at the front of 'all things manager' from attacking football to massive interaction with the fanbase at all times with interviews of good & not so good results, education, inclusivity, Nuneaton opportunities to play for your Town & more. One director was apportioned to each Sub-Group, eventually, when the club was registered.

Edited by Helpline......999 at 18:39:12 on 20th May 2024

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:11Mon May 20 12:11:49 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 665

At least one needed by the adopted articles.

The sub committee were only going to recommend - the board had final say.

What has happened is the board picked someone who had not followed the publicised process. Not even applying.

Perhaps if the process had been followed this forum would be quiet (other than an announcement that Acton was manager)

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:44Mon May 20 18:44:27 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 540

We don't disrespect the appointed managers. The process was not equal for all candidates. If you have workable processes, deemed to be standardised & fit for purpose,you will get the right democratic results.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)20/5 12:52Mon May 20 12:52:01 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 655

The board said they interviewed Acton and Dodds after the sub committee stood down

By The_Hullablue20/5 10:10Mon May 20 10:10:15 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 715

I think, think, originally there were more, but it was streamlined so there were not too many people on the interview panel.

And I think the hope would be that the director wouldn't announced "the manager has been found" on Boro Chat before it was even put to the board.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By bert's dad20/5 13:41Mon May 20 13:41:11 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 657

I would have thought the sub committee would have provided a short list. The full board then organises the interviews. Selecting the short list is a very powerful decision and to my mind should involve more than one director.

By Jebbs20/5 13:44Mon May 20 13:44:32 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 639

Interesting points.
Something for the Board to consider if this scenario happens again.

Ass covering

By stripes4me20/5 10:38Mon May 20 10:38:49 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 722

Or, as I found out yesterday from my friend who was contacted by the supposed new manager to see if he would play for him at Nuneaton Town the same day as the director posted on Facebook. This was a week ago!!!

Reading timescales quoted on Boro Chat this would have been BEFORE the board were told of the proposed manager.

Could it be that the football sub-group , or parts of it , told their candidate he would be appointed before the board met him?

They hung him out to dry cus he was contacting players (why else would he be contacting players , how embarrassing and not his fault) & footy group were then left with egg on their faces.

So they come out swinging to deflect the criticism onto the board & tried to save face with their candidate.

Just a theory.

Re: Ass covering

By The_Hullablue20/5 11:09Mon May 20 11:09:45 2024In response to Ass coveringTop of thread

Views: 688

I certainly beleive the subcommittee thought their suggestion was just going to be accepted.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Re: Ass covering

By Breadline (Helpline......999)20/5 18:25Mon May 20 18:25:43 2024In response to Re: Ass coveringTop of thread

Views: 553

There were five outstanding candidates to choose from.
Remember, this process was set up far before the board was registered under the NBSC remit of finding a manager to deliver to the 'board'

By Jebbs20/5 10:10Mon May 20 10:10:03 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 731

To make it look like there was more fan engagement and that the Co-op were more involved and that the voices of the fans were being listened too?

By bert's dad20/5 13:38Mon May 20 13:38:36 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 640

On a decision that important more directors should have been involved.

By The_Hullablue20/5 14:02Mon May 20 14:02:03 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 651

There were.
All of the directors were involved in the decision.
One quot before the decision was made because he believed his decision should have been accepted by the others, after all, he had already announced the manger(s) had been found.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)22/5 23:03Wed May 22 23:03:41 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 349

Why the vitriol Nathan?

By The_Hullablue22/5 23:07Wed May 22 23:07:56 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 328

No vitriol Derek.
I just think you messed up.
I do not think you should have quit over it, and I do not think you should have posted what you did on Sunday.
But you are free to do that, and I am free to have a view on it.

But, vitriol it is not.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)22/5 23:16Wed May 22 23:16:03 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 344

One quot before the decision was made because he believed his decision should have been accepted by the others, after all, he had already announced the manger(s) had been found.

I presumed this was regards myself?

because he believed his decision should have been accepted by the others, after all, he had already announced the manger(s) had been found.

Complete & utter nonsense.

By The_Hullablue22/5 23:22Wed May 22 23:22:16 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 336

You had announced the manager(s) had been found.

You did.
That is 100% true.

And you did believe the choice of the subcommittee should have been accepted by the board.
Of course you did.
If you didn't, you wouldn't have recommended it.

So no, not complete and utter nonsense, it is total and utter truth.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 23:22:41 on 22nd May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 06:35Thu May 23 06:35:59 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 309

You had announced the manager(s) had been found. DUE TO COMPLETING OUR REMIT & FOLLOWING THE PROCESS THROUGHOUT, YES. WITH 5 CANDIDATES PROCESSED TO THE BOARD.

And you did believe the choice of the subcommittee should have been accepted by the board. WITH RESPECT ANY OF THE 5 YES. NOT BYPASSING THE PROCESS & DOING A BORO MK2.

You make it all sound so aggressive.

By The_Hullablue23/5 07:21Thu May 23 07:21:44 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 296

All of this started because you stepped out of your lane.
Own it.
The club's manager(s) had not been found.
The subcommittee had decided on its nomination.
That is a very different thing.

As it turned out, the board found that nomination to be not right for the club.

As for making it all so aggressive, you are the one issuing statements stiring up.lots of discord, and you are the one replying in block caps (which is shouting on forums if yiu didn't know).

One quick Q.

Did anyone on the subcommittee think of checking your candidate's social media output?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 07:50Thu May 23 07:50:32 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 289

Issuing the statement was intent on fan moral build up as they were not being informed, so accepted, but I never revealed any named candidate(s).
The block capitals is in answer to your thoughts as I couldn't use the italics/bold/or underline.

By The_Hullablue23/5 07:57Thu May 23 07:57:35 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 292

I know why you did it, I know there was no malice, but it was wrong to say a manager had been found, you know that.
I don't know why you are arguing about it.
You were wrong.

Your intentions may have been good, but look at the impact that has had. Do you think your post led to improved fan morale? I think it and the implications of it have led to morale collapsing.

The named candidate seems to have been named here, as no one has denied it...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 07:57:57 on 23rd May 2024

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 12:55Thu May 23 12:55:02 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 214

I still haven't seen who has suggested the name & it's not for to mention it.

By The_Hullablue23/5 13:00Thu May 23 13:00:51 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 217

Initials, once more, were CN.

The person who named him was given the same name as I was.

Did the subcommittee check the publicly available social media of the candidates as part of deciding their suitability?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 13:05Thu May 23 13:05:08 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 222

It wasn't on our remit, no.

By The_Hullablue23/5 13:07Thu May 23 13:07:17 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 219

It was according to your earlier post.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs20/5 13:40Mon May 20 13:40:23 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 641

Maybe the directors should have put their foot down at the earliest opportunity then.

By VS City (VS Boro)20/5 12:12Mon May 20 12:12:21 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 662

Stop this - too much agreement between us

By The_Hullablue20/5 10:11Mon May 20 10:11:41 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 719

There wasn't anyone on it who was a committee member of the coop when Boro were playing at Liberty Way, iirc, so that particular charade was not being done well at all.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 21:35Sun May 19 21:35:56 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 835

Any chance of a timeline.

What the nominated name ever presented to the board?
When did the sub-group discover the manager had been chosen?
Was there any discussion "paring" the merits of both against each other?

Does the board member on the sub-group agree with the process or your position?
Was this subgroup board member party to the recruitment of Acton?

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 23:21Sun May 19 23:21:11 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 804

What the nominated name ever presented to the board?: The name was presented.
When did the sub-group discover the manager had been chosen?: Saturday 10 am on website.
Was there any discussion "paring" the merits of both against each other?: No

Does the board member on the sub-group agree with the process or your position?: I was the board member, the process was standardized for all candidates. Please clarify "your position" meaning.for all candidates
Was this subgroup board member party to the recruitment of Acton?: No, I had resigned from this interim board.

By The_Hullablue20/5 09:46Mon May 20 09:46:04 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 730

Are you sure the subcommittee only found out who the new manager was on Saturday morning?
Did you not know on Friday afternoon?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 07:51Thu May 23 07:51:54 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 302

Saturday when the media team released the news on social media.

By The_Hullablue23/5 07:59Thu May 23 07:59:18 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 289

Are you really sticking by that?

OK.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 14:05Thu May 23 14:05:15 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 197

Absolutely, why?

Edited by Helpline......999 at 14:05:33 on 23rd May 2024

By The_Hullablue23/5 14:09Thu May 23 14:09:59 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 193

It was just I had the impression, for some reason, that you knew on Friday.
But hey, I may have misrecalled our conversation.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 14:13Thu May 23 14:13:17 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 196

I think I know where you're coming from. At the Ghurka Corner, almost everyone, had mentioned CN.

By The_Hullablue23/5 14:18Thu May 23 14:18:31 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 193

There were lots of other names being bandied about too.

I was certainly left under the impression that your choice and his assistant (we talked about him for a few minutes too) were not being appointed and that you knew who was being appointed. And if not "knew", then strongly suspected.

You were not happy about it.

Maybe your recollection differs.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 14:20Thu May 23 14:20:13 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 190

Potentially yes as I sat up in bed awaiting the 10am news.

By bert's dad20/5 08:47Mon May 20 08:47:00 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 773

It would seem to me the mistake is in the nature of the sub group. More board members should have been involved.

By MJNB20/5 09:05Mon May 20 09:05:32 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 784

Seems to me the ‘sub group’ want to be more important than they actually are.

That’s not me being unappreciative of their efforts, that’s me saying they have no power/control. They’re doing the donkey work for the ‘rich men’ who have the final say in all things a they are the ones with the clout, and the sub group don’t like it.

As expected.

6 people like this 6 people

By Breadline (Helpline......999)23/5 14:08Thu May 23 14:08:58 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 192

MJNB,
Seriously that is not the case. we volunteered to help the Steering Group, with no rewards asked for. We are all massive fans & Sponsors over time.

By The_Hullablue19/5 21:38Sun May 19 21:38:16 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 833

That is what Derek and Co should have answered before the five way flounce.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 21:54Sun May 19 21:54:16 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 806

Sorry - posted in wrong place. Was not directed at you :(

By Gustavus19/5 20:47Sun May 19 20:47:25 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 845

I think I was editing my post whilst you wrote this and after some research it does answer some of your questions.

Like you I don’t know what’s happened behind closed doors at Board level.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 20:04Sun May 19 20:04:57 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 940

I spoke on behalf of the football sub-group with Wayne Goss.👍

Oh for the good old days

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 16:00Sun May 19 16:00:59 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1180

Like when DA Capital took over.

6 months ago and now pretty much forgotten

Oh for the good old days

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 16:00Sun May 19 16:00:18 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1142

No text

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 15:38Sun May 19 15:38:46 2024In response to The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1194

Not much to say really

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)19/5 15:56Sun May 19 15:56:21 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1174

That took long 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Why I’ve stayed away for the past few months and waited for it to go wrong always said our fans won’t be able to run a club themselves

Good luck for the future 👍🏼

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 15:59:33 on 19th May 2024

By Lord of the Manor19/5 15:40Sun May 19 15:40:58 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1155

And there you have it ... I'm gobsmacked

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 15:43Sun May 19 15:43:43 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1156

Not as much as the NBSC Football Sub-Group...WOW!!!

Dummy spat out by football group then

By stripes4me19/5 16:02Sun May 19 16:02:05 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1192

Reading that then bottom line is cus there candidate wasn't appointed they've had a diva meltdown

egos can be a funny thing

no idea who there candidate was but looks like board weren't impressed

Re: Dummy spat out by football group then

By Wotnostrikers19/5 19:42Sun May 19 19:42:43 2024In response to Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 949

Did you actually read the statement ?

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 17:52Sun May 19 17:52:10 2024In response to Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1039

As I've always suggested, fans are fickle, I'm a fan. The most prominent issue stands out massively, lack of transparency, due diligence, consistency trust, democracy. The sub group would have been very happy to review any party that could take our new club to the next levels. The sub group stuck to a rigid & professional process that proved successful & respected by the candidates.
Read the statement, don't chastise the sub group. There is no dummy out the pram scenario. The board says a full process was carried out, ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT. Had these CV's been presented, in the appropriate time period, they would respectfully have been sifted with all the other candidates and processes respectfully. The group have no issues with the individuals named as managers. It's about the correct process.

Edited by Helpline......999 at 17:52:59 on 19th May 2024
Edited by Helpline......999 at 18:33:34 on 19th May 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 18:16Sun May 19 18:16:55 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Why did the board not conduct the interviews?

By Jebbs19/5 19:02Sun May 19 19:02:25 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 938

Do you mean the Football Club Board?

If so I think they asked the co-op to do all that... fan involvement and all that.
Transparency that way, with some integrity too. Looked like a good idea at the time.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 19:45Sun May 19 19:45:58 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 916

The football club wasn't registered. The NBSC Steering Group created Sub-Groups within themselves to use their skill sets where they could. These Sub-Groups were given full support & backing by the NBSC Board to fulfill relevant tasks. One group was the football Sub-Group, so this was operational before the registration of the football club. The steering group has been the most successful respectfully group of people I have worked with. What a great group!!!

By The_Hullablue19/5 19:53Sun May 19 19:53:46 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Care to share the exact wordings of your brief and any feedback the subcommittee got from the board?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 19:11Sun May 19 19:11:40 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 931

Yes ment that, worked well then, question is was it just a stunt did they always intend to ignore the recommrecommendation following the interviews!!

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 18:26Sun May 19 18:26:14 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 952

The did.

And it sounds like that from a long list of 1 they went for Acton.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 18:07Sun May 19 18:07:38 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 951

Rhetorical but What I would like to be answered is

How did Acton get the job without applying or being referred to the group set up to recommend.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 16:09Sun May 19 16:09:09 2024In response to Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1103

How I read it the agreed protocol was not followed

If Acton had applied for the job then he would have had same pre defined scrutiny.

He did not apply - why didn’t he and why did he end up with the job?

Some on the board were closely connected to Boro leisure and Acton worked for Boro Leisure and was/is close to a recent owner of Boro leisure. BUT this club is going to be different

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)19/5 16:12Sun May 19 16:12:32 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1086

I’m not gonna lie read the statement don’t really understand it - probably one to many drinks and sun on a Sunday for me

So Acton didn’t apply for job and was given job is the issue

So guessing someone is acting like everyone is together as one complete unit but really he is in complete control so guessing it the one with the money so Cook is the issue - but like I said I’ve not really paid attention for months so at this point not got a clue what going on

Retired Boro fan

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 16:16Sun May 19 16:16:25 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1073

The way I see it.

IMO - if the board wanted Acton they should have got him to apply.

Why didn’t he apply? What convinced him to accept the job?

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)19/5 16:20Sun May 19 16:20:43 2024In response to Re: Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1093

Like I said above this is why I walked away completely and don’t message on here anymore - never thought anyone connected with this new club had the brains to run a club, and don’t trust the people that were behind it. Don’t trust Elliott or Cook and how I looked at it they were the money men so no matter what people think about boards etc and being fan lead we won’t be those two are 100% calling the shots and if people believed differently fair play to them but oh dear

Would also say no offence to people involved but the ones that are on board I would say are easy to trick, let them think they have a say and they won’t but they won’t realise, Lee Haywood was appointed cause he posted a lot on Facebook 😂😂😂 no other reason

Wish them luck but this club ain’t for me, if there even is a club again soon

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 16:37:12 on 19th May 2024

By Jebbs19/5 16:08Sun May 19 16:08:46 2024In response to Dummy spat out by football group then Top of thread

Views: 1099

You may want to give the statement another read.
Then try and work out what the issue is here.

A clue... it ain't what you suggested

FAO .... co-op board

By Lord of the Manor19/5 15:55Sun May 19 15:55:21 2024In response to Re: The truth the fans deserve Top of thread

Views: 1156

Two sides to every story ....

How about yours ?

This just beggars belief..... Why ?????? The repercussions of this could be massive.

Edit .... I would be surprised it the whole board doesn't resign over this, then we'd be in the shit

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 15:57:01 on 19th May 2024

Re: FAO .... co-op board

By Jebbs19/5 16:02Sun May 19 16:02:16 2024In response to FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1153

Why will we be in the shit?

Board of Directors: Ian Cook (chair), Derek Dunnachie, Stuart Elliott, Jim Evans and Mark Lacrouts, with Lee Hayward as the club’s treasurer and Richard Dean as secretary.

One has already resigned (according to the statement), you think the others couldn't be replaced?

PS.. would you be interested in the Board of the Football Clubs take on this?
Reasons why they did what they did.

Edited by Jebbs at 16:25:26 on 19th May 2024

By Lord of the Manor19/5 16:30Sun May 19 16:30:53 2024In response to Re: FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1069

Didn't really understand that Jebbs .... But can you see anyone else taking on the roll to run the coop ? Even if they do it would put us back months

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 16:31:14 on 19th May 2024

By Jebbs19/5 16:34Sun May 19 16:34:32 2024In response to Re: FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1088

I think I understand the confusion.
You said we'd be in the shit if the board resigned.
I thought you meant the board of the football club
I think you meant the board of the co-op.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 16:27Sun May 19 16:27:13 2024In response to Re: FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1077

I resigned after 'pressure' from certain directors, regards a post I put on, with transparency, & potential news of the new manager, just what the fans deserved, It was removed from Boro Chat at the request of Mark Lacroutes.
I say pressure, I said to a director who contacted me at work, I will be required to attend our sub groups presentation of the sub-group's preferred candidate. He replied, if I turn up, there will be no-one there. With that, & as an independent director on an interim board, it has not taken me long to resign with no confidence in the board.

By The_Hullablue19/5 19:45Sun May 19 19:45:42 2024In response to Re: FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Would that be the post you put up without the board's clearance?
We're you allowed to make statements on behalf if the club without it being cleared?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 16:01Sun May 19 16:01:46 2024In response to FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1096

It’s not just the coop.

But would be nice to know their role

Will we ever learn?

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))19/5 16:18Sun May 19 16:18:44 2024In response to Re: FAO .... co-op board Top of thread

Views: 1124

Answers on a postcard.

After what I wrote on Friday about togetherness and loyalty, this leaves a very bitter taste. It is why the rest of the town and further afield cannot take The Boro' seriously.

After all the crap is over I'll go and watch any Phoenix Club next season, anywhere, at any time, at any level as long as it has a measurable Supporter's Input. What I won't do is invest in any organisation which:

1) Does not behave in an appropriate manner:

2) Smells of anything trodden in OR of any of the malarkey which took us into the abyss. AGAIN last season:

3) Is another Old Mates Club. (No thanks, we've tried that several times before-didn't work).

If this criteria cannot be adhered to-I'll still watch football but will take my custom elsewhere.

Edited by (Dysfunctional sector) at 16:20:59 on 19th May 2024

Re: Will we ever learn?

By bert's dad19/5 17:11Sun May 19 17:11:53 2024In response to Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 1018

Does this make people feel they want to come back to the Club? No it doesn’t.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 17:24Sun May 19 17:24:24 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 1001

I was indifferent.

I hoped this (as I saw it) hybrid model would work.

I gave two people with close connections to the previous club a massive “gimme”.

My indifference has weakened to meh!

Lots of rebuilding and trust to be established.

At the end of the day, most just want a club to watch on a Saturday afternoon so like anything that happens to the let club(bar the end) things will continue.

Still …. IMO far better long term chance to succeed than the other option on the table.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 17:34Sun May 19 17:34:03 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 1004

This is exactly why I was against a fan run club and wanted the two Solihull guys , I was told this was a new start, a new way to do things, full transparency, there were many gullible people who believed it, now we see nothing has changed

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 17:48Sun May 19 17:48:40 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 968

This model still has safeguards that will mean the days of boom and bust are over.

I saw no evidence that H&H had any credibility to sustain a club for a few years.

I believe their announced ground share agreement had, err, not been agreed with the host club.

When I heard they planned for an academy bigger and better than CCFC that said a lot.

By Gustavus19/5 17:06Sun May 19 17:06:43 2024In response to Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 1048

Whilst I loved the warmth of your post on Friday I thought the opening para set up a few Aunt Sallies. Responsibility for the previous Club’s demise lay with one set of characters alone.

This one, however, is absolutely bang on! Good post.

The unanswered question now is why the fans reps and independent director didn’t stand up to the sponsors given they had a majority?

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))19/5 20:02Sun May 19 20:02:08 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 899

" Responsibility for the previous Club’s demise lay with one set of characters alone."

Yes I'm aware of that, and I don't disagree with you. However the responsibility for various other demises ( and let's face it there have been a few) lies with various other individuals.

I haven't met all of them but it does seem that a common thread is the ability to be able to turn even the slightest of advantageous positions into a crisis. largely through inexperience, lack of forethought or sheer stupidity.

Hence "will we ever learn?" is a lament: cry of despair referring to corporate failures over time. I'm far from alone in feeling this frustration, btw. Every time we climb out of a trough of manure we seem to have the collective gift for sliding right back into it again.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 19:01Sun May 19 19:01:28 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 932

I was forced to resign as I had individually posted a comment of transparency to the fans on Boro chat regards the new manager, without naming them, just building an atmosphere, then I had threats (not physical). The Sub-Group were to present the preferred candidate to the board, which I was a member of. This business director told me that if I turned up they would not be there. I made the decision not to present myself as I did not want to be unprofessional & we needed to present our preferred candidate.
It was not difficult to stand down as the independent director as, after attending 2 monthly meetings I could feel that I was being ignored, overlooked & bypassed. I had no confidence in their methods of processes. This provided, in my eyes a split vote scenario of 2 v 2 directors, without me being the 5th vote. The rest is recent history. I unfortunately have no confidence in this interim board. UTB!!!...T

By bookworm1 (lurker)20/5 18:55Mon May 20 18:55:51 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 602

It seems that you were unsuited to the role of director. You did not understand that you were not entitled to make unapproved statements and by doing so painted the board into a corner.
Your unapproved statement had little to do with transparency and more to do with self aggrandisement.
It is to be hoped that your replacement is better suited.

Grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 19:07Sun May 19 19:07:45 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 945

For clarity.

Following an open meeting held by the Nuneaton Borough Supporters’ Co-Operative back in January, around twenty Boro fans formed a Steering Group that has met weekly to create the new club and ensure everything is in place for the start of the 2024/25 season.

The Steering Group has agreed a Board of Directors: Ian Cook (chair), Derek Dunnachie, Stuart Elliott, Jim Evans and Mark Lacrouts, with Lee Hayward as the club’s treasurer and Richard Dean as secretary.

Cook and Elliott represent Nuneaton’s football business community. Dunnachie is an independent representative. Evans and Lacrouts represent the Nuneaton Borough Supporters’ Co-Operative and were appointed by the Co-Op’s elected board. This structure ensures that fans are at the heart of decision making within the new club.

All have years of relevant experience, garnered from their professional lives and time spent on the Boro terraces, which will be put to good use running a football club with a sustainable ethos centred around the local community.

Chair Ian Cook says “I feel honoured to have been asked to represent the club as a CIC director and chair. I will show huge passion and dedication to help drive our club back towards where we belong.”

Supporters’ Co-Operative representative Mark Lacrouts says he “is so proud and privileged to be selected as a director. I want to ensure that we have a well-managed and ambitious team that is sustainably financed that can stand on its own two feet”.

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/thread/25849

Edited by VS Boro at 19:09:03 on 19th May 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 19:09:28 on 19th May 2024

By Gustavus19/5 19:58Sun May 19 19:58:07 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 896

I still don’t understand.

How can someone be forced to resign? Surely they decide themselves if they want to resign.

And given the other two represent the coop surely they are duty to bound the support the coop steering group’s football sub committee.

Thats then a majority of three whatever the two sponsors want to do.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)19/5 20:16Sun May 19 20:16:05 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 885

1. Refusal to turn up at the preferred candidates presentation by the football sub group if I attended.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 21:44Sun May 19 21:44:07 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 816

Why?

By MJNB19/5 21:43Sun May 19 21:43:47 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 841

Football in Nuneaton will never thrive

Too many egos

Too many either in the know or wanting to be

Too many thinking overspending is the only way

Same old, same old, same old.

Roll on AFC Nuneaton in 2035 and FC Nuneaton and Bedworth in 2047

By Boropod (BoroughPod)20/5 06:25Mon May 20 06:25:32 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 793

In 1975 as a young college lad I worked the summer at Boro Chairman Ken Peals Avonside Hotel.
He told me Boro don't have fans, they have critics, I didn't understand what he meant at the time.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 22:01Sun May 19 22:01:56 2024In response to Re: Will we ever learn?Top of thread

Views: 831

Problem is too many people dont accept football in 2024 and Boro standing within it.

Too much harping back to "the good old days".

Bit like Huddersfield Town fans bemoaning that Man City have beaten their joint record of consecutive top-flight wins and claiming that they should be challenging with them.

Look at top flight table. Who would bet that the top 7 wont be the same next season, In years gone by clubs could be promoted from level 2 and challenge at level 1 (I think Forest won it).

For what ever reason the best a club in Nuneaton could aim for was Conf-North with perhaps the odd holiday in th national.

Football has changed and due to many reasons Boro (whatever form) has not been able to keep up.

People also point at other clubs......let's wait and see. I clearly remember a regular poster pointing at Dover for an example of a well run club.

Previous thread: Who will we be facing next season? by mark-nbfc23/5 08:05Thu May 23 08:05:34 2024view thread