Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by John BlairYesterday 19:31Yesterday at 19:31:24view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dover by SAGE10/4/2014 11:11Thu Apr 10 11:11:53 2014view thread

''should have gone to Calais''

By Andrew67 (legacy user)13/4/2014 08:37Sun Apr 13 08:37:57 2014

Views: 2694

So off to the garden of England for our last coach trip of the season. A full coach in good spirits left Wheatsheaf Park in high hope of keeping the unbeaten run going and a cheeky play off place .

The coach quiz was contested with the usual vigour the winners being Marcus and Scotty Taylor .(no comment from the cheap seats )

So Dover, the town you visit to catch the ferry to go to France, which come 5pm a cheeky baguette in Calais would have been a better idea .
Dover's ground has to be one of the better grounds ive visited this season , strange on arrival the hike up the hill , except Angie who hitched a lift on the back of the golf buggy .
Nice clubhouse , good food all made for a nice lead up to the game .

Attendance of 600+ Observed the minute silence for the Hillsborough disaster impeccably #jft96 . Football fans united in on cause .

So to the game . not many words to describe it really , the penalty at the time seemed very harsh , and as I write this I've still not seen a replay but in the cold light of day its seems Chris pushed there man in the box. If the Dover centre forward had been more clinical it could have been 4-0 .

Staines were muscled of the ball too easily in the midfield and the front 2 were left feeding of scraps .

So all in all the dream seems further away now , go for 4 more wins and this will be a very successful season in my opinion .

DONT FORGET
'' ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS ''

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: LT's goal Tuesday v Whitehawk by Rob C11/4/2014 11:01Fri Apr 11 11:01:53 2014view thread