Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Statement by Follow the Swans29/12/2014 14:03Mon Dec 29 14:03:03 2014view thread

Re: what a joke

By Phones (legacy user)29/12/2014 10:14Mon Dec 29 10:14:59 2014In response to Re: what a joke

Views: 2243

I have been watching Staines for 45 years now, and I can't remember a worse league situation or run of poor form like it. Its very sad to see, and I feel sorry for the players. We aren't a bad team, but the confidence is so low at the moment, as soon as we concede you can't help feeling the worst. So why is this happening?

IMHO we have been playing for three quarters of the season with make shift full backs and a centre back who is being punished for every mistake he makes, and as a result we are leaking 2.5 goals a game, which is relegation material.

With the absence of Ming and Brown, we continually ask players to play out of position at full back, and although they have tried their best, we have been found wanting defensively week in week out.

For whatever reason, the management team have not brought in recognised full backs on loan. We have had good connections with clubs like Brentford and Millwall in the past, surely we could have approached them for some help?

Maybe it's because we are struggling on the cash front in these hard economic times? If so, perhaps the club could just let everybody know and we would all understand. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to football clubs at all levels.

Whatever is done now, I feel it is too late to salvage the situation. The warnings signs were there a couple of months ago, but nothing was done. We now need to win 11 of our remaining games to get 45 points, which is what Hayes and Yeading managed last season and avoided relegation. Is that realistically achievable?

Maybe I am wrong, but personally I feel we should start saving some of the clubs cash by releasing the high wage earners ready to bring in the players needed for a decent stab at promotion from the Ryman League Premier Division next season. Does anybody out there agree? If not, how much longer do we wait until action like this needs to be taken?

All clubs go through their ups and downs. We have certainly had some fab times in recent years, and we now have to stand by and support the club and the players in this difficult time in the clubs history.

Happy New Year, see you on New Years Day :)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: what a joke by Andrew6729/12/2014 10:02Mon Dec 29 10:02:31 2014

Previous thread: Marcus Gayle by Andrew6729/12/2014 12:39Mon Dec 29 12:39:02 2014view thread