Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Staines Town 2-0 Farnborough | Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com30/12/2015 03:15Wed Dec 30 03:15:31 2015view thread

Whats Going On ?

By Andrew6728/12/2015 10:32Mon Dec 28 10:32:20 2015

Views: 1866

Thought it was time I spouted some rubbish in here , seeing as its been a while.

... So Forster has completed 50 games in charge of Staines ,

PLAYED (52)

WON (18) HOME (7) AWAY (11)
DRAWN (10) HOME (4) AWAY (6)
LOST (24) HOME (14) AWAY (10)

# A quick glance would tell you that our home form is rubbish, this to me is a mystery, we have the best pitch you could wish to play on, and although the support is low the fans that do turn up hardly get on the players back . So the players surely feel no great weight of expectation playing at home .

So where is it going wrong .. I'm no tactical genius, as you all know :) .. However I've been watching football long enough to know when somethings wrong at the football club. Just as Gayle last season Forster has a easy ride from the fans during home games, most fans wouldn't tolerate the kind of results they put up with at home games, and would vent their feelings towards the manager at the final whistle.

For me being '' bookies'' favourite pre season meant nothing , don't get me wrong I wanted to progress out the Ryman, but being a realist I knew it wouldn't be a cake walk. and now at the end of the year I'm being proved right.

Over the last couple of weeks it seems the wheels have begun to fall off.
Micheal Kalu & Ahmed Abdulla being put out on loan only to return to the squad for the Hampton game
Darren Purse leaving the club
Micheal Malcom being brought in with Forster singing his praises only to make 3 appearances then being released .

And the most mind boggling decision the release of Ashley Lodge.
Lodgey was the supporters player of the year 2 seasons ago , he was a clubman the kind of player that would run through a brick wall for the team .. Mr 110% .. Why would you toss a player like aside in the current situation ?
NOT A WORD FROM THE CLUB .. no official statement on Ashley Lodge or Darren Purse .

In my opinion if the club is lacking ambition from the top then we will lose Forster and Abercrombie.

So rather than looking upwards we are very much looking downwards again just like last season , and In truth this isn't a league full of quality football teams, we are being beaten by average teams.

I stand by the manager & players fully and my vocal support for this great club will not dwindle .

But all we ask is the top of the tree need to support the manager and players and show some ambition.

And don't forget

'' ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS''

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Whats Going On ? by Rebel Yeller29/12/2015 17:14Tue Dec 29 17:14:39 2015

Previous thread: Hampton & Richmond Borough 3-2 Staines Town | Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com27/12/2015 12:55Sun Dec 27 12:55:19 2015view thread