Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Abercrombe by Andrew678/1/2016 11:12Fri Jan 8 11:12:34 2016view thread

Re: Forster

By Norm7/1/2016 22:54Thu Jan 7 22:54:26 2016In response to Re: Forster

Views: 1729

Happy new year to all the supporters-certainly did not expect to return from my travels and find us so far down the league.
and looking for a new manager.
I notice Forster mentions about overspending in the first half and I just wonder how much success at the levels we have played at over the last few seasons is budget driven-I guess it must be a fact of life that these days the majority of players will always be attracted to the clubs offering the best terms .
Having had a full time manager as we previously had and then having, I suspect , to pay his contract off ,must have put a strain on the clubs finances going into this season.
Do players these days enjoy playing soccer enough to have loyalty to a club, its supporters or a particular manager or is it more a way of earning money -how many would be prepared to continue playing for a club in return for expenses only? I simply do not know.
Some players always graft and put in 110% every week and others sometimes look as if they would prefer to be elsewhere .Is that down to self motivation or the skills of the coaching staff?
I appreciate that to play at this level the time demands for travelling to training , and games , especially away games is very significant -not easy for players when they live many miles from the club.Is it possible with all this travelling etc to give 100% to a job and 100 % to the team?

Is the clubs selection process when choosing a manager flawed-after all although both our previous two managers had excellent playing careers , from what I can see very limited experience or success in managing teams at this level on their CV .

Best wishes to all
Norm
PS Has the club explained why Lodge was released-always thought he was a guy who gave 110%

Edited by Norm at 23:11:18 on 7th January 2016

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: New Cygnet... by Follow the Swans7/1/2016 12:34Thu Jan 7 12:34:53 2016view thread