Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by Surrey s8/5 15:31Wed May 8 15:31:35 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Game OFF - Staines v Hanwell Town 07/12/21 by John Blair7/12/2021 15:56Tue Dec 7 15:56:49 2021view thread

Manager situation

By Arthur2/12/2021 09:50Thu Dec 2 09:50:40 2021

Views: 690

Some bloke walked up to the counter and said, "Burger and chips, please."
"Certainly, Sir," I replied. "Are you eating in or taking out?"
"You Bastard," he snapped, before walking off with his food.
I love working in the prison canteen.

That's the humour over, there is nothing funny about our managerial situation. I am normally very supportive of our board and owners, however they currently are to blame for the catastrophe ion which we now find ourselves. When the "Fab Four" took over the club they appointed a mediocre manager with a poor pedigree. The package the manager was given was open worthy of National league level. He was proof of the Peter principle - promoted abocve the level of his managerial capabilities. We have then lurcghed from disaster to disaster with arguably the greatest turnover of managers in the whole of the football pyramid. I am not sure of the level of package we currently give to the manager, but it is probably less than 50% of the original appointment. One or two of the managers appeared to have had some sort of success but for a number of understandable reasons have either left of their own volition or been moved on. The four have now become one. As we know, at this level, managers tend to move in bringing in their own players to compete at the relevant level. Almost certainly, whoever is appointed will want to bring in the basis of a squad. Theirtotal package needs to be agreed. For us as fans, we need to become acquainted with a n=ew squad wearing the yellow and blue.

Here I am not sure of where or how the club are looking. My own feelings are that the last pre-ownership change manager would probably be the beltway out of our current plight. Drax knows football at this level and could still be a way to provide stability and a squad capable of ultimate4ly playing at a higher level. IO am not advocating immediately heading towards the level of squad we had in Drax's finale. That is the stuff of dreams. However, an approach to Draw with the promise of a stable squad, including the payments from the boost the budget scheme, would give us a side which would attract some of the lost Swan fans back to Wheatsheaf Park. It would start us back on the path to the ni9rvana we all hope for, owners, players and supporters. However, that initial move needs to be funded by the board and the owners. Failing that promise it could be argued that the owners and Board just don't care about the club and maybe they should move on.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Manager situation by Surreysage2/12/2021 23:22Thu Dec 2 23:22:22 2021

Previous thread: Great Shame by Surreysage2/12/2021 09:47Thu Dec 2 09:47:54 2021view thread