Return to front page

Newest article: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Reserves tonight by Angie Payne26/2/2014 16:38Wed Feb 26 16:38:02 2014view thread

''ships in the night ''

By Andrew67 (legacy user)26/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014

Views: 12734

The tale continues, and boy have I some tales to tell from our latest trip round the M25.
As the season enters the knitty gritty, or business end as us footie hipsters like to call it you'd think all the talk on the coach and in the ''beach bar '' pre game ( yes the concord clubhouse is called the beach bar) would be about possible formations Marcus would employ or which players he would choose to out with the opposition.
Far ,far from , the hot topic of the day was domestic appliances and there differing abilities to perform in the household environment.
Imagine my shock at the differing makes and models of washing machines available on the market . it seems the football fan has truly gone mad .
Of course it all adds to enjoyment of a an away day.
And add to that the bright somewhat floored idea John had pre kick off to introduce a guess the correct score style competition which descended into somewhat of a farce.. also away day comedy gold !
It turns out that concord were an extremely hospitable club with friendly staff and great food on offer.
one side of the ground flanked by what looked like oil refinery ( it was dark) and on the other side a caravan site . double take and I thought I was at Whitehawk again .
and to top it all in the near distance as if from a scene out of '' mystery of the Nile '' you could see ships passing down the Thames in and out of London . ( maybe not ships but again it was dark )
So to the game , Staines were unfortunate to concede early, a goal which I think can be described as a fluke however if Rooney or Bale had scored it would have been a worldly.
Staines had a free kick well saved at the near post and that was the 1st half.
2nd Half was all blood and guts , more ships passing down the Thames then boom they scored again. our heads dropped ( I mean the fans ) but the players started to play a bit and the mighty Dan Brown leapt like a salmon to meet a bazram free kick and we were in it .
but alas not to be . another defeat on the road.
We sang our hearts out all through the game as we do every week and I would personally like to say thank you to the players who even after another defeat on the road came over to the fans and applauded us.
So on to Dorchester this Saturday and im going armed with all the latest information on washing machines and hoovers just in case .
Keep smiling swans and remember its all swings and roundabouts

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: ''ships in the night ''

By john blair (legacy user)26/2/2014 17:11Wed Feb 26 17:11:40 2014In response to ''ships in the night ''Top of thread

Views: 7734

Good report Andrew.
Concord- nice club although the surroundings around the club are a bit strange. Ships passing by reminded me of our trip to Canvey Island back in The Ryman days.
If you want latest info on hoovers-lol- i can bring you a catalogue on Saturday-LOL

Concorde

By Angie Payne (legacy user)26/2/2014 12:05Wed Feb 26 12:05:45 2014In response to ''ships in the night ''Top of thread

Views: 7921

Well Done Andrew.... a great report for those who couldn't make it.... just see what you missed! I thought the club and their fans were very hospitable, and extremely pleasant. I would definately look forward to going there again (Unlike Chelmsford)

Re: Concorde

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)26/2/2014 16:32Wed Feb 26 16:32:59 2014In response to ConcordeTop of thread

Views: 7742

Yep ... Having installed 2 washing machines at home in a matter of weeks I could 'hold my own' so to speak on the subject. As for the footie I shall be shouting my head off at Dorchester to make sure we get the 3 points Marcus would love. Hope Lewis is feeling better!

FOLLOW THE SWANS

By TorquayRob (legacy user)26/2/2014 17:23Wed Feb 26 17:23:09 2014In response to Re: ConcordeTop of thread

Views: 7718

Good report Andrew

It was a shame it took us 65 minutes and at least two substitutions before we realsied that playing the football on the ground and getting it wide to Sanchez or slick passing through the middle by Bashram is the way to win games.

Maybe we thought we were playing in the yellow and blue.

Concord were definitely rattled at the back after Dan's goal.

I too must commend Concord on their set up and hospitality.

Torquay Rob

By gordon (legacy user)26/2/2014 17:43Wed Feb 26 17:43:47 2014In response to Re: ConcordeTop of thread

Views: 7654

Great report Andrew, we are begining to look forward to your wacky views on the game. Shame there was no space for "The small and mighty".
As everyone else has said a very friendly club and a great food bar with plenty of choice. Apart from the result not a bad evening.

Previous thread: Football returns tonight at Wheatsheaf Park ... by Follow the Swans26/2/2014 16:16Wed Feb 26 16:16:20 2014view thread