Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by John BlairYesterday 19:31Yesterday at 19:31:24view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: SWANS going for 8 on the bounce ... by Follow the Swans8/4/2014 11:40Tue Apr 8 11:40:07 2014view thread

'' and the swans go marching on ''

By Andrew67 (legacy user)5/4/2014 19:22Sat Apr 5 19:22:45 2014

Views: 2527

Leaving the ground applauding the effort the lads put in , an Ebbsfleet fan chirped up and said '' you must have low expectations if your happy with a draw''
How easy comments like that must be to make when you support a team who are all but a fully professional team with a big fan base and obviously a large budget.
or maybe it was sour grapes .

Not a pretty game in fact it was quite messy. but all in all if you get points for effort then todays point was deserved.

Ebbsfleet moved the ball quicker and yet again the swans back 4 performed well.

So 7 unbeaten and yes if this continues we are well within our rights as fans to think about being in thee play offs.

or am I going to accused of having low expectations if I say top 7 would be a massive achievement .

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Have to say ....

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)5/4/2014 21:36Sat Apr 5 21:36:35 2014In response to '' and the swans go marching on ''Top of thread

Views: 2475

I was very disappointed with Fleet fans attitude as they left the ground. Mind you I know how we felt at Whitehawk!!!! Can't wait for Tuesday. On another note I think our back three are gelling well and dealing with some of these big ones in tight shirts that seem to be #OnTrend in the Skrill South! :-)

FOLLOW THE SWANS

Fleets Keeper

By Michael (legacy user)7/4/2014 08:54Mon Apr 7 08:54:01 2014In response to Have to say ....Top of thread

Views: 2353

I am not sure why the Fleets keeper wasted so much time on Saturday. Although he told me it is part of the game I would have thought they would have been much better to get the ball in play much quicker to try and score another goal. They were more than capable of doing so and paid the price in not doing so. And as for two of their players trying to get Oscars.

Michael

Realistic Ambitions

By TorquayRob (legacy user)5/4/2014 22:38Sat Apr 5 22:38:47 2014In response to Have to say ....Top of thread

Views: 2470

Another good point against a well drilled and skillful Ebbsfleet side who are destined for the play-offs. A great header for our equaliser by their number 7.
As for our ambition, I would have been happy with avoiding relegation at the start of the season given our attendance and budget. We have now all but ended that risk and lower mid-table seems to be the worst that could happen. However, let's look up. Yes, teams above us have more points, better goal difference and games in hand but 6 wins and...
To be in this position at this stage of the season is fantastic. Our expectations have been exceeded but our ambitions have yet to be achieved.

On to Tuesday and then Saturday and the tricky matter of Dover away which has been a happy hunting ground in the last few years. Can't make next Saturday as I have to prepare for small matter of 26 miles on Sunday.

On that matter thank you for all those (including Mr Fleckney) who have sponsored me so far. For those who haven't please sponsor me in aid of St Georges who treated Alex and who are going to look after Mr Fleckney next week.

www.justgiving.com/robertgunning1

Torquay Rob

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Realistic Ambitions

By Anonymous (legacy user)6/4/2014 00:31Sun Apr 6 00:31:30 2014In response to Realistic AmbitionsTop of thread

Views: 2435

My expectations have not been exceeded, I will be disappointed if we fail to make the play off's!

Staines 'Boon' Town Football Club.

Previous thread: spot the ball twoooooo FREE ENTRY by Steve McC6/4/2014 20:38Sun Apr 6 20:38:05 2014view thread