Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Non League Day, Swans, Magpies and more ... by Follow the Swans5/9/2014 11:59Fri Sep 5 11:59:14 2014view thread

NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative ...

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)3/9/2014 16:49Wed Sep 3 16:49:48 2014

Views: 2052

Free entry to Season Ticket Holders of
Arsenal Brentford Chelsea QPR Reading & Wycombe [Proof Req'd]
Free Entry to all Service Personnel in uniform or with ID
Free Entry to anyone in Fancy Dress
Free Entry to Kids under 16 - Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult ...
stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/nld

FOLLOW THE SWANS

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative ...

By Dave (legacy user)3/9/2014 17:38Wed Sep 3 17:38:01 2014In response to NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative ...Top of thread

Views: 2028

Why not Tottenham or all EPL clubs?

Come on you Swans!!!

2 people like this 2 people   

NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative

By Dave_LW (legacy user)3/9/2014 19:02Wed Sep 3 19:02:20 2014In response to Re: NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative ...Top of thread

Views: 2007

Why limited to Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, QPR, Reading & Wycombe?

What about Fulham and Crystal Palace amongst others? Fulham is closer than all those except Brentford whilst Palace closer than Wycombe and Arsenal.

Re: NON LEAGUE DAY Initiative

By Danswan (legacy user)3/9/2014 19:21Wed Sep 3 19:21:26 2014In response to NON LEAGUE DAY InitiativeTop of thread

Views: 2030

Good start, but how do fans of these clubs know about the initiative ?

Please atleast ask the reporter of get surrey to mention it.

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

By Mark (legacy user)3/9/2014 19:54Wed Sep 3 19:54:32 2014In response to Re: NON LEAGUE DAY InitiativeTop of thread

Views: 2032

Can we not ask our friends at Chelsea?

By Anonymous (legacy user)4/9/2014 08:20Thu Sep 4 08:20:40 2014In response to Re: NON LEAGUE DAY InitiativeTop of thread

Views: 2012

Agree with others if you've done it for 4 or 5 pl London clubs,why not include them all.I've worked hard on a west ham fan (i think he's coming down with his son) if they got in at full price and as he is from Staines,gets chatting to a Chelsea fan,how's he going to feel having paid double on his 1st visit.
I do realise you can't please all the people all the time,but this seams yet another last minute thing done by the club,that hasn't been thought through.and while I'm on the subject I'm not coming to as Many games this year,because the block tickets have been stopped.so if £12 is more important than regular visits tough

Come on you Swans

1 person likes this 1 person   

this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :)

By Anonymous (legacy user)4/9/2014 10:42Thu Sep 4 10:42:22 2014In response to Re: NON LEAGUE DAY InitiativeTop of thread

Views: 2084

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/northern-league-step-three/11176/fancy-some-mushrooms-then-head-to-bungay-town/

Come on you Swans

Re: this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :)

By gordon (legacy user)4/9/2014 16:34Thu Sep 4 16:34:00 2014In response to this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :) Top of thread

Views: 1974

Just can't imagine any Premier league season ticket holders being enticed to S.T.F.C on the promise of a little bunch of Dahlias to take home to the mrs's.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :)

By Danswan (legacy user)4/9/2014 12:55Thu Sep 4 12:55:30 2014In response to this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :) Top of thread

Views: 1982

I know for a fact that Gosport have the initiative for all season tickets.

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

Non league day discrimination

By Dave_LW (legacy user)4/9/2014 13:46Thu Sep 4 13:46:46 2014In response to Re: this is quality :) gordon any spare flowers :) Top of thread

Views: 2025

I was intending to go on Saturday and pay my £12, it would have been my 3rd visit of the season after the St Albans and Weston defeats*. As a season ticket holder of a London league club I am exceptionally put out that a friend with a season ticket at QPR will get free admission whilst mine at Fulham will not give the same benefit.

It is not the money but the principle of the matter. This has alienated me and certainly I will choose a different non-league game to go to. Ironically with no deal at all I would have paid my £12, with a half-baked initiative in place I will not pay anything, to Staines at least this weekend.

Whilst I don’t live in the area now I tend to see around 6 or 7 games a season but based on this I’m not sure when I will return this season.

*given my record may be I should be paid to stay away :)

5 people like this 5 people   

Big Sigh ...

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)4/9/2014 17:52Thu Sep 4 17:52:24 2014In response to Non league day discriminationTop of thread

Views: 1955

The ST offer was my idea to try and attract a few more 'football supporters' to see the Swans and roughly based on clubs that have been involved at WP pre-season, Ladies Football etc. I think there could have been many takes on the initiatives and ideas and 'discrimination' is a strong word. I am sure that the club would be open to other initiatives during the season and this one was to envelop the 'Non League Day' spirit. I look forward to ideas emailed through to [email protected] which I can put forward. Hopefully you will see that the initiative was in good faith and the Under 16's, Armed Forces and others will come along on Saturday ...

FOLLOW THE SWANS

Even Tottenham

By John Blair (legacy user)4/9/2014 22:45Thu Sep 4 22:45:01 2014In response to Big Sigh ...Top of thread

Views: 1922

I think the initiative is a good one but i think it should be opened to season ticket holders of all London clubs(even Tottenham!!! LOL)

Re: Big Sigh ...

By Dave_LW (legacy user)4/9/2014 18:21Thu Sep 4 18:21:38 2014In response to Big Sigh ...Top of thread

Views: 1978

Yes, discrimination is possibly a bit strong but I feel it totally unfair that a season ticket holder of eg QPR or Arsenal would pay a different rate to me as a Fulham one, or others as for example Tottenham. Sutton for example are saying £5 for any Premier / Football League Club which is a far more equitable scenario (not that I'll be going there). There are plenty of other similar initiatives.

Thanks for the response though (I didn't get one from my Twitter question yesterday) and I'm pleased that the club are engaging in the initiative. I'll be interested to see the crowd for this game and in particular the subsequent ones.

SPURS & FULHAM added ...

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)5/9/2014 13:00Fri Sep 5 13:00:28 2014In response to Re: Big Sigh ...Top of thread

Views: 1951

SPURS & Fulham also added to the list ... Thanks to all who have added mentions and emailed. If you have any ideas for the club I am happy to put them forward on behalf of fans.

FOLLOW THE SWANS

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

what about west ham

By Anonymous (legacy user)5/9/2014 16:28Fri Sep 5 16:28:35 2014In response to SPURS & FULHAM added ...Top of thread

Views: 1997

Someone I know is coming down (not definite but said he would) with his son,he's been to wp to watch west ham youth when they played Chelsea,would be nice bonus if he had a half price day along with other pl fans & who knows if the boys turn up he may come back

Come on you Swans

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: New striker ! by Andrew675/9/2014 08:37Fri Sep 5 08:37:14 2014view thread