Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thoughts and feelings for the game Vs Whitehawk by Pat17/10/2014 16:31Fri Oct 17 16:31:14 2014view thread

FA Cup heartbreak

By Andrew67 (legacy user)15/10/2014 10:14Wed Oct 15 10:14:06 2014

Views: 1955

Pride , passion and determination .

Three words that seem to have been lacking from my reports this season . Well last I can inform you all three were back with a bang.

OK the result didn't go our way , but the performance by the players was 100% better than anything we have seen so far this season.

Going 2-0 down was harsh on the swans , but take nothing away from Gloucester the 2 goals were great strikes which left Jack no chance of saving.

The fight and determination shown by the lads to get back into the game was superb .

All over the pitch they played really well . a special mention to Danny Basset , Ashley Lodge and Jack Turner. Gloucester couldn't live with Danny's pace , Lodgey was a warrior in the midfield and Jack made 2 world class , YES world class saves in the 2nd half .

The defeat was hard to take after a near 200 mile round trip but on reflection I came away form the Cotswolds feeling some pride and passion had been restored in my club.
Something to build on for the next few games and the climb hopefully up the table .

Thumbs down will be gratefully received :-)

COME ON YOU SWANS

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Re: FA Cup heartbreak

By Pat (legacy user)16/10/2014 01:22Thu Oct 16 01:22:36 2014In response to FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1757

If I'm honest the 2 goals especially the first Jack had no chance . If I'm being picky then Staines should not allowed the player to get his shot away . However the 3rd goal .. Well I'm sorry but that is diabolical defending .. Anyways if Marcus signs on I'm sure he will keep us up ! Staines Town... The club that never spends.

It's Just Banter ... Calm Down

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Dom weir (legacy user)15/10/2014 20:19Wed Oct 15 20:19:44 2014In response to FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1803

I'm sorry to be negative but no one can pull the wool over my eyes. We conceded 3 goals last night, all very sloppy defending from all when watching the highlights. We lost to a team second bottom in the same equivalent as our league? That shows we just simply, and I state again,aren't good enough.
Andrew, I appreciate your comments after last night but my view in regards to the team is true, current form and results show it.
Be realistic all, it's hard times for Staines. The fans are passionate about the club hence why people post and most dislike it.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Andrew67 (legacy user)15/10/2014 20:54Wed Oct 15 20:54:58 2014In response to Re: FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1795

Dom you know I agree in essence with your opinion of the team and performances.
and I wasn't trying to but a different spin on things just to cheer everyone up
I just say it as I see it
your right there are issues , and yes pride and passion wont win games

But at least the guys didn't hide and end up getting battered once they went 2 down

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By TorquayRob (legacy user)15/10/2014 12:54Wed Oct 15 12:54:08 2014In response to FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1816

Shame I couldn't make it - sounds like a good performance.
Delighted to hear that the passion was back, despite the result. Hope for more of the same on Saturday.

Torquay Rob

By John Blair (legacy user)15/10/2014 21:16Wed Oct 15 21:16:47 2014In response to Re: FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1854

I could'nt make it either but from what i have been told we were unlucky not to take the game to extra time, or even win it.
The team,i am told,played with more passion than has been seen in some of the recent defeats.
There is a lot to be done by the team to move us out of the bottom 2 , but if the team play with passion and commitment then i am sure that it is only a matter of time before we turn the corner.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By JB (legacy user)15/10/2014 23:02Wed Oct 15 23:02:28 2014In response to Re: FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1775

It was a better performance & a much better game than on Saturday, but for all three goals we conceded our defence failed to close their strikers down quick enough.

And I really don't understand what Marcus sees in Buchanan. He doesn't score, doesn't create & yet it was Louie T who was subbed when we needed goals. Louie didn't have the best game, but at least forced their keeper to make a fingertip save in the first half. Elliott had a one-on-one in the second half, but his shot had all the strength of a scuffed back pass.

JB

By Danswan (legacy user)16/10/2014 08:41Thu Oct 16 08:41:14 2014In response to Re: FA Cup heartbreak Top of thread

Views: 1786

I agree with that , would rather have seen Louie Rae Beadle play there

Staines Towns Most Wanted

Previous thread: Goals by tigerroar15/10/2014 20:27Wed Oct 15 20:27:01 2014view thread