Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: CARPENTER/KITCHEN FITTER by Sally30/10/2014 10:00Thu Oct 30 10:00:25 2014view thread

Louie T departs

By Andrew67 (legacy user)30/10/2014 10:03Thu Oct 30 10:03:57 2014

Views: 2733

So just as I thought Louie's departure has divided opinion both on here and on my twitter feed.

Firstly I would like to thank Louie for his contribution to the club over the last 2 seasons . he has achieved great things whilst at the club and as fans we should be grateful of that .
I guess wishing him luck at Farnborough is pushing it a bit far . However I believe Louie will score goals where ever he goes. im led to believe he scored last night in a friendly for Farnborough .

The club statement would lead us to believe Louie no longer wanted to play for Staines anymore , Louie stated in pre season he hoped this would be his last season playing in the conference south. strange he has moved to a side that look less likely than us to be promoted currently.

So we have lost Jordan Brown (no obvious replacement) Lewis Ferrel Scott Taylor and now Louie T . 4 of the so called '' senior players '' we hear a lot about all being replaced by younger inexperienced youth/academy players. who will and are currently finding it hard to play at this level .

Louie T will be hard to replace purely for his goal scoring record and for that we should remember him fondly

DONT FORGET

ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Louie T departs

By Danswan (legacy user)30/10/2014 10:51Thu Oct 30 10:51:33 2014In response to Louie T departs Top of thread

Views: 2699

Makes me chuckle, A lot of fans here adored Ali Chabaan... Who had a much worse attitude than Louis T ! Im afraid there is more to football than just being a team player. Louis would give you 20+ goals every season and he is exactly the sort of player that we need. Do you not think his lack of interest may be down to the current tactics being played ? Also think that releasing Brendan Kiernan played a huge part in Louis leaving, Brendan was one of the most technically able in the squad and im sure given time him and Louis would have struck up a superb partnership. When a player sees experienced players being released and young kids becoming the saviours of course he would want to leave.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

2 people like this 2 people   

Ali C

By TorquayRob (legacy user)30/10/2014 23:15Thu Oct 30 23:15:51 2014In response to Re: Louie T departs Top of thread

Views: 2566

Just one thing on Ali. He was ball greedy, stroppy and sometimes was only in it for himself. However, meet him off the pitch and he would talk to the fans and even had a sense of humour about his bad attitude.
I met him in the bar after we had played Sutton away and asked him why he was there and not playing for his club, Boreham Wood, that night. He said he had left. I said "Did you fall out with the manager again?" To which he indignantly replied "No!" before adding " I had a fight with the assistant!"

Torquay Rob

Re: Ali C

By John Blair (legacy user)31/10/2014 07:57Fri Oct 31 07:57:34 2014In response to Ali CTop of thread

Views: 2783

I would agree with Rob regarding Ali C turning up at Sutton to watch Staines.
That was'nt the only time that he turned up to watch us on a cold,and sometimes wet,Tuesday night.
He was a character who always had time for the fans,and respect for the chairman.
I can't see Louis T turning up to Staines to watch us!!!

Re: Ali C

By Danswan (legacy user)31/10/2014 08:56Fri Oct 31 08:56:28 2014In response to Re: Ali CTop of thread

Views: 2677

Yes I agree ... Off the pitch Ali was a nice guy who had time for everyone. But I am talking about on the pitch, I don't judge a footballer for how nice they are.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

Previous thread: Louie ''gone'' T by Andrew6729/10/2014 19:43Wed Oct 29 19:43:05 2014view thread