Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA trophy by Andrew671/12/2014 12:09Mon Dec 1 12:09:16 2014view thread

Poole @ Home

By Andrew67 (legacy user)30/11/2014 11:31Sun Nov 30 11:31:25 2014

Views: 2589

Before I enthral you all with usual post match dribble I would like to say well done to Steve Parsons & Stuart Moore, yesterdays tribute to John Hanson in the programme was a credit to the club , as was john himself. He will be truly missed.

Also the footnote regarding the tragic and seemingly early death of cricketer Phil Hughes was a splendid touch .

Now it was mentioned pre game that I had been somewhat ' quiet' in here of late , so here goes for all those whom have missed my drivel

I will begin with a humble back tracking remark , I feel I was wrong regarding the sale of Louie T . On reflection it seems since his departure the cohesion on the pitch does look better, and the addition of Elliot Charles who in my humble opinion could be a Staines Town Legend in the making was a masterstroke .

When I wrote that I thought the club had made a massive mistake selling Louie I was typing with raw emotion , and should have waited a couple of days . And judging by the fans reaction to him at Farnborough I wouldn't be surprised if ' Mr T ' is on the move again soon .

Now Yesterday was always going to be tough , it was made tougher by a referee who only seemed capable of making atrocious decisions.
I think Poole thought at 2-0 they had won the game only to be hit with 2 well taken goals before 1/2 time.
The 2nd half was proper cup football . End to end with both midfields pretty much obsolete , at the end either side could have nicked it but a draw was maybe a fair reflection .
So off down to the biggest football pitch in the world yet again on Tuesday and hopefully come back with a win .

And don't forget

'ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS'

reply to this article | return to the front page

Elliott Charles

By John Blair (legacy user)30/11/2014 11:49Sun Nov 30 11:49:10 2014In response to Poole @ HomeTop of thread

Views: 2442

Seems to be a very good signing.
Judging by his first 3 games for us he is proving to be a much better team player than Louie T and,as Andrew says,our performances are a lot more cohesive now.

Elliott Charles

By VW Swan (legacy user)30/11/2014 14:15Sun Nov 30 14:15:08 2014In response to Elliott CharlesTop of thread

Views: 2382

Think it was two assists and a goal for Elliott yesterday. Also how refreshing to see a striker challenging and winning most headers. Think Rose needs a little bit of match fitness and then we could have a decent strike partnership. Great to see Lodgey get on the score sheet. On to Wealdstone next week and a massive 6 pointer.

Re: Elliott Charles

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)30/11/2014 16:03Sun Nov 30 16:03:59 2014In response to Elliott CharlesTop of thread

Views: 2490

Charles looks great to me! Have even seen signs of some good touches from Buchanan too ... but really pleased with Lodgey scoring. Fully deserved after another energetic display. Great cup tie! Poor Ref!

FOLLOW THE SWANS

Previous thread: John Hanson-RIP by John Blair22/11/2014 20:45Sat Nov 22 20:45:10 2014view thread