Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Swans Academy win 8-0 ... by Follow the Swans8/12/2014 21:52Mon Dec 8 21:52:12 2014view thread

Today's referee

By Michael (legacy user)6/12/2014 18:12Sat Dec 6 18:12:15 2014

Views: 2819

I can say without any doubt that today's referee was a total disgrace to the game of football and beyond. Sent off Chris M'Boungou for an alleged second booking which was not the case. As I understand it that when questioned he stated 'They all look the same'. He may have used the F word as well. Marcus received a red card in the process as I would imagine that he too exception to that statement as I am sure most people would as well. Later he sent off Bajram Pashaj for slightly touching the keeper if that. He totally lost it and if the above is true the ref should be banned from the game,

Michael

reply to this article | return to the front page

Wealdstone

By Roger (legacy user)6/12/2014 19:08Sat Dec 6 19:08:50 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2755

I thought Staines deserved a point from today's game. It was not a dirty game and I am afraid the ref spoilt the game. If Staines continue with the work effort I am sure things will improve. Ashley Lodge my man of the match.

Today's referee

By VW Swan (legacy user)6/12/2014 18:26Sat Dec 6 18:26:06 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2710

Totally agree Michael he was appalling. Bajram didn't even deserve a yellow. Never seen Marcus so angry so guess something was said that riled him and if your statement is true the ref should be banned from the game. That said with 9 men we were the better team and they looked very nervous just a shame we couldn't get the breakthrough that our efforts deserved. Lodgey ran his socks off as usual and I thought he was our M-O-M although I heard on the tannoy that the ref won the official M-O-M award as well as the 50-50 draw and the golden goal ticket! Later heard their goalkeeper call him Dad.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Today's referee

By John Blair (legacy user)6/12/2014 18:24Sat Dec 6 18:24:32 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2710

The referee today was a disgrace to his profession.
Sent off the wrong man and allegedly said what its said he said.(now that was a mouthful). Hopefully he only meant that they were all 'wearing the same coloured shirt'.
From 6 foot away from the Bajram incident i would say that Bajram never touched him , he simply jumped over him. A straight red for that incident was ridiculous.
On another note i thought that we were unlucky to lose the game,and that we deserved a draw.

On a plus note i see that Farnborough lost 7-0. Shame!!!

Today's referee

By Anonymous (legacy user)8/12/2014 00:03Mon Dec 8 00:03:58 2014In response to Re: Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2449

As a Wealdstone supporter and at Sat's game, I would not argue with some of the comments on the game. Yes, Staines deserved at least a point. Yes you were certainly better than us 2nd half, even more so when down to 9 men. We were poor 2nd half and played far too deep and can only presume because we wanted to protect a fragile lead.
We didn't like it and it showed because we went quiet and we were all nervous.
As for the red cards....I don't know what was said by the Ref for the first, as I didn't hear it but apparently it was for a second booking for swearing, not for the ball being thrown away. Make of that what you will.
As for the second red. Sorry John, you are wrong mate. Bajram didn't simply jump over our keeper. He did actually stamp on North's head and that can be seen clearly on the video.

We have had our fair share of bad Ref's and so understand how you all feel and nothing ever seems to go for you at this end of the table.
However, I hope you manage to steer clear of the dreaded drop but not at our expense! :-)

By Danswan (legacy user)8/12/2014 09:29Mon Dec 8 09:29:01 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2375

To be fair most of what you say below is fair but cant agree about deserving a draw. We had 3 or 4 crucial chances that we didn't even hit the target, we need to at least test the keeper...Which brings me onto my next point, That wasn't even a foul let alone a red card. The keeper made a hash of the save and Pashaj was entitled to challenge for the ball, If he did stamp on his head then the keeper would be in agony and require treatment. He would be concentrating more on receiving treatment than winking and laughing at the crowd which was disgraceful. I was standing directly behind the incident and as I thought Pashaj stops his foot just short of the keeper and if anything slightly catches the keepers arm not his head. This is an incident that the referee cannot see, he hasn't asked his linesman for his opinion and has sent off the player based on Wealdstone players reactions alone.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

By Anonymous (legacy user)8/12/2014 16:27Mon Dec 8 16:27:13 2014In response to Re: Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2355

Wouldn't disagree Danswan. You did have good chances and missed those but so did we. If only points were given for missed chances huh?
All I can say about the 2nd red card is for you all to watch the video. Yes, the ball was there to be won but you can clearly see your guy didn't jump over our goalkeeper but he did deliberately stamp on his head.
You cannot see that from behind the goal but you can see it clearly on slow motion on video. From where I was in the ground, I thought he had jumped over and thought it a bad decision by the Ref but it wasn't until I saw the video that does confirm it.

Today's referee

By VW Swan (legacy user)8/12/2014 16:36Mon Dec 8 16:36:09 2014In response to Re: Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2358

Thanks Stones_fan for your comments and I would like to see the video. Regardless of the challenge and what might or might not have been what annoyed all behind the goal was your goalkeeper was clearly not hurt, got straight up and then laughed and winked at us when the red card was produced. Ref produced the red card very quickly as if earlier events had upset him.

Today's referee

By VW Swan (legacy user)8/12/2014 17:04Mon Dec 8 17:04:35 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2329

Actually just watched the video and honestly Stones_fan that is never a red card offence, even a yellow would have been a bit harsh.

By John Blair (legacy user)8/12/2014 20:35Mon Dec 8 20:35:40 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2340

I would agree.
Having watched the video(which conveniently does'nt show the first 2 red cards) Bajram should have had a yellow at worst. You can clearly see that he goes for the loose ball and makes minimal contact with the keeper. And that minimal contact does'nt involve the keepers head!!

Today's referee

By Dave_LW (legacy user)6/12/2014 18:49Sat Dec 6 18:49:50 2014In response to Re: Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2691

I don't usually like to comment on the officials but have to make an exception today. Ironically I thought he'd been fine in the first half but just lost the plot after the interval.

For the first I could see why there was a yellow for throwing the ball down in a manner that could possibly be considered dissent. Clearly through mistaken identity and the reaction would surely have given an indication that he'd got something wrong and should have checked with the assistant. If he made those comments I'd hope the club will lodge a formal complaint but needs to have plenty of witnesses to the comments.

The second sending off was a shocker. The ball was there to be had and I thought the keeper did well to get it. There was a bit of an unnecessary reaction from couple of defenders but nothing from the keeper.

Staines did well with 9 men - had good late free kick opportunity from just outside the box but unfortunately wasted.

By Wakes (legacy user)6/12/2014 19:49Sat Dec 6 19:49:32 2014In response to Today's refereeTop of thread

Views: 2675

Worst performance by a referee I have ever seen in the 25 years I have been following Staines. Truly unbelievable.

Previous thread: Absolute classic from Spencer Day by Danswan8/12/2014 11:25Mon Dec 8 11:25:48 2014view thread