Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Merstham 5-1 Staines Town | Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com17/1/2016 11:01Sun Jan 17 11:01:50 2016view thread

The winter of discontent !

By Andrew6717/1/2016 10:25Sun Jan 17 10:25:57 2016

Views: 1664

So I ran a twitter poll last night , 60% of voters said I should post so here goes...........

This great club is in serious danger of falling out of this league. I'm not sugar coating it that's a fact .

Blame is an easy game but if its true and the last manager had 11 players on contract then we know why so many players are going through the motions .

As fans all we ask for is the players show the same passion and commitment that we do week in week out .
At the moment we are seeing the complete opposite .

In my opinion this is worse than the garbage we witnessed last season at this stage .

One thing that stuck out yesterday was the lack of a leader on the pitch. If nobody wants to take responsibility for this then what hope is there .

When one of the players turns to us behind the goal and says '' I don't know why you guys keep coming to watch this''
It shows there is a massive issue.. And this is one of only a few players who really does care and actually appreciates the fans.

If we were being beaten by quality teams week in week out maybe this wouldn't be as bad , however yesterdays opponents looked bang average .

I don't have the answer , all I ask for is players who want to wear the Staines shirt with pride , play football like they actually care and show some commitment to turning this round.

I will not stop posting my opinion whether its on here or on twitter . And if you don't like it tough . Being all soft and fluffy and pretending everything is ok wont cut it I'm afraid.

And Don't Forget

'' ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS''

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: The winter of discontent !

By domweir17/1/2016 13:52Sun Jan 17 13:52:59 2016In response to The winter of discontent !Top of thread

Views: 1455

Yesterday we were quite simply awful. I still don't get why we persist with playing so wide with Kalu and luke. Kalu had a good game I thought, luke on the other hand, no comment. As we play so wide, we leave too much space in the middle of the park and we get walked all over. Pat cox needs help up top, he's just too isolated. Terence was drifting all over the place, poor kid looked lost. No real leaders on the pitch, no voices or instructions between the team, confidence is low and we need to get something changed quick.

2 people like this 2 people   

By adidasman17/1/2016 12:47Sun Jan 17 12:47:10 2016In response to The winter of discontent !Top of thread

Views: 1516

A good honest post,and like you say I don't have the answer but surely something has to change.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Follow the Swans17/1/2016 17:57Sun Jan 17 17:57:09 2016In response to Re: The winter of discontent !Top of thread

Views: 1400

May not have been there yesterday but it is hurting. Looking ahead we have Hendon (said it before but it is a seriously must win) followed by a tough couple of games in East Anglia. For me this is THE defining moment. Tied up this week with MIDDLESEX Cup the league goes on around us as sides (Merstham etc) improve ... Games in hand means nothing! A tweet featured a #tellitlikeitis hash tag. Rest assured Tweets get RT'd unless they are 'out of order' so keep them coming!

Well done to all the fans who week in week out get behind whoever is on the pitch and on the sidelines!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Blair17/1/2016 19:06Sun Jan 17 19:06:58 2016In response to Re: The winter of discontent !Top of thread

Views: 1363

The last 2 games at Leatherhead and Merstham have been poor to say the least.
Few chances created - defensive uncertainty - poor performances - the list goes on.
Some players are playing with a lack of conviction as if they don't really want to be there , and some are a shadow of the player that they can be. A lot of the team are playing with little (or no) confidence.
I hope that Martyn and Mark - entrusted with holding the fort - can install a sense of belief in the team and turn things around.
The next week will be crucial - 2 home games(one cup/one league) . Good performances in both of these would set us up for what will be two very difficult games in East Anglia the following week.
I , for one , will be there to see the Spong/Fabian partnership kickstart our fortunes. ( I hope!! )

Previous thread: Rob ... by Follow the Swans14/1/2016 23:57Thu Jan 14 23:57:27 2016view thread