Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Staines Town 1-3 Dulwich Hamlet | Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com3/2/2016 21:21Wed Feb 3 21:21:10 2016view thread

1 win in 11

By Andrew673/2/2016 11:16Wed Feb 3 11:16:42 2016

Views: 1818

Right lets clear a few things up ..

1. Dulwich's away support last night was good . They create an atmosphere and clearly love their team .
2. Its easy supporting a team that's top of the league
3. I'm not jealous or bitter
4. If they think £12 is expensive . someone should warn them about ST Albans .

As my header says '' 1 win in 11 '' that's relegation form right there . No point hiding from its a FACT.

Since beating Burges Hill away on the 14/10/15 we have won 4 games (including Burges Hill)

That's Played 17 won 4 drawn 1 lost 12

Its all going very badly wrong , I don't have all the answers I'm hoping better footballing people at the club than me are trying to work it out .

Last night was a free hit for me , Dulwich are flying and in my opinion they are shoe ins for promotion .
We huffed and puffed like we normally do, but didn't really look like we had what it takes.
I cant knock the 2nd half performance , The Dulwich bench were getting nervy until they got the 3rd .

My view on selection is .

Drop Joe O'CEARUILL play Gough In the back 4 . Ab's needs to start games . and players need to get closer to Cox, he's winning so many headers with no reward .

And going back to point 2 in my opening ... Its easy supporting a team that's top of the league , You find out the real fans when you've been relegated and then the next season face another relegation .

And don't forget

''ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS''

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Great pics ...

By Follow the Swans3/2/2016 21:08Wed Feb 3 21:08:53 2016In response to 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1727

/www.flickr.com/photos/andythephotographer/sets/72157663696261080

Re: 1 win in 11

By Patrick Nixon3/2/2016 19:38Wed Feb 3 19:38:09 2016In response to 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1533

Again defensively last night we looked awful. The first goal we conceded was unlucky but the penalty was a stupid one to give away. Joe looked totally out of depth again and I have to say I don't think he is no where near Ryman level .

I agree with Dom 4-4-2 is a good formation to play . I just can't see where the next 3 points are gonna come ! Onwards to Saturday !

By scouser3/2/2016 15:54Wed Feb 3 15:54:05 2016In response to 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1576

I go along with what is being said. We are weak at the back and there is no support for Pat Cox. For me Pat needs to stay on his feet though, he goes over far to easy and moans if he doesn't get a free kick. Mich. Gough needs a long lay off. He is carrying an injury that refuses to go away. For me he needs to rest until he is 100%. He needs to think long term about his own health.

By danswan3/2/2016 13:17Wed Feb 3 13:17:04 2016In response to 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1607

Agree regarding the point of players getting closer to cox.

Michael did for the fantastic goal he scored, showed pace and nerve finishing it well.

It is obvious that cox will challenge for every header so why have our players not realised this yet ? Im fairly sure last night was probably the first goal of the season scored off a coxy knock on

By domweir3/2/2016 15:40Wed Feb 3 15:40:45 2016In response to Re: 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1591

We quite simply need to go back to BASICS. 4-4-2- Mike Basset style
Too many times were making defensive errors from set pieces, last nights third goal conceded was poor. Can we not stick with runners? win headers? at least challenge for the ball? school boy defending.
Our set pieces float into the box with no real venom. Each corner we have or free kick that goes into the box, no one hassles the opposition keeper or runs across the keeper or let alone makes the keeper work? so many keepers we play against have the easiest pay day of there footballing career against us at the moment.
The team need to move up and across the pitch as a unit when closing down the ball or trying to get back possession. Too many times last night we were caught ball watching but then other times there was encouragement from coxy to box in there team in there own half? this should happen the whole game! IF WE HAVENT GOT THE BALL WE NEED TO GET IT BACK!
we need to play with a striker up top with Cox, Michael is perfect for this. He has the pace and movement which cox doesn't have to get beyond defenders and cause them trouble.
I agree with Andrew that Abs played well when he came on. The problem I see with Abs is that he can pass a ball sideways and backwards but that final ball to make an attack or chance doesn't seem to be there. Take a chance, someone just take a chance and try to make forward pass to get beyond the opposition defence.
Lastly from last nights game, so many times we had the ball down the flank and so many times we could have crossed the ball into the box but we failed to deliver. If we can get a cross in, just put it in the MIXER! (we obviously need players busting a gut to get in that box)
We need 3 points Saturday, all or nothing.

By Follow the Swans3/2/2016 16:56Wed Feb 3 16:56:09 2016In response to Re: 1 win in 11Top of thread

Views: 1619

Some good comments here ... Concerned about Goughy and his injury and seriously concerned that we do not feed of Cox's back headers. We don't seem to know where our forward players are any more. [and I don't mean Luke] - Pleased to see Michael Campbell mixing it and his energy could be the answer to Cox's knock ons. Someone needs to be hammering the ball at the goal and I think Cox will be there to pick up the rebounds.

All in all we have to be concerned as our results are actually worse than those guys down the M3.

Big Up for the fans who despite facing a double drop sang their hearts out again!

Previous thread: Clever!!!!! by allen b1/2/2016 19:14Mon Feb 1 19:14:18 2016view thread