Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread

Is it time to turn this Forum off?

By Yellow Swan (pp7822)9/3 18:42Sat Mar 9 18:42:43 2024

Views: 322

In light of Staines Town never retuning, is it time to turn this forum off completely as a mark of respect? Perhaps a new forum could be started for those who have decided to follow Staines and Lammas FC? This forum
Simply conjured up painful memories of better times. Is it time to let go and close the forum down? Views…….

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Is it time to turn this Forum off?

By Arthur12/3 19:16Tue Mar 12 19:16:31 2024In response to Is it time to turn this Forum off?Top of thread

Views: 312

Staines Town Football Club is still in existence. It is separate from Staines Town football Club Limited which is in the process of liquidation - its main creditor being a loan due to the Director. There are insufficient funds to repay this loan to Staines Town football Club Limited. The Director, knowing the Limited Company was technically insolvent, remained in existence when the "guaranteeing" the Limited Company's trading for the next 12 months.

This is a fans forum and fans can air their personal views here as long as they wish. There is no compulsion to read it. there are also interesting comments about the "successor" club, Staines and Lammas FC, who seem to be performing well in their league. COYS

2 people like this 2 people   

By Wakes (Wakes)13/3 19:45Wed Mar 13 19:45:55 2024In response to Re: Is it time to turn this Forum off?Top of thread

Views: 289

Thanks for clearing this up Arthur. I myself feel it would be painful to let this forum go as it is kind of a memorial to the old Staines Town FC as in you wouldn’t throw old photos of a deceased loved one away so why would you get rid of the memories? In a way it kind of keeps part of the old club alive. We only have one senior football club in Staines and supporters of the old club feel that Staines and Lammas are the next best thing.

2 people like this 2 people   

By John Blair15/3 20:29Fri Mar 15 20:29:20 2024In response to Re: Is it time to turn this Forum off?Top of thread

Views: 281

I agree with Arthur and Wakes in that this forum should remain in existence.
Ok - so it does'nt get a lot of usage now but that's no excuse to bury it.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Application for Promotion into Step 6 Accepted by the FA by FlyingPiglet6/1 00:07Sat Jan 6 00:07:32 2024view thread