ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Lost to Farnham in SSCup 5-4 on Penalties by AL22/11 09:44Wed Nov 22 09:44:36 2017view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Cray 2 Leafe 2 by AL10/11/2016 09:55Thu Nov 10 09:55:11 2016view thread

Terry Douce RIP

By AL2/11/2016 14:46Wed Nov 2 14:46:07 2016

Views: 731

I can only agree with the comments made on the web site regarding Terry, he was whole heartedly a Whyteleafe FC Man and will be sorely missed, Our thoughts go out to Pam and the family.

Last nights victory goes to the Memory Of Terry who joins a long List of Past Officers and Members who have dedicated much to the Club

RIP

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Terry Douce RIP

By Clive (T LEAFE)2/11/2016 16:35Wed Nov 2 16:35:06 2016In response to Terry Douce RIPTop of thread

Views: 674

Very sad news about Terry.

I have only been watching the Leafe for 18 years so there are plenty more people who knew Terry much longer than me and must have loads of anecdotes to tell. But Terry always had something to say. And it wasn't always complimentary!! But he always wanted to talk. When I was able to spend some time helping around the ground Terry was always there. Usually moaning about something. But he was there. I can't imagine the club without him. He was that much a presence. He was such a character.

As I said before I don't feel able to tell anyone what he was like. Everyone knew Terry. But one of my favourite stories about Terry was from a bonfire night at the Leafe. It had been raining so the fireworks had been put in a dugout. In marched Terry to check the fireworks, pipe lit in his mouth...He almost blew the place up.....

Thanks Terry for being you.

Terry

By Mrs K2/11/2016 16:23Wed Nov 2 16:23:55 2016In response to Terry Douce RIPTop of thread

Views: 631

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Terry. He was ever present for so many years and so much part of Whyteleafe FC.

I started watching Whyteleafe during the 1999 FA Cup run and remember rushing down to the club with Allen, once we knew the tickets for the Chester match were on sale - there was Terry in the Clubhouse, and he was so friendly and enthusiastic and made us so welcome that we immediately began to feel part of the Leafe family. I think we got tickets 5 and 6, so his enthusiasm may have waned a little later in the week when he was selling the 1,000th, but, probably not.

He will be greatly missed by all, and that will be many many people as he was also a referee on top of looking after the ground and doing many other things around the club as well as being a faithful supporter home and away.

With sincere condolences to Pam, Graham and all the family.

Edited by Mrs K at 18:52:42 on 3rd November 2016

Re: Terry

By Brian2/11/2016 18:09Wed Nov 2 18:09:48 2016In response to TerryTop of thread

Views: 595

Terry Douce. Whyteleafe Legend . I have been supporting Leafe for 24 years and Terry has been a huge part of the club in all the time I've been there. He loved the club and did so much to make it what it is now in all sorts of capacities. I remember the many ground work days, pulling up weeds from the terraces or painting dressing room doors. Terry was always there. Also remember his car rallies that we took part in and as a youth manager for many years, Terry refereed many of my games. Also ran the line on a number of occassions for the first team when an official either didnt turn up or got injured during a match. Thinking of all his family, many of whom have followed him at WFC in various roles.

Edited by Brian at 23:21:16 on 2nd November 2016

Re: Terry Douce

By Pat Butcher Fan Club3/11/2016 09:37Thu Nov 3 09:37:17 2016In response to Re: TerryTop of thread

Views: 634

It was a privilege to know Terry and Whyteleafe FC really won't be quite the same without him.

I can recall many times when I used to do the car park entrance that Terry would be the one driving out at 2.15 PM, covered in mud and grass from working on the pitch all morning, then be back at 2.45 PM showered and looking immaculately suited and booted ready for the match.

Terry could rant with the best of them (or referee coaching as we prefer to call it) but was also a kind and generous man who enjoyed a hearty laugh and banter. There are some great photographs of Terry celebrating Leafe goals, still with the excitement of a youngster who had just seen their first one!

One of my favourite moments was at a match where the Referee was having, shall we say, a difficult afternoon. Terry raged "If you were on performance related pay, you'd get pi__ all!"

Sincere condolences to Pam, Graham and all of the family. Through his children, grand-children, and great-grand-children, Terry leaves a huge legacy that I know he was immensely proud of.

Rest In Peace.

Mark

PAT BUTCHER FAN CLUB | Watching Leafe since 1993 | Voice on the PA | Retired Programme Editor | "Butcher's Bites" Columnist | Saw Garland score from the half-way line | Away day Peace Negotiation Officer

Edited by Pat Butcher Fan Club at 09:37:38 on 3rd November 2016

By LinesmanIan3/11/2016 11:02Thu Nov 3 11:02:02 2016In response to Re: Terry DouceTop of thread

Views: 721

RIP Terry
A familiar face to me at the club
Thoughts with family and friends

By Edward3/11/2016 14:14Thu Nov 3 14:14:34 2016In response to Re: Terry DouceTop of thread

Views: 561

I can only echo what others have said about Terry. He was certainly someone who would have a moan at times but one could not wish for a more hard working and helpful person who could be great fun and gave immeasurable hours of his time to the club.
My sympathies to Graham, Pam and the rest of his family, it was obvious that you couldn't have wished for a better Father who was incredibly supportive of his family

Funeral details etc.

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)4/11/2016 14:09Fri Nov 4 14:09:49 2016In response to Re: Terry DouceTop of thread

Views: 573

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Radius Regular | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

Previous thread: 7 - 2 win away to East Grinstead!! by Mrs K1/11/2016 21:50Tue Nov 1 21:50:25 2016view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.