ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Herne Bay by Prosecco Supernova11/10 12:12Wed Oct 11 12:12:52 2017view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Faversham Tomorrow by Leafe Me Alone13/1 12:24Fri Jan 13 12:24:44 2017view thread

Great win

By Mrs K7/1 17:23Sat Jan 7 17:23:18 2017

Views: 528

Sounds like a great win today - 3 goals and a clean sheet against a top side.

Wish I could have been there.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Great win

By Brian7/1 20:53Sat Jan 7 20:53:52 2017In response to Great winTop of thread

Views: 464

Yes it was, and the second half was the best I have seen us play for a long time. The first half we were unlucky not to be ahead, their keeper could have been sent off and had the ref played advantage we had an open goal. Second half we destroyed them, sharp and quick in attack and won nearly every challenge at the back and in midfield. Added to that a disallowed goal, hit the wood work and a penalty denied it could have been a lot more. Many of the team performed well, in particular Andrew Musungu who was outstanding.

Re: Great win

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)8/1 17:12Sun Jan 8 17:12:25 2017In response to Re: Great winTop of thread

Views: 458

A loyt of people saif it but I'm not convinced the keeper should have been sent off! If he's handled it then he would have been but there's nothing in the laws stating that a goalkeeper making a foul should be sent of any more than a defender. Or are you saying any defender making the same challenge should have been set off?

The referee's error (if there was was one) was not to play advantage but he said afterwards that he had a very similar situation earlier in the season where he played advantage and the attacking team blasted it over the bar and then expected a free kick. You can't have your cake and eat it. Either you have the free kick or you go on and take a shot. It's a difficult decision to make in a split second.

Anyway, a fabulous performance from the whole team and we really seem to have found another gear now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Radius Regular | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

Previous thread: Good Luck at Tooting and Happy New Year to all at WFC by AL31/12/2016 12:45Sat Dec 31 12:45:35 2016view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.