ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mansfield Away by Bragbury106Today 19:55Today at 19:55:17view thread

Oldest article: Deadline Approaching by SA Administrator2/9/2018 12:02Sun Sep 2 12:02:17 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: "He is the type of person that the players wouldn't want to cross." (Who Are Ya?) by Vital Lincoln City7/12/2018 19:12Fri Dec 7 19:12:20 2018view thread

Re: Football was the loser

By Puds (Chuds)9/12/2018 11:24Sun Dec 9 11:24:54 2018In response to Re: Football was the loser

Views: 722

GW didn't have to, we had the same player at the same time every game, it was ingrained in them!

They were absolutely horrendous, with no interest in anything other than slowing everything down and seeing out the 1-0, from the minute Akinde (pen) went down and slotted away the pen (it was a foul, mind) early on. We created nothing all game though and had no obvious plan or tactics going on. Granted nor did they after their goal.

But that is exactly what we used to do, to the same extent, and whilst it frustrates as hell, it works. If their fans accept it and enjoy the results then fair play, if they try to pretend that is not what they are/do, that is hilarious. Like some of ours pretended we didn't do the same.

The thing is they have no need for it. They have some really good players. You aren't going to get better options than Andrade, Frecklington, Pett, Anderson and Akinde all attacking together at this level. And for a ten minute spell when they were actually trying to play they tore us apart with one-touch quick attacking passing. We couldn't get near them, they looked quality.

My main credit to them is, again like us in our prime, their work rate and organisation was top notch. They gave us no time in possession at all and always had at least one player on us, harassing us, forcing us into misplacing our passes all game long. Whereas we have them time and space on the ball, enabling them to pick out passes far more easily. Second half we had a lot more control, but as I said elsewhere, they have played twice in the ten days since we last played so you would expect us to show superior energy levels at the end. Sadly we did nothing with it.

I backed them to be promoted in the summer, nothing I saw yesterday makes me think they won't go up. They did exactly what they came to do and left with a pretty comfortable three points.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Football was the loser by Owen9/12/2018 11:23Sun Dec 9 11:23:43 2018

Previous thread: Revell by PotHole898/12/2018 17:29Sat Dec 8 17:29:41 2018view thread