ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Ronnie Henry Testimonial - 6th May

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: How about the performance then? by Deltic 21Yesterday 23:58Yesterday at 23:58:06view thread

Oldest article: Match thread 1-1 by WASP3/11/2018 15:38Sat Nov 3 15:38:01 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Our Guide to Newport County by The Daily Stevenage31/12/2018 16:28Mon Dec 31 16:28:03 2018view thread

Re: Crewe

By Boromatt30/12/2018 09:21Sun Dec 30 09:21:20 2018In response to Crewe

Views: 664

Disappointing result yesterday. It’s such a shame that the story of our season has been, winning one game, then losing the next two or three. Struggled with consistency in our form and performances.

I think it’s quite evident that Joel and Micheal in the midfield get overrun quite a lot, I saw that at the start of the season, but I think yesterday proved that massively. I feel sorry for the back 4, the amount of pressure they had to deal with yesterday was too much. It seems to me that in this league a lot of the teams have one really experienced midfield player along with a young player. The reason why I bring this up is, with a young player playing alongside an experienced player, it gives the side a bit more energy and the middle of the pitch. Take the win on Boxing Day for example, Iontton with Byrom, did we get overrun in the middle? No. But with Joel and Micheal playing together, both aren’t the youngest men in the division anymore, we seem to lose energy.

However, the sending off on Reidy was an absolute joke. When a player runs into a challenge like their right back did and Reidy reacts to kick the ball and accidentally caches their player it made it seem worse than it actually was because of the speed their player flew in at. A real lack of experience from the ref, very disappointing. But we can’t use the penalty and sending off as an excuse, we weren’t good enough yesterday and didn’t create many chances to get a point or the win.

January seems to be a very important month, a lot of games against lower places sides, a chance to get some points in the bag.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Crewe by Sev29/12/2018 20:15Sat Dec 29 20:15:45 2018

Previous thread: Who remembers.. by WASP30/12/2018 10:24Sun Dec 30 10:24:41 2018view thread