ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Leeds striker linked by CruffersToday 17:15Today at 17:15:45view thread

Oldest article: 2-0 :) by RockyBottom4/8/2018 15:29Sat Aug 4 15:29:15 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator12/1 19:09Sat Jan 12 19:09:49 2019view thread

My view on recent form

By Boromatt7/1 00:40Mon Jan 7 00:40:09 2019

Views: 1197

I just wanted to make a thread giving my view on what I believe are the main issues with the team at the moment, mainly 3 points.

Number 1: Tactics and homework (on opposition)

This has been probably my main issue throughout the season. There have been so many games (including yesterday) where the tactics have cost us massively along with the clear lack of homework we do on other teams. I’ll use yesterday as an example. Playing 4-3-3 on an open, wide pitch with 2 slow midfielders, against a side that like to get the ball wide with 2 fast players was extremely naive. Away from home, play a strong, tight midfield, keep the game tight with 20 to go and nick a result. It’s a fact that we score a lot of goals in the last 20 minutes of games, just keep in the game. IMO we seem to win and always lose the next game solely down to the fact that we play exactly the same tactics in the next game. Problem is, every team is different and you have to play a certain way to counteract the other teams strengths. Something we’ve lacked massively.

Number 2: Midfield

A concerning issue for me is our midfield. Something which has concerned me since the start of the season. I think Joel and Micheal are two experienced, class operators. But unfortunately lack pace and energy in the middle, because of this we get overrun too much in games, therefore leading to silly goals conceded. I feel for the back 4 and the amount of pressure the back 4 have had to deal with for the past few months. I’ve been there before as a centre half and when the middle of the pitch aren’t doing their jobs properly in tracking runners etc, it makes it so tough to be able to stop goals going in. Luckily, the transfer window is open and Dino IMO needs to invest in a big, strong, athletic midfield player to provide a bit more stability in the middle.

Number 3: Players not performing/players not been given a chance.

Another thing that seems to be holding this team back is there does seem to be some players underperforming when there are players on the bench who aren’t getting enough game time. Ben Kennedy, a great talent, great skills, but, isn’t cutting it. Gives the ball away a lot and for me doesn’t have enough impact to which he should have given his talent. At the moment Ben seems to be a luxury player. He’ll do something superb once in a while (goal at Luton and at home against MK Dons) but other than that doesn’t contribute enough. We have some really good players on the bench that hardly get any game time. Sonupe should be used a lot more and would give us pace and a threat out wide. Alex Reid, (I know his suspended) should be given more time, has pace and can score goals. James Ball, a tall lad, proven that he can score goals and would add a little extra in the midfield. Just 3 examples of players that should be playing more and would definitely help our issues currently.

Those 3 points IMO are the real main issues that I currently think are occurring with this team. To have 11 wins and 11 losses, with only 5 draws shows that we struggle seeing out results, that all comes down to the tactics. If Joel and Micheal are starting, put 5 in the middle, make it difficult for teams to break us down. However, I do think this team have so much potential and we do have a lot of experience with players who have played at the top of the division for many years. Yesterday was shit, the next 4 games are really important in getting out this blip we seem to be in. 3 teams down the bottom, Crawley, Morecambe and Yeovil, where we should be picking up at least 6-7 points. IMO we’re only 12 points away from definitely staying up this season, let’s get that done and dusted and then see where we are in relation to the top 7. Thoughts?

Edited by Boromatt at 00:48:10 on 7th January 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: My view on recent form by Sev7/1 20:58Mon Jan 7 20:58:48 2019

Previous thread: News Round Up by Sev9/1 20:57Wed Jan 9 20:57:36 2019view thread