You can have a good performance that is enjoyed and warrants applause, without there being anything to get anyone excited.
Yesterday being the perfect example.
Edit: Probably the best way to explain it is that regular fans (those with an affinity to us, regardless of frequency of attendance) will have been content with yesterday and appreciated the hard-working, organised performance that nullified a good side for 93 minutes, and could/should have won it via Gibson. I enjoyed our performance.
However, floating/neutral fans will have found it rather dull and lacking in any excitement as it was very uneventful. Very little in the way of goal mouth action, genuine chances created, good saves, potential penalty or red card incidents, goals etc.
The quality of football is unlikely to be good, certainly for sustained periods, as this is L2, and that is fine, but you would hope for more events to get everyone going and excited. To get people jumping up. It is this that brings people back to games, and simply because it is L2 in no way means there shouldn't be plenty of those. Games like yesterday will do nothing to bring neutrals back, but will keep us regulars happier. Take my attendance at Biggleswade when we have shit away games for instance. Why do I go there instead of staying at home? Because games are eventful and excite me, there is always plenty of action and talking points. If there wasn't, regardless of dogged displays by them, I wouldn't go. We need to be the same to people who could come to us ten or so times a season, and need to give them that excitement and reason to attend.
Of course it could be argued that the manner of our performance prevented that and that both sides' organisation cancelled each other out, and that had we been more gung ho to create these exciting moments they may have won 3-0 and nobody would be happy.
Edited by Chuds at 11:32:12 on 10th March 2019
Next article in this thread: Re: Dyson by Sev10/3 10:06Sun Mar 10 10:06:32 2019
- Dyson by WGC299/3 14:28Sat Mar 9 14:28:57 2019 1 person 1 personview thread
- Re: Dyson by Deano10/3 21:38Sun Mar 10 21:38:46 2019
- Re: Dyson by Freemo9/3 17:17Sat Mar 9 17:17:28 2019 3 people 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Puds9/3 15:56Sat Mar 9 15:56:53 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by WGC299/3 16:12Sat Mar 9 16:12:18 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Puds9/3 16:39Sat Mar 9 16:39:38 2019 5 people
- Re: Dyson by WGC299/3 17:49Sat Mar 9 17:49:31 2019 1 person 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Ogs9/3 23:40Sat Mar 9 23:40:13 2019
- Re: Dyson by Old Town Boro9/3 16:06Sat Mar 9 16:06:15 2019 1 person 2 people
- Re: Dyson by WGC299/3 16:12Sat Mar 9 16:12:46 2019 1 person 2 people
- Re: Dyson by Threshold9/3 17:38Sat Mar 9 17:38:51 2019 3 people
- Re: Dyson by Cruffers9/3 18:58Sat Mar 9 18:58:50 2019 2 people 3 people
- Re: Dyson by Ogs10/3 07:42Sun Mar 10 07:42:01 2019
- Re: Dyson by Bladders10/3 09:52Sun Mar 10 09:52:11 2019
- Re: Dyson by Ogs10/3 14:31Sun Mar 10 14:31:46 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Ratman4611/3 13:59Mon Mar 11 13:59:00 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Ogs11/3 18:30Mon Mar 11 18:30:30 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Bladders11/3 20:32Mon Mar 11 20:32:12 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Sev12/3 13:09Tue Mar 12 13:09:46 2019
- Re: Dyson by Bladders13/3 00:28Wed Mar 13 00:28:41 2019 1 person
- Re: Dyson by Puds12/3 13:25Tue Mar 12 13:25:39 2019
- Re: Dyson by Ogs11/3 23:18Mon Mar 11 23:18:55 2019 2 people
- Re: Dyson by WASP12/3 06:53Tue Mar 12 06:53:52 2019 2 people
- Re: Dyson by Puds10/3 10:59Sun Mar 10 10:59:41 2019 4 people
- Re: Dyson by Sev10/3 10:06Sun Mar 10 10:06:32 2019
- Re: Dyson by WASP10/3 12:51Sun Mar 10 12:51:36 2019
- Re: Dyson by Ratman4611/3 14:01Mon Mar 11 14:01:30 2019
- Re: Dyson by Sev10/3 09:02Sun Mar 10 09:02:53 2019
- Re: Dyson by Bankerbob9/3 23:26Sat Mar 9 23:26:52 2019 1 person