ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Mitchell Cole Tournament - 18th May

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New badge !!! by SFCfoxToday 10:03Today at 10:03:07view thread

Oldest article: History by Rob SBFC22/12/2018 22:49Sat Dec 22 22:49:16 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator13/3 07:53Wed Mar 13 07:53:23 2019view thread

Re: Dyson

By Puds (Chuds)10/3 10:59Sun Mar 10 10:59:41 2019In response to Re: Dyson

Views: 625

You can have a good performance that is enjoyed and warrants applause, without there being anything to get anyone excited.

Yesterday being the perfect example.

Edit: Probably the best way to explain it is that regular fans (those with an affinity to us, regardless of frequency of attendance) will have been content with yesterday and appreciated the hard-working, organised performance that nullified a good side for 93 minutes, and could/should have won it via Gibson. I enjoyed our performance.

However, floating/neutral fans will have found it rather dull and lacking in any excitement as it was very uneventful. Very little in the way of goal mouth action, genuine chances created, good saves, potential penalty or red card incidents, goals etc.

The quality of football is unlikely to be good, certainly for sustained periods, as this is L2, and that is fine, but you would hope for more events to get everyone going and excited. To get people jumping up. It is this that brings people back to games, and simply because it is L2 in no way means there shouldn't be plenty of those. Games like yesterday will do nothing to bring neutrals back, but will keep us regulars happier. Take my attendance at Biggleswade when we have shit away games for instance. Why do I go there instead of staying at home? Because games are eventful and excite me, there is always plenty of action and talking points. If there wasn't, regardless of dogged displays by them, I wouldn't go. We need to be the same to people who could come to us ten or so times a season, and need to give them that excitement and reason to attend.

Of course it could be argued that the manner of our performance prevented that and that both sides' organisation cancelled each other out, and that had we been more gung ho to create these exciting moments they may have won 3-0 and nobody would be happy.

Edited by Chuds at 11:32:12 on 10th March 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Dyson by Sev10/3 10:06Sun Mar 10 10:06:32 2019

Previous thread: Craig Hicks is tonights Referee by WASP12/3 17:45Tue Mar 12 17:45:52 2019view thread