ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: DC by DaveYesterday 17:20Yesterday at 17:20:38view thread

Oldest article: Chair by WASP2/2 16:55Sat Feb 2 16:55:40 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The Ronnie Henry Appreciation Post by Old Town Boro12/3 21:52Tue Mar 12 21:52:39 2019view thread

Re: Scholes leaves Oldham already! N/T

By Gitts n Grattz15/3 13:23Fri Mar 15 13:23:10 2019In response to Scholes leaves Oldham already! N/T

Views: 302

Of course there are always many sides to the story and unless you really know - you can’t really know for sure.

But as I understand it - Scholes seems possibly to be one of those people who have worked their way up the ladder as a player - through hard work and graft and succeeded with club and country to the pinnacle. He could have played for other teams in Europe - other giants - but stuck with his local clubs. Maybe for loyalty or maybe for easiness and, perhaps, a little laziness or lack of hard work to learn a new culture or take a risk elsewhere. Who knows.

But I would be sure that with the majority of ex Premier League hot shots who earned enough money in the newer crazy wages era - they are not likely to want to stick it out at a smaller club. Days gone by you’d have had ex England Internationals happy to start their managerial career at a realistic lower level. But I doubt that’s so true of today. Especially when there’s also good money in TV work.

Maybe the owner is lying and didn’t allow Scholes a free reign - but I think it’s safe to say that Scholes is a quitter if not a spoilt brat.

Edited by Gitts n Grattz at 13:23:26 on 15th March 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Scholes leaves Oldham already! N/T by Ogs15/3 16:13Fri Mar 15 16:13:04 2019

Previous thread: BoroGuide: Dons Go Breaking Our Heart... by Pete15/3 13:47Fri Mar 15 13:47:37 2019view thread