ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Fielding by YogiToday 17:40Today at 17:40:33view thread

Oldest article: Membership To Re-Open by SA Administrator26/3 09:40Tue Mar 26 09:40:08 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 3 points by Sev6/4 19:23Sat Apr 6 19:23:23 2019view thread

Re: Offers from abroad

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)6/4 13:36Sat Apr 6 13:36:22 2019In response to Offers from abroad

Views: 1171

How many clubs have gone bent with shady foreign investment?

I don't want some overseas investor rebranding and rebuilding our club into something commercial and slick that I don't recognise.

I'd rather continue to be a small tinpot fish in the football league. Otherwise I'd bugger off and support Spuds or Arsenal.

Even the successful ones, like Salford, are losing their identity as more and more money is poured in, yes they might get into the FL, and for us we might get up to the Championship with multi-millions poured in, but that comes at a cost.

If PW can find someone willing to bankroll the squad to enable us to compete in L1 I'd swallow that, but even then I'd be nervous of the investor pulling out, us being left high and dry with big wage bills and no ability to sustain them, followed by an insolvency order and a drop back to Conference South.

Maybe I'm just not that ambitious, but I started watching Stevenage because I liked the tinpot side of non-league and now the lower leagues. M happy here.

reply to this article | return to the front page

10 people like this 10 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Offers from abroad by WGC296/4 18:00Sat Apr 6 18:00:10 2019

Previous thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator13/4 17:07Sat Apr 13 17:07:38 2019view thread