ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Fielding by DonnellyrdToday 18:26Today at 18:26:28view thread

Oldest article: Membership To Re-Open by SA Administrator26/3 09:40Tue Mar 26 09:40:08 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 3 points by Sev6/4 19:23Sat Apr 6 19:23:23 2019view thread

Re: Offers from abroad

By AgentEves8/4 17:16Mon Apr 8 17:16:07 2019In response to Re: Offers from abroad

Views: 541

I heard that they sent out a bunch of vouchers offering entry for a fiver, something like 80,000 went out. Except a lot of them went to existing season ticket holders, which is mind numbing.

I also don't really know why the club doesn't acknowledge that people travel from outside of Stevenage, instead of thinking the only people who would support the team live in Stevenage. If anything, it's the opposite. If people in Stevenage aren't biting, shouldn't we be starting to market ourselves to various towns nearby?

I used to drive all the way from Sawbridgeworth, and then Stansted, and later on I used to get the bus & train from Hackney to go to games. Getting to Stevenage from London is easy - 20 mins from Kings Cross/Finsbury Park. So why not try and scoop up some disgruntled Arsenal fans?

They need to start offering something unique, too. I don't know what that could be, but there needs to be something.

Although I'm inclined to agree - I suspect if they did a promotional game offering free entry, they wouldn't see a huge increase in attendance. And even if they did, they would mostly be people who already go occasionally, or would be people who are literally only going because it's free and won't go again once they have to pay.

As long as football is on the TV, and you can be a Man Utd, Arsenal, Juventus or Real Madrid fan from your armchair, clubs like ours will never grow.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Offers from abroad by Jonnym88/4 19:58Mon Apr 8 19:58:22 2019

Previous thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator13/4 17:07Sat Apr 13 17:07:38 2019view thread