ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Harry Draper by Old Town BoroToday 22:56Today at 22:56:57view thread

Oldest article: James Ferry by Roland Rimbs28/3 21:48Thu Mar 28 21:48:30 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Mitchell Cole Memorial Tournament, This Saturday by keith_razor_sfc14/5 23:01Tue May 14 23:01:40 2019view thread

Re: Share in our future: Details

By Sev14/5 20:13Tue May 14 20:13:19 2019In response to Re: Share in our future: Details

Views: 609

Checking Companies House, the latest confirmation statement shows 324,800 shares in issue and looks like they are planning to issue new shares (12%).

They're valuing the club a £8.8 million. Not sure how they've come to that figure if it's £40 a share. Important to consider for me because if you're looking to buy and sell on the exchange, then we need to know how they're valuing the company i.e. what will make the value of the shares go up and who decides that on the Tifosy exchange? Is it a demand v supply led thing, or do they actually use financial performance data to revalue shares. ie. we report large profits so the share value goes up? I don't think I know enough how it all works to invest.

The latest accounts available show a balance sheet value of £181,000 so it's clearly not based on asset value.

Retained earnings went from minus £960,884 to minus £203,422 suggesting a profit for the period to 31 May 2018 of £757,462, so could be using a multiple of profits, but presumably that profit is largely down to the sale of Ben Wilmott, a one off that you might not normally take into account in valuing a company.

Obviously it's been valued professionally, not suggesting anything untoward, and ultimately the value of something is what people are willing to pay. Do I think it's a bit high as a potential investor, probably. And if it's a high initial value how likely is the value to go up even more, or will it just fall straight away.

Second point, if you buy 40 shares, then if there's 324,800 shares (plus 12% new ones) you're going to be owning about 0.01%. Hardly going to give you any real interest.

The attraction is based on the perks that come with it and whether you're willing to bet on us being promoted and doing well. If you're certain we will make the Championship then certainly it'll turn out a good investment.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Share in our future: Details by Owen14/5 20:26Tue May 14 20:26:33 2019

Previous thread: Shirt Sponsorship by Sev14/5 20:16Tue May 14 20:16:31 2019view thread