ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Potton vs Stevenage Fund Raising Match 30th Ju… by Dino Maamria's Goat.Today 00:17Today at 00:17:29view thread

Oldest article: James Ferry by Roland Rimbs28/3 21:48Thu Mar 28 21:48:30 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Cheerio, Ronnie by Dalai Thora24/5 11:31Fri May 24 11:31:47 2019view thread

Re: New badge !!!

By Gitts n Grattz23/5 17:37Thu May 23 17:37:30 2019In response to Re: New badge !!!

Views: 524

I’ll be honest - I am a designer. For my sins.

It’s such a subjective profession. I mean you can be a great plumber or doctor or salesman. But even if you do a good job as a designer there is always going to be a bunch of critics. So I understand the dilemma that Stevenage (and those outsiders involved) face when rebranding.

Like some have said - it is just a logo (or badge) and it’s not the end of the world. But you are right (and it was alluded to me today directly by the CEO) that it still costs a lot of money and forces a lot of change either way. I believe it should have been done better - by someone, anyone.

I haven’t had much time to devote to it and I knew it would be just ‘for fun’ ultimately. But had I been aware of the rebrand at an earlier stage I certainly would have offered my services for free (to a point). And I bet I’m not the only Stevenage fan who works as a designer or happens to be good at that kind of thing (even if not for their day job).

That’s the crazy thing. To me football clubs you support are like charity. You give more to them for less. Yet no doubt they did just go to any old outfit and paid their fees. Certainly looks like a poor effort - I wouldn’t be happy with it (and I would have spent far more time to get it right).

But there you go. And I promise not to add to this thread again as it’s already the length of England!

Unless anyone does want the vector artwork for that design G. Happy to upload to a link for anyone to download and use however they please.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: New badge !!! by Ogs24/5 09:40Fri May 24 09:40:30 2019

Previous thread: FAO Paulio by Mercury 8823/5 09:31Thu May 23 09:31:57 2019view thread