I know a few people on here don't do Twitter so I tried typing up what Reece put on there, hope he doesn't mind. I'm paraphrasing someone else's paraphrasing so it could all be a bit like Chinese whispers! Here goes:
"Re: Boxing. We got all the bar and food sales, hence why he was pulling pints. Huge event for the club, wants to do another one.
Re: North Stand. Will have a bar roughly the same size as the Broadhall Suite and a food bar and it will all be rather posh.
Re: Burger King. Big deal to have them on side, takes us to another level. Negotiations were easy.
Re: Rebranding. Everyone has a certain era that attaches them to the club but we need to appeal to a wider audience. Traditionalists won’t like it but all clubs change. Something about giving us options we didn't have before and modernisation. Joked that fans should blame Alex Tunbridge and not him.
Re: North stand opening. The facilities might be ready for first game of the season. Seats go in in six weeks.
Re: Transfer targets. Acquired 2 out of 3 of their non-league targets. Got deals done early because semi-pros don't being paid the second the season ends. Full time players are paid till 30th June. The club are comfortable to play game of waiting and are very close to signing a few. 2 or 3 TBA by the end of the month hopefully.
Re: Relying on fans investment: "Why not?"Scheme ends at the end of July at a time when there are a lot of good players suddenly available. £1.2 million worth of investment is a lot. Over 70 people have got involved and it's getting a lot of coverage which is never a bad thing. PW believes it’s an extremely good offer and it's attractive. Admits it's high risk in terms of us not getting promotion, but at least we won't go bust [Or something]. Voting will be on all key issues for fans ie: relocation or name change.
Re: Priorities for the year.
1. Get the North Stand finished. It's been a nightmare and we just need to get it done.
2. Enjoy the football. That means winning, but in a good way. Think he said something about the goal being automatic promotion and a cup run, perhaps anyone who was actually there could shed some light?
Re: Investment again. How’s he spending the money?
Over two years and it will be split between recruitment and wages. They have a list of players they would buy with the money. Free transfers with high wages or big name players. Has to see when the time comes. When we faced relegation he felt sick. You’ve got to spend money sometimes.
Re: The squad. Got a good core. Got "interesting" players they want to add to it. Some outstanding fringe players fighting through. Said that if we put a team out tomorrow, it would be a good one but it’s time to add quality players and he knows that's what we want.
Re: Backroom staff. Oldfield is waiting to see what happens with Yeovil because he wants to manage. However, he’s willing to come here.
We don't have a "number two". There are currently two coaches alongside Dino who wants Oldfield, but we'll have to wait and see. Dino has a list of 4 [coaches he'd like for us to get].
Re: Balance of the team. We’re not naive, the chance of doing a Notts County is real in this league. It's a puzzle that needs putting together. The dressing room spirit is very high
Re: Loanees next season. There will be loanees but not until late on. The Seddon and Chair types come late. We want Seddon "but you know the rest." He is loved and is a typical Stevenage player. Said that we don’t need kids, we need clear talent Ie: Chair, Amos, Seny, Seddon. We're not thinking about loans right now.
Re: Programmes. They will be going all digital. Programmes cost the club too much money and going digital means increased income.
Re: Kits. They should be available now but they [Macron] don’t want us to release them just yet. It should be before the July 1st.
Re: Youth Strategy. We're in a seven year plan. There's a clear conveyer belt of talent coming through. Sarll started it. The club DNA is all about bringing them through but they need to be right like Wilmot was.
Random bits and bobs: We got a load of cash from Spurs recently. If QPR sell Freeman we're going to get some of that too.
Re: Ben Kennedy. Not on the transfer list. Has lots of fitness issues. He's got to get his mind in the right place because he can win games on his own.
Re: Byrom and Revel. Still waiting on Byrom. He has only just got married after all. Alex is back from holiday next week and is still talking with club.
Ronnie is going to the conference south.
[Insert stuff I didn't feel deem worth mentioning here]
Spurs youth games at BHW next year 90% likely to happen again.
Both bars are open to home and away fans.
Re: Relationships with council and UK Power. Council has no money to give us like the used to. They want us to do well but they can’t really help. Very co-operative though despite some disagreements.
UK power were brilliant once they finally turned up. Now they owe us money apparently.
Re: State of the club. Sometimes it's just about luck. He'd rather us be a lucky club than a sometimes competitive club who have to sell a player to survive. We've got to have a cup run and spend that income wisely.
Re: LED screens. There's a meeting tomorrow outside the ground concerning them. There's going to be one in the North East Corner AND he also want one facing Six Hills Way.
PW has zero plans to retire in the near future.
Back to the kits. It’s all Macrons fault
The home kit is “funky” and the Away kit is "classy"
Re: The pitch. New one just been laid. Spurs recommended a seed and it’s been fantastic. Unbelievable standard.
Laird's not coming back. Can’t always go back to what we've had before.
Re: Attendances. They're down a bit, but we were awful from November to March and it's an entertainment business. The residence letter failed but there are new plans to gain attendance and he believes local schools and disadvantaged groups the way forward. There will be heavy promotions next year. "
Next article in this thread: Re: LONG POST by Paulio12/6 12:03Wed Jun 12 12:03:09 2019
- Tonight’s q&a with phil by Tony Lynchs left boot11/6 21:09Tue Jun 11 21:09:57 2019view thread
- Meet the Chairman Debrief pt. 1 by Roland Rimbs12/6 22:43Wed Jun 12 22:43:44 2019
- Re: Meet the Chairman Debrief pt. 1 by Paulio13/6 20:37Thu Jun 13 20:37:05 2019
- Part 2 by Roland Rimbs13/6 17:50Thu Jun 13 17:50:50 2019 1 person
- Re: Part 2 by Ratman4613/6 19:31Thu Jun 13 19:31:02 2019
- Re: Part 2 by Ogs14/6 07:48Fri Jun 14 07:48:41 2019 3 people
- Re: Part 2 by Roland Rimbs14/6 17:35Fri Jun 14 17:35:06 2019 2 people
- Re: Part 2 by Ratman4615/6 11:42Sat Jun 15 11:42:29 2019
- Re: Part 2 by Roland Rimbs13/6 19:41Thu Jun 13 19:41:23 2019 1 person
- Re: Part 2 by Sev13/6 19:54Thu Jun 13 19:54:54 2019 2 people
- Re: Part 2 by Roland Rimbs13/6 20:24Thu Jun 13 20:24:05 2019 1 person
- Re: Part 2 by Roulette Len13/6 20:03Thu Jun 13 20:03:35 2019
- Re: Part 2 by Gitts n Grattz13/6 20:05Thu Jun 13 20:05:06 2019 1 person
- LONG POST by Roland Rimbs11/6 21:39Tue Jun 11 21:39:49 2019 7 people
- Re: LONG POST by Paulio12/6 12:03Wed Jun 12 12:03:09 2019
- Re: LONG POST by The Hedgehog12/6 20:20Wed Jun 12 20:20:49 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Paulio12/6 21:39Wed Jun 12 21:39:54 2019 1 person
- Re: LONG POST by Bork12/6 20:59Wed Jun 12 20:59:40 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Lopo12/6 13:20Wed Jun 12 13:20:31 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Gitts n Grattz12/6 12:43Wed Jun 12 12:43:46 2019 2 people
- Re: LONG POST by Mr Happy SFC12/6 12:19Wed Jun 12 12:19:38 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Paulio12/6 14:22Wed Jun 12 14:22:48 2019 1 person
- Re: LONG POST by Owen12/6 07:12Wed Jun 12 07:12:54 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Roland Rimbs12/6 11:07Wed Jun 12 11:07:35 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Owen12/6 18:19Wed Jun 12 18:19:30 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Ogs12/6 00:26Wed Jun 12 00:26:09 2019
- Re: LONG POST by Ratman4611/6 21:46Tue Jun 11 21:46:10 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Sev11/6 21:14Tue Jun 11 21:14:19 2019 2 people
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Sideshow8511/6 21:59Tue Jun 11 21:59:14 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Pete12/6 06:55Wed Jun 12 06:55:54 2019 1 person
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by WASP12/6 07:03Wed Jun 12 07:03:24 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Paulio12/6 07:37Wed Jun 12 07:37:48 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Elkding12/6 08:06Wed Jun 12 08:06:02 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by WASP12/6 07:53Wed Jun 12 07:53:23 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Sev11/6 22:15Tue Jun 11 22:15:59 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Hitchin Callling12/6 07:42Wed Jun 12 07:42:22 2019
- Re: Tonight’s q&a with phil by Donnellyrd12/6 07:58Wed Jun 12 07:58:29 2019