ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Fa cup 1st round draw by PatToday 11:58Today at 11:58:43view thread

Oldest article: Q&A time by Boromatt14/8 11:46Wed Aug 14 11:46:01 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Changes by Bladders10/9 14:12Tue Sep 10 14:12:02 2019view thread

Re: GW Part IV

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)11/9 13:38Wed Sep 11 13:38:29 2019In response to Re: GW Part IV

Views: 470

Much of what you say, is said through rose coloured spectacles, if that's possible.

Talking through your glasses, rather than your arse? Better than many of us on here I suppose.

Yes GW gave us our best bits, without a doubt. But he was also very divisive, he could be very destructive, he made some baffling decisions and a very large proportion of the games he managed were frankly bloody awful to watch.

He doesn't do middle of the road, he was either a genius or a twat, often he was both at the same time which takes some doing.

The dinosaur accusation is about his inability to be swayed, once he doesn't like you, you're out, if you disagree with him, he'll simply ignore you at best or actively undermine you at worst. That and the fact he expects footballers to work 8 hours a day like normal people. Let's face it they're not normal people, you've only got to look at their waxed legs, hairbands and tattoos to realise that, who else goes to work with a Versace wash bag?

He's a Trumpian manager. He has one rule.... He's always right, even when everyone, and the facts disagree, and he expects total acquiescence.

I loved him at his best. Enjoyed a lot of him at his worst, because it got a reaction.

It's a no from me. Although it'd be a roller coaster and probably quite enjoyable.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: GW Part IV by Puds11/9 13:28Wed Sep 11 13:28:20 2019

Previous thread: A fresh start Saturday. by WASP10/9 19:48Tue Sep 10 19:48:30 2019view thread