ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Players we should never have let go... by East Coast BoroToday 14:09Today at 14:09:37view thread

Oldest article: The Word of Wallace by Pete10/9 09:58Tue Sep 10 09:58:32 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 1-0 to Boro by WASP8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:40 2019view thread

Re: #WeAreStevenage

By Richie Rich C7/10 22:15Mon Oct 7 22:15:47 2019In response to Re: #WeAreStevenage

Views: 862

Great Post Sev

In the early days it was that we had a vision and an absolute belief that was always what we aspired to be. It was simple , it started right from the off and it was that Stevenage should have a football league club. Even when playing at king George’s by grandad promised me that if I stuck with my local team , my Stevenage that I would see then go all the way to the football league , he never doubted it , it was the clubs and us as fans purpose to Make that happen. It was why I cried and looked to the heavens that day at Kidderminster , the life long goal had been achieved and it felt like I as a fan had achieved it as much as the team did , because we are Stevenage.

I actually believe that was the moment a part of me died to , the purpose , the goal , was achieved and nothing would ever compare to all those years of having a dream and achieving it . Ultimately that’s when the decline kind of started the togetherness came to an end . Yes we went on and did amazing things but I never quite felt part of it like I did in the risee through non league to the holy grail .

Edited by Richie Rich C at 22:16:59 on 7th October 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: #WeAreStevenage by Sev7/10 22:20Mon Oct 7 22:20:13 2019

Previous thread: WINNERS! by WASP8/10 21:43Tue Oct 8 21:43:53 2019view thread