ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Players we should never have let go... by East Coast BoroToday 14:09Today at 14:09:37view thread

Oldest article: The Word of Wallace by Pete10/9 09:58Tue Sep 10 09:58:32 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 1-0 to Boro by WASP8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:40 2019view thread

Re: #WeAreStevenage

By Tucks8/10 12:06Tue Oct 8 12:06:33 2019In response to #WeAreStevenage

Views: 642

Since #WeAreStevenage has been a thing we just simply haven’t been the Stevenage that a lot of us identify with.

In short that’s Westley and his ethos. Players who want to play for the club, run themselves through brick walls while wearing our shirt (or any other similar platitude you may wish to use instead). Attitude is more important than ability in my book. If we lose a game and the players look like they give a toss then it’s an easier pill to swallow.

Giving a toss isn’t demonstrated by half heartedly clapping the fans at the end of the game either. There are lots of players at the club at the moment that in my opinion don’t have the Stevenage DNA, even if they are technically better players than we have had in successful squads in the past. Give me a Beardo over a Guthrie or a Wilson over a Kennedy any day of the week.

Off the top of my head I think I’d only be truly sad to see Byrom, Newton or Cuthbert (and potentially Cowley too) leave from this squad because the rest aren’t what I would consider “Stevenage” players.

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: #WeAreStevenage by Donnellyrd8/10 12:28Tue Oct 8 12:28:29 2019

Previous thread: WINNERS! by WASP8/10 21:43Tue Oct 8 21:43:53 2019view thread