ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Luis Fernandez by Bladders (Wolfie) Today 21:13Today at 21:13:50view thread

Oldest article: Happy now Phil? by Phoenix14/9 17:18Sat Sep 14 17:18:46 201912 people dislike this 12 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 1-0 to Boro by WASP8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:40 2019view thread

Re: #WeAreStevenage

By AgentEves8/10 20:57Tue Oct 8 20:57:19 2019In response to Re: #WeAreStevenage

Views: 419

I see Dino as a drill sargeant, hammering home fitness and lots of physical work.

GW just demanded high standards and, as touched on before, he either brought in players who believed in the importance of what he was trying to achieve, or used his motivational skills to help players understand the importance of what he was trying to achieve.

The important part is that it was obvious what he was trying to achieve, so it's easier to sell it to others. I honestly have no idea what any of the managers after him have tried to achieve, and have no idea what Mark Sampson's style is. Absolutely no clue.

GW isn't the only person who can do this, but we need someone who puts team culture and identity at the forefront of their mantra. That being said, the Whitecaps brought in a coach who had a strong ethos and made it clear what he was trying to achieve, but when it came down to it, it isn't obvious that the team are working towards that ethos. So I don't know that it's easy, and I don't know that it's common at this level of football.

That's why I would welcome GW back, because he does things that others at this level don't seem capable of doing. And I don't just mean at Stevenage, but I mean at this level in general. If you asked me what the identity was of any other team in League Two, I'd have no idea, but I'm certain that everyone in the Division knew what our identity was under GW.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: #WeAreStevenage by Newbie_Boro8/10 09:41Tue Oct 8 09:41:48 2019

Previous thread: WINNERS! by WASP8/10 21:43Tue Oct 8 21:43:53 2019view thread